Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

- - - - -Steele - - - - -

Marshall Ward Hanley Spurr

- - - Akpan Evans - - - -

- - - - - Gomez - - - - -

- - Conway - - - Watt - -

- - - - - Graham - - - -

That seems like a team that could stay up with options such as Jackson, Lenihan, Henley and maybe a youngster or two could find a way in over the rest of the season. Not a world beating team but fairly balanced and should be enough to see us through to the summer in my opinion.

I'd say so too. Doubt we'll see us play like that, but that's the way to go.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon Watt's going to be our new hero. He looks a class act and he's only 22. I haven't seen a Rovers forward control a ball and then run at defenders in years!

Lambert mentioned his fitness in after match interview saturday, according to wiki, this has been questioned by a number of his previous managers too. The boy obviously has some talent but given the amount of clubs he has had already, will need to knuckle down to earn permanent move

Don't understand the adulation to an awful window. Re-building?

We have lost by far our best player, and only goal threat. We also have lost our player of the season from last season, with only an inadequate Spurr left, and Lawrence going isnt of any help either.

Will do well to survive.

Playing devils advocate:

Bennett - very poor so far, certainly hasn't electric pace

Jackson - quick - but hardly set the world alight at Barnsley

(We've also lost Lawrence and Olsson who were the only 2 others with a bit of pace)

Not convinced that Graham is going to be much better at holding up the ball than Rhodes - though he will close down more.

We signed Watt and Lambert was still looking for a 'number 10'

Gomez - definite improvement

Ward - seems a solid enough signing.

Fully behind PL but would like to see some real quality arrive in summer,

I just base things on us being gutless, disjointed, inconsistent and crap this season. 6 new players will shake things up. If it doesn't, we were crap and hanging around the wrong end of the table anyway - with Rhodes.

This is a major gamble.

Sold top scorer and a tough tough run of games whilst we are hovering above relegation zone.

Big pressure on Watt and Graham to deliver goods now.

Gomez a good signing for this division and will add some much needed creativity.

However this is all about if we have the fire power to get enough points on the board.

All these signings would of cost money, loan fees, signing on fees and wages. People expecting huge warchest in summer may just be disappointed.

If we can stay in Championship then Lambert can rebuild in summer, if we get dragged into relegation fight it could be curtains.

I believe what he has brought in , is better than what we brought in last summer, but is it enough when you sell your proven goal threat?

Give over. A massively dysfunctional working environment is now no more.

JR WANTED TO LEAVE.

Why is the pressure on Watt and Graham? We're a team and goals should come from all areas of the pitch, shouldn't they?

I just base things on us being gutless, disjointed, inconsistent and crap this season. 6 new players will shake things up. If it doesn't, we were crap and hanging around the wrong end of the table anyway - with Rhodes.

Don't disagree at all. Shame we couldn't have got a Mcgeady or Clough type though. I feel like we need someone to excite - perhaps Watt will be that man.

Give over. A massively dysfunctional working environment is now no more.

JR WANTED TO LEAVE.

Why is the pressure on Watt and Graham? We're a team and goals should come from all areas of the pitch, shouldn't they

Bloody hell, that ethos didn't seem to apply when Rhodes was here, the pitch forks were out for him every time he went a couple of games without scoring.

Don't disagree at all. Shame we couldn't have got a Mcgeady or Clough type though. I feel like we need someone to excite - perhaps Watt will be that man.

I hope so, I've been bored stiff at Rovers for too long now. Apart from the Burnley and Ipswich games, we've looked uninventive. I'll take steady progress and rebuilding, as long as there's passion on the pitch.

I'm glad Marshall and Hanley have stayed. Marshall has upped his game this last month or so and fair play,even though his form dipped on the wing, he makes a damn good wingback. I can't fault Hanley this season.

What happend to Lambert saying he was going to build his team around Rhodes when he first came...what a load of crap only reason he cudnt was because of his boring tactics BUT im still behind PL and hope this is the start of a new era

Like Brutus was behind Caesar!

One thing I'm disappointed in Lambert by is when he arrived he talked himself up in terms having watched some of the best managers in the game on his sabbatical. klopp, ancelotti etc, so I honestly thought with his contacts he would have made some imaginative loan signings or perm deals in this window. But as usual with alot of managers they go for the safe option rather than take chances, just disappointed in him.

Bloody hell, that ethos didn't seem to apply when Rhodes was here, the pitch forks were out for him every time he went a couple of games without scoring.

Yes, it was very odd - do you not think? I don't recall any hysteria if Newell, Speedie, Bellamy, Benny Mac etc didn't score for a couple of games.

I agree 100% Glen...seems even more odd when you don't spend the money. Surely you just keep him until the summer?

Anyway, I trust PL. He'll have my backing!!

Ward, Gomez and Watt potentially excellent signings.

Graham very solid Championship signing.

Maybe because all Rhodes does is score goals so when he don't we might as well be playing with 10 men. He doesn't bring other players into the game like the Watt & Graham do.

Theres are some right ignorant misery guts on here tonight. We've brought in a class centre midfielder, a good creative forward in and a capable centre half. If Bennet, Jackson and Graham turn in some decent performances then our first 11 looks a lot stronger with potentially a better attitude in the camp. Although we've lost 2 of our better players they both wanted out and that cant have been good for morale... So in that respect, we're better off.

Lets not forget... We can still make loan signings again soon so if we need something else then we can sort it. Personally would have liked another attacking player but fingers crossed for the loan window.

Lambert mentioned his fitness in after match interview saturday, according to wiki, this has been questioned by a number of his previous managers too. The boy obviously has some talent but given the amount of clubs he has had already, will need to knuckle down to earn permanent move

You're right about that, Lambert certainly needs to whip the lad into shape. Perhaps I'm getting a bit carried away, but there were glimpses of real class against Oxford which has got me quite excited.

Archived