BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newport

All depends if BBC Wales had rights to show a replay I would imagine, if they did then with Newport being the last Welsh side in the competition then there may be a chance. If not then BBC Wales will just show the replay that our normal BBC are showing.

It won't be on TV. There are only so many games allowed in the TV broadcast deal - 3 for BT Sport and 3 for the BBC (including one for BBC Wales) plus one each in the replays. As all the games have been shown then they can't show any more. Not sure about BBC Wales having rights to show a replay but since this isn't a replay (yet) they won't be able to show it. I guess we may find out if the game is drawn.

Edit - OK then it may be :wacko:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't be on TV. There are only so many games allowed in the TV broadcast deal - 3 for BT Sport and 3 for the BBC (including one for BBC Wales) plus one each in the replays. As all the games have been shown then they can't show any more. Not sure about BBC Wales having rights to show a replay but since this isn't a replay (yet) they won't be able to show it. I guess we may find out if the game is drawn.

S4C showed Cardiff v Shrewsbury live last night.

• Backroom

The early kick off isn't great for our fans but glad it's on tv.

We now play Tuesday - Saturday - Monday but most teams had similar over Christmas and we lost and said the lack of the match may have been harmful.

12pm from Accy 12.30pm from Ewood according to the official twitter earlier.

I am slightly disappointed with Rovers offering free coach travel to supporters who travelled on Saturday. I don't want to sound disingenuous but I know of a lot of fans who want to travel to Newport on Monday under their own steam for various reasons and the 12 and 12.30 coach departure time is just one of them. In my opinion it would have been fairer to offer every fan who bought a ticket for Saturdays game the same amount to offset their costs of travelling on Monday either by coach, car or train.

Sorry but I think that does sound disingenuous in response to a classy gesture by the club

Your opinion and you are fully entitled to that. What about Rovers fans who live outside the area. For example I know one from the other side of Manchester who will have to travel to Blackburn for a 12.30 pick up and then get back. His day could be increased by a couple of hours to take advantage of the offer. He was there on Saturday and will be there on Monday. It is a noble gesture by the club but in the interests of fairness all supporters should be treated the same irrespective of their mode of travel.

I travelled up to Blackburn from Cambridge on Friday night, then got the train from Manchester on Saturday to Newport with the lads. @#/? happens.

Going to travel on Monday I think direct from Cambs, but still had a good day out.

I am slightly disappointed with Rovers offering free coach travel to supporters who travelled on Saturday. I don't want to sound disingenuous but I know of a lot of fans who want to travel to Newport on Monday under their own steam for various reasons and the 12 and 12.30 coach departure time is just one of them. In my opinion it would have been fairer to offer every fan who bought a ticket for Saturdays game the same amount to offset their costs of travelling on Monday either by coach, car or train.

if ever there was evidence that you cannot please all the people all the time, then this is it. :blink:

Personally I think the club should be sending a taxi to drive me the 500 yards to Ewood before getting on the free coach to Newport and back. I'm also expecting a table on the coach with a three course meal (free of course) washed down with the finest ponk money can buy (again free of course). Finally I expect, no DEMAND a day loss of earnings.

The above is the MINIMUM or I'll be taking to social media and the club supporters forum to say that the club aren't doing enough for me...

Archived