BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newport

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your opinion and you are fully entitled to that. What about Rovers fans who live outside the area. For example I know one from the other side of Manchester who will have to travel to Blackburn for a 12.30 pick up and then get back. His day could be increased by a couple of hours to take advantage of the offer. He was there on Saturday and will be there on Monday. It is a noble gesture by the club but in the interests of fairness all supporters should be treated the same irrespective of their mode of travel.

The club can't be expected to pick up the tab for all forms of transport and pay the costs of each individual supporter . It's laying on free coaches, which is a fine gesture - I think you're being unreasonable and your criticism is unjustified.

if ever there was evidence that you cannot please all the people all the time, then this is it. :blink:

Personally I think the club should be sending a taxi to drive me the 500 yards to Ewood before getting on the free coach to Newport and back. I'm also expecting a table on the coach with a three course meal (free of course) washed down with the finest ponk money can buy (again free of course). Finally I expect, no DEMAND a day loss of earnings.

The above is the MINIMUM or I'll be taking to social media and the club supporters forum to say that the club aren't doing enough for me...

Your childish retort does you no favours. Disagree by all means but be grown up about it at least.

Are the Club going to refund me for the roast beef dinner at the Newprt Toby Inn.

It was the normal size not the "extra large" with sausage and two Yorkshire puds.

If not I am going to chuck my ST in.....I blame the Venkys ands GB for this farce.

I WANT COMPENSATION NOW.

On the Rovers website it states the organisers of the 2 independent coaches should contact Barbara Magee. It therefore implies that the club will also pay for the independent coaches to go to this fixture?

I was on the 'Darwen Blues' coach with 80 others from the Craven Heifer (that's the original Darwen Blues and not the group who are affiliated with the Action Group) A little disappointed that the organiser of the coach contacted the club today and was told the 2 independent coaches are Ewood Blues and Action Group. They were unaware of us, despite the fact the same was declared to the Rovers police in accordance with protocol and this was the 6th away game this season a Darwen blues coach has been organised from either the Craven or Spinners.

We therefore don't qualify. Academic for me as I don't fancy travelling all the way to Newport again for the potential of another postponement if it only takes an hours downpour! However I know a few on the coach who want to go who would gladly sort a smaller bus, but they will not get it for free, unlike action group and Ewood blues.

The way I understand it is, if these people individually contact Rovers with their match ticket for Saturday, they can travel on the official coaches on Monday. Hope I read it right

I read it that way as well but after speaking with the ticket office the free travel is only for the people who went on the official coaches and the two named independent coaches.

It isn't a very clear statement on the website and it is open to different interpretations.

I went down in a car on Saturday, but my understanding of the statement on the website is that I will qualify for free coach travel.

'The club will provide free coach travel from Ewood Park to Newport for those fans who made the original journey on Saturday'.

They don't specify what the 'original journey' was. It could mean anyone who went to Newport on Saturday, it could also mean anyone who made the original journey by coach.

I anticipate that the departure time for the coaches will be around 12:00-12:30 on Monday which is too early for me as I only intend on taking one afternoon off work, so expect to be driving down at 2 or 3pm, but if it was more convenient for me and I fancied a free trip down I would be reading this statement and expecting the club to provide travel free of charge even though I didn't buy a ticket on Saturday.

Bear in mind that you can watch the match on S4C but unless you're fluent in Welsh you won't be able to understand the commentary. Mind you many may see this as a positive.

Football is the same whatever the language. Usually commentaries spoil a game

A grand gesture if so.

Agreed. Have to say the club has improved remarkably in its basic customer relations. A long way to go, but the signs are much more positive. You get the feeling things are being taken much more seriously and dealt with more professionally. Throughout the madness the disrespect shown to customers was staggering.

Agreed. Have to say the club has improved remarkably in its basic customer relations. A long way to go, but the signs are much more positive. You get the feeling things are being taken much more seriously and dealt with more professionally. Throughout the madness the disrespect shown to customers was staggering.

Agreed, along with potting GB this is one of the welcome positives coming out of Ewood.

I read it like that also. However why does it then ask the independent coach organisers to contact Barbara Magee?

David, I guess (and it is a guess) that is so that Rovers can pay for the same coaches to go again as many of the Ewood Blues and BRAG would rather not go on the official travel.

I saw your double decker coach just coming into Newport as we were driving away. How did your Abergavenney stop go....decent pubs?

If its true that anyone with a ticket for Saturdays game gets free coach travel then I am driving up to Ewood from Cheltenham so I can get the bus for free to Newport ;)

Stick with driving from Cheltenham Alan, lovely part of the world.

I lived in both Tewkesbury and then Cleeve Prior and loved it.

Archived