BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newport

Interesting to see what side Lambert puts out next week. Hope its not littered with the crap that we've already seen isn't good enough, Koita, Delfonso, Brown, Taylor, Williamson, Akpan, Guthrie.

Hopefully he will wrap Hanley, Olsson, Evans and Conway in cotton wool for QPR, but start Rhodes as he will start scoring again soon, perfect chance to get a run starting. And work all week on attacking with the ball on the ground, as long ball doesn't suit us.

Start 3 or 4 youngsters but no more, I am unconvinced that they are capable of stepping up but its a perfect chance to see if they are capable as squad players, unlike the players I mentioned before. We only have 1 senior right back and 2 wingers, one hopelessly out of form for a year, and are lacking in the centre of midfield.

Something like:

Raya

Nyambe Duffy Kilgallon Spurr

Mahoney Guthrie(unless we get a new signing) Lenihan Marshall

Lawrence

Rhodes

We need a pacy winger, a central midfielder who can compliment Evans and get a few goals, and another striker, as a minimum, this week ideally. I wont hold my breath on this, and I expect much of the crap to be given another chance in a week,

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I already posted on the fa cup thread, Newport's game got postponed today at about 11 am due to a waterlogged pitch, and the forecast is rain all of next week. I really do not hold much hope of this game being on.

I'm fully expecting it to get called off at about 11am again, by which point our pub bus will probably be on the M50.

I've had a look at alternative fixtures and can see Hereford are at home in the FA Vase. A visit to Edgar St beckons!

I remember going to west brom in the fa cup 3rd round in 2000 and a few coach load of Cardiff fans were there after their game got postponed at Bolton.

As I already posted on the fa cup thread, Newport's game got postponed today at about 11 am due to a waterlogged pitch, and the forecast is rain all of next week. I really do not hold much hope of this game being on.

I'm fully expecting it to get called off at about 11am again, by which point our pub bus will probably be on the M50.

I've had a look at alternative fixtures and can see Hereford are at home in the FA Vase. A visit to Edgar St beckons!

I remember going to west brom in the fa cup 3rd round in 2000 and a few coach load of Cardiff fans were there after their game got postponed at Bolton.

it was called off after an 8am inspection so would hope they do the same nxt week

I miss the days of a 1st eleven playing all of the matches. Someone was only missing due to injury/suspension/form. No rotating 25 players. Cheltenhams game was also called off down here. The forecast isn`t for rain all week but Thursday is looking nasty at the moment.

Stupidity with a game on the Tuesday.g

Not really.

We kept hearing how we'd benefit from an extra day's rest against Reading, and then the 'Boro postponement, and we didn't look any fresher for it.

If a win, even if it's against Newport, can build some momentum, I'd say it's worth it.

It's a no win situation in the cup. Play our strongest team and get beat, or pick up injuries and Lambert will be criticised.

Go with a weakened team and get beat he will see criticism similar to that seen aimed at Bowyer after the Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe performances.

Stupidity with a game on the Tuesday.g

So playing your best team in the only silverware chance is stupid ?

Young lads should be able to play twice a week .

It's a no win situation in the cup. Play our strongest team and get beat, or pick up injuries and Lambert will be criticised.

Go with a weakened team and get beat he will see criticism similar to that seen aimed at Bowyer after the Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe performances.

Play your strongest team if injuries occur then it's part n parcel

We must beat Newport. Everyone needs a boost at this time which a win v anyone brings. A defeat would be so demoralising for all.

Play the strongest possible team v Newport and let the future take care of itself.

The last thing we must do in underestimate lower league opposition in the Cup especially in an away game. Not that we have been that clever at home when fielding squad players in Cup games.

This mentality that players can`t handle 2 football matches in a week is nonsense. They have done it for decades. Its only the modern player/fan who seems to think it is a strange concept.

I agree - if anything more games should make you sharper within reason.

One aspect that does change things slightly is the money involved, thus the expensive ones will not be risked.

I think he will rest Rhodes but play a strong team but I have nothing but a guess to base that on!

What a potential banana skin this game has become in light of our current form. Normally I'd say try a couple of youngsters to see what they can do but in the circumstances I'd say play the first choice X1 so that they and they alone could take the brunt of the criticism should the unthinkable occur.

It would then also give Lambert a much stronger hand as regards a potential clear out you'd have thought.

Archived