BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newport

• Backroom

Petshi & Mahoney both aren't involved in the U21 game this afternoon. Maybe they will feature vs Newport?

Petshi not featured for a while has he?

You would think Bennett starts on one wing and Lenihan in the centre, other than that I don't expect too many surprises.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure they'll even start Rhodes in this one especially IF there is the slightest inkling to sell him. He might be a target for their hatchet men and then that would blow things apart. If however he does play you'd be expecting him to get back to scoring ways.

Surprised we've not quite sold out yet, our support has been tremendous over the past few years despite everything that's gone on, but it's a long journey straight after Christmas with a possible second string side, the magic of the FA Cup eh....

• Backroom

I'd go...

EASTWOOD

HENLEY HANLEY KILGALLON OLSSON

BENNETT AKPAN CONWAY

LAWRENCE MARSHALL

RHODES

Slight rotation but should be enough to get the job done vs Newport!

I'm quite worried about this one and am going more in hope than expectation. :unsure: Oh; and to "tick" another new ground; sad old Rovers fan that I am!

Last Saturday afternoon I thought that, if we played against Newport like we were doing against Cardiff, we couldn't win, especially since they've picked up now Sheridan's took over from Terry Butcher.

Then on Sunday, the "Observer" ranked all this weekend's ties on the possibility of upsets on the basis of the difference in League places between the 2 clubs; our game was 7th out of the 32 ties!

So I'll be sad but not that surprised if it's Newport's name in the hat next Monday,

I'm quite worried about this one and am going more in hope than expectation. :unsure: Oh; and to "tick" another new ground; sad old Rovers fan that I am!

Last Saturday afternoon I thought that, if we played against Newport like we were doing against Cardiff, we couldn't win, especially since they've picked up now Sheridan's took over from Terry Butcher.

Then on Sunday, the "Observer" ranked all this weekend's ties on the possibility of upsets on the basis of the difference in League places between the 2 clubs; our game was 7th out of the 32 ties!

So I'll be sad but not that surprised if it's Newport's name in the hat next Monday,

The way we are playing at the moment it's hard to be confident about beating anybody. I fancy a 1-1 draw.

• Backroom

So who on this MB is going to Newport then apart from me, 1864Roverite, AlanK, Sambo, m1st and the Darren drunkards?

Not drinking myself due to "Dry January". Gone on a pie diet instead.

I'll be there, got a really bad feeling we're going to turn up and the game be called off. They're due bad weather at the back end of the week and heavy rain with thunderstorms on Saturday morning.

So who on this MB is going to Newport then apart from me, 1864Roverite, AlanK, Sambo, m1st and the Darren drunkards?

I will be there might have a couple as my son is driving.

Mustard will be another brfcs member in attendance.

Aye, I'll be there. Sat in the uncovered away end so hoping the weather isn't too bad!

As someone has mentioned, I really hope the game goes ahead. The weather has been pretty poor here this week, but would have to be substantially worse to call it off.

Brave not drinking, the way Rovers have shaped recently I'll be in need of a few pints of Guinness!

Yep I`ll be there. There will be four of us but due to restrictions on away tickets ( season tickets/away games etc ) I decided not to risk losing out and we will be sat with the home fans in the Bisley stand accross the dividing netting to the away fans so if any of you are there and start throwing abuse at the home fans it will be aimed at me haha!

The weather forecast for tonight is awful and Saturday isn`t much better :(

I'm there along with David brent.. Win or lose we'll have a booze

In all seriousness this could well be an upset

One of the lads going to this on our bus, who happens to be an assistant groundsman at Ewood on match days, tweeted the Newport groundsman to ask about the pitch. This was his response:

"Hi mate no not a problem at all the weather is awful the pitch is very heavy at the moment with more bad weather to come but hopefully it isn't too bad on Saturday then we should play it won't be pretty but fingers crossed the weather eases a bit."

Make of that what you will! On the positive bbc weather forecasts sun in Newport tomorrow and dry Friday, although heavy rain forecast for Saturday.

The Welsh Grand National is on at Chepstow if all else fails! However even this is the subject of an inspection!

I am not confident our game will be on.

And you Gav are on the "pie and a pint or 6" diet.

Are you going to Newport or having a day out at the garden centre?

I've been commuting this week so I'm feeling almost old as you pal, so for that reason alone we're not going.

Hope its a good trip.

Archived