BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newport

I see that young defender Scott Wharton is given squad number 34 ahead of this match. "Scott has already cemented a place in the heart of the Under-21 defence with strong displays earning the young defender a place in the squad for the Emirates FA Cup 3rd round tie with Newport County in January 2016".

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Mushy pea pasties? Sounds revolting.

Hope you enjoy your day PB better than the pasties.

COYB.

sounds great love the mushy pea fritters at holly tree chippy

It was a turn of phrase, dear chap. Presumably it's a long since forgotten metaphor for heads being chopped off during the French Revolution or such like. Pretty sure those at the top of organisations don't end up being decapitated. So if it's the phrase that's baffling you, worry not.

It was a very strange phrase to use in terms of football and Rovers in particular because of our present circumstances.

Anyhow, here's hoping for a win today and no repeat of Oxford United away in 1964, one of the worst days in the club's history.

Difficult to call Rovers' games recently.

I suspect the 'affable' Lambert that the press has seen and reported on over the last couple of weeks has ben far less affable down at Brockhall and I think a couple of riot acts will have been read. I therefore expect Rovers to emerge from this one unbeaten though it might take a replay to see us through.

Looks like the right decision on the day but it's not great for Rovers in terms of squeezing fixtures in.

Seem to remember concerns about this possibility a couple of weeks ago. This bloody rain is a nuisance at the moment. Could Newport have done more? Did they have, or could they have used, covers during the week?

Feel so sorry for those fans who have travelled. Hope they can still make something of it before heading back. Wonder if this will be a midweek fixture - making travel very difficult - or if it will take place on the same weekend as the next round of Cup fixtures.

Archived