BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newport

Apparently in Carragher's book he admits that one of his mates rang him and said he'd seen Lucas Neill at the Trafford Centre and asked if he wanted him to 'do him'. Nice lad...

I vaguely remember that he called off the hit because of David Thompson? :rolleyes:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

Not sure why you keep banging this drum, Jim. Do you want Bowyer back? This is the team that Bowyer built and Lambert now needs to shape it after 5 years of successive non-managers having a go.

I'm not banging any drum. But I'd like to know which heads you think should roll if we lose (as you stated).

I'm not banging any drum. But I'd like to know which heads you think should roll if we lose (as you stated).

Depends who is playing.

Do you think that even Rovers' second string losing to Newport is acceptable?

Depends who is playing.

No it's not. About time we showed some genuine bottle and quality and justified the massive money being spent. Even our 2nd string are experienced in the Championship.

Four on the bounce? Don't think Lambert would be happy with that one iota.

Depends who is playing.

The first team virtually picks itself so if the first team plays and it loses there is unlikely to be much of a shake-up because there's few better players to come in. If Rovers pick a largely reserve side and it loses then presumably the fringe players will be dropped. Heads often roll at the top of organisations in the aftermath of catastrophic events but I cannot see Lambert losing his job if we lose at Newport . I'm still intrigued as to where you think "heads might roll".

The first team virtually picks itself so if the first team plays and it loses there is unlikely to be much of a shake-up because there's few better players to come in. If Rovers pick a largely reserve side and it loses then presumably the fringe players will be dropped. Heads often roll at the top of organisations in the aftermath of catastrophic events but I cannot see Lambert losing his job if we lose at Newport . I'm still intrigued as to where you think "heads might roll".

It was a turn of phrase, dear chap. Presumably it's a long since forgotten metaphor for heads being chopped off during the French Revolution or such like. Pretty sure those at the top of organisations don't end up being decapitated. So if it's the phrase that's baffling you, worry not.

If we lose to Newport today then those playing are simply not up to the task of playing football at Championship level. Those not pulling their weight should be dropped from the side - even if it means giving some of our youngsters a chance. This isn't a one-off potential banana skin match, it's a sign-of-the-times match and a chance for some of our lot to exhibit themselves in the rogues gallery.

The team sheet will be interesting reading.

There's no province finer - Brilliant

Fantastic, love it. I go to Newport quite a bit with work. It's a proper dump but the people are really nice. I remembering a load of us staggering into Yates's by the station a few hours after the League Cup win and having a good crack. Seemed pretty rough though.

Easy win today I reckon, maybe 3-0.

If we lose to Newport today then those playing are simply not up to the task of playing football at Championship level. Those not pulling their weight should be dropped from the side - even if it means giving some of our youngsters a chance. This isn't a one-off potential banana skin match, it's a sign-of-the-times match and a chance for some of our lot to exhibit themselves in the rogues gallery.

The team sheet will be interesting reading.

Absolutely Stuart, far to often in recent times the fringe players let Bowyer, fans and the club down in games such as this.

Most of the current squad are drinking in the last chance saloon anyway, so let's hope the ones selected realise that, and put a shift in, if not some should never play for this club again.

I hope they win for the fans making the long trek south and make sure you arrive early or Preston Blue will have emptied the pie stand.

Absolutely Stuart, far to often in recent times the fringe players let Bowyer, fans and the club down in games such as this.

Most of the current squad are drinking in the last chance saloon anyway, so let's hope the ones selected realise that, and put a shift in, if not some should never play for this club again.

I hope they win for the fans making the long trek south and make sure you arrive early or Preston Blue will have emptied the pie stand.

:tu:

Enjoy the game but I fear this is classic Cup upset territory. Newport going much better than their league position suggests because they made the most appalling start to the season.

Rovers with a marshmellow central midfield and a fear of scoring.

Will be relieved not to lose this one.

Archived