BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Elliott Bennett Signs For Rovers

Stuart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a fairly sensible signing to me, already knows Lambert and what he expects from his teams. Likely to be used right-midfield do we think? and possibly another option to play right-back as well given he's been playing right wing-back for Bristol City this season.

A quiz question for you all, can you name any players to have played for Rovers that have had two pairs of double letters in both their forename and surname?

No, none. Until now.

Both of those have only one set in their first name and two sets in their second.

"two pairs of double letters in both their forename and surname"

In that case, no I cant think of any.

Seems like a fairly sensible signing to me, already knows Lambert and what he expects from his teams. Likely to be used right-midfield do we think? and possibly another option to play right-back as well given he's been playing right wing-back for Bristol City this season.

A quiz question for you all, can you name any players to have played for Rovers that have had two pairs of double letters in both their forename and surname?

Trick q? only one and he has yet to feature in a game?

looks a good signing Lets hope pressure for places might get some to knuckle down and start working harder.

Here, here. Was impressed with his Roversplayer interview. He seemed to genuinely relish the occasion and repeatedly refered to us in the correct term ; "Blackburn Rovers."

Lamberts a proper experienced manager, what we've all been crying out for, so I'd expect every signing to have an impact.

Bowyer seemed to be playing the lottery with his signings, it was more about trying to make money at times, rather than improve the team, that's why he brought in so many free transfers I believe.

Back to normality now though hopefully.

Lamberts a proper experienced manager, what we've all been crying out for, so I'd expect every signing to have an impact.

Bowyer seemed to be playing the lottery with his signings, it was more about trying to make money at times, rather than improve the team, that's why he brought in so many free transfers I believe.

Back to normality now though hopefully.

After the last 5 years and the revolving door player policy, dodgy agents, undeserved contract awards, players frozen out, players signed totally unfit for purpose...back to normal sounds brilliant to me also. It's supposed tp be exciting when new players are signed, but recent events spoilt even that.

Corrado Grabbi!

Seems a good signing, he's done it before at this level and PL knows him well, so at least he won't be a 'bad egg' and should buy into Lambert's methods.

The more competition for places the better. Hoping that he hits the ground running!

Important thing here, is that this is the start of the Lambert team taking shape.

My personal opinion is that next season we will see what sort of Impact Lambert will have, and the chance of promotion. Our expectations should always have been lowered in terms of playoffs and promotion for this season.

I wish Bennett all the best, and hope he can provide an immediate impact.

Trick q? only one and he has yet to feature in a game?

Ronaldinho? Luca Toni? ;)

Important thing here, is that this is the start of the Lambert team taking shape.

My personal opinion is that next season we will see what sort of Impact Lambert will have, and the chance of promotion. Our expectations should always have been lowered in terms of playoffs and promotion for this season.

I wish Bennett all the best, and hope he can provide an immediate impact.

Ronaldinho? Luca Toni? ;)

I hope the owners see it that way as well. Nicko was peddling it about that they still see promotion achievable this season hence the change in manager. Seems they are still deluded if they think it's going to happen with a zero budget.

I hope the owners see it that way as well. Nicko was peddling it about that they still see promotion achievable this season hence the change in manager. Seems they are still deluded if they think it's going to happen with a zero budget.

I think three defeats on the spin pretty definitively states promotion will not happen this season even with significant investment!

Agree they were probably hoping PL would come in and get more from the existing squad and have the chance to make a few signings in Jan to augment for a decent chance of playoffs - that's what I thought was possible and I bet most observers did. However this hasn't happened - the players are actually performing worse! So it is back to the drawing board seemingly needing a total squad overhaul. The decision Venky's have is do they give PL loads now and try and make playoffs this season (I would say this is impossible now but they are mad enough to try), or commit to a more steady investment plan and accept 2017 is the target.

I have a hunch that having to replan for 2017 really was not on the agenda for Venky's, hence why we got PL, and the three defeats have been a massive and unexpected kick in the balls. Their advisors would have been telling them "get in PL and these sorts of results won't happen", yet they just have,

Improves us two fold this as marshall can now maybe play right back, meaning we improve at right mid and right back.

...or get a personal incentive to perform better at right wing. He's had absolutely no competition for his place for far too long now.

To be honest I find it almost impossible to tell how good these players are now that we're at free/cheap journeymen level. Grimly nostalgic to look back on the Big Sam era when you had fans moaning about style of football and saying they'd rather watch a free flowing team in the Championship. And now instead of being a whisker from signing Robert Lewandowski, we're signing Elliott Bennett.

Anyway guess that's how things are now so have to see how he does. 2 goals in his last 88 appearances doesn't fill me with confidence, and I hope its a case of he didn't want Bristol City rather than Bristol City didn't want him. He does seem rather Marshall/Conway-esque in terms of physical stature as well which won't lend itself to Lambert's so far primarily long ball style.

But then a proven experienced manager has signed him, and we know from the buys of Hughes and Allardyce that that means a lot. Hopefully he's the Championship's answer to Bentley/Diouf rather than Formica/Vukcevic!

Archived