BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Elliott Bennett Signs For Rovers

Stuart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the video posted of this lad in the transfer thread, looks like he could be a handy player to have. Seems to be able to whip a good ball in.

More importantly, Lambert obviously knows him and knows what he brings. Equally Bennett knows what Lambert expects from him.

Puts someone else in the team under pressure, so now they need to perform or they will be out.

Good hardworking player WHO can run and provide passes in to the box. Puts pressure on others. This is a player with PL experience and still only 27 years old. Welcome Eliott! I think he is more inspired playing for a good manager and a fantastic club!

On the face of it this could be a very good signing for us and add an extra dimension to our game. Increases competition out wide and I would imagine the cost was minimal with his contract coming to an end.

Time will tell but this is a pleasing first signing under the Lambert era.

Holt coming in as Browns successor.

Holt is a leader and was Lamberts captain. Even at 35 could be useful.

Pilkington has showed om Twitter where his minds are...

Jackson doing his all to get a contract.

Grabban to happen only IF Rhodes leave.

Not to sure about Graham.

Could see some outgoings too. Believe Rovers looking at a left back.

Not sure I'd swap Rhodes for Grabban. He's decent but Rhodes is better IMO.

I'd take Holt if he was to replace Brown every day of the week. Pilkington is a no brainier if it can be done.

Would rather we went for someone else instead of Graham with more pace.

Left back would be interesting...possibility of moving Olsson further up the pitch? Or does PL not rate Spurr as good enough cover I wonder.

How do you know all this? Jackson?

Seems like a fairly sensible signing to me, already knows Lambert and what he expects from his teams. Likely to be used right-midfield do we think? and possibly another option to play right-back as well given he's been playing right wing-back for Bristol City this season.

A quiz question for you all, can you name any players to have played for Rovers that have had two pairs of double letters in both their forename and surname?

Seems like a fairly sensible signing to me, already knows Lambert and what he expects from his teams. Likely to be used right-midfield do we think? and possibly another option to play right-back as well given he's been playing right wing-back for Bristol City this season.

A quiz question for you all, can you name any players to have played for Rovers that have had two pairs of double letters in both their forename and surname?

Glenn Keeley?

Terry Gennoe

Archived