BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Hull

den

'More Annie Walker than Jack Walker'

What a situation we are in when in inferior club(yes I know they beat us easy!) like Hull City can take the pish.

Indicative of our continuing spiral into the abyss.

Embarrassing.

Exactly how I feel. In the spirit of masochism, here's another one:....

"Hull were light years ahead".

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have Graham, Watt, Jackson, Gomez, Marshall(Who I would play further up if we sign a righty back or play Henley), Grimes.

BUT Rhodes wasn't exactly scoring goals under Lambert tho was he? 2 goals in his tenure.

Since Rhodes left we have scored 4 goals in 3 games.

so why not give it abit longer before we judge who the goals are going to come from.

Iike I said that I thought Watt was poor yesterday and we missed Graham as a focus point/target man aswell

You really make it hard for me to stop posting . Yes I know you believe in the Venkyscum blue and white unicorn that spreads fairy dust but please stop telling lies to meet you're magical super fan needs ... We have scored one goal that's 1 not this number you made up since Rhodes left .

I wasn't that impressed with Hull at all considering they are top. We had loads of the ball yet the first corner I remember was about 42 mins. IMO they were there for the taking, yes they stepped it up 2nd half but if we'd have been causing them any bother they wouldn't have been able to.

Bruces teams tend to be solid and unspectacular and that's what they were but i'll be surprised if they finish top. An easier gift wrapped 3 points they'll not get the rest of the season.

Absolutely. Hull are a prem team playing in the Championship. The players that they have strike me as weird in the sense that they're too good for the championship but quite ordinary for the PL. Probably why clubs didn't take any of their players. Usually when a club gets relegated prem teams circle like vultures over the half decent players that the team might have(like what happened to us). Most of their players fall ight in the gap in quality between championship and Pl. Will always be a class above in the champ but will never make it in the prem.

Just logged on and only read this last page. What a surprise to see the Rhodes fans out in force - not. He's gone guys, if you love him that much then get yourselves a ticket at the riverside. Yesterday we didn't miss Rhodes, we missed forwards of the quality that Hull had. They were lightning quick, ran us ragged all afternoon long and made things happen - something that Rhodes never can do and something we should be aspiring to. We're going to need that £9m more than ever.

As for the game, well it's like looking forward immensely to a night out that turns into a disaster. As a rovers fan I really should know better. Hull were far, far superior to us all over the park. When you lose like we did, inevitably all the old doubts come back.

In fairness, Rhodes had only scored two goals under Lambert and both were away from home. He hadn't looked interested for some time and I suspect he realised that he wasn't suited for the way Lambert wanted to set the team up. From what I have seen so far it would appear to me that Lambert is more interested in the squad as a whole rather than having one or two so called 'star' players. It's the same philosophy that Gordon Lee had when he got rid of crowd favourites Field and Garbett to fund his rebuilding programme. Only next season will tell if Lambert has the same golden touch as Lee.

The Gordon Lee comparison is an interesting one and has been used by a few posters.

The end of that 73-4 season was absolutely dire, but I don't remember us actually being in danger of relegation. Because we had had a very good run under Furphy, Lee had more time and we had a decent buffer, as players adapted to the change of regime.. I don't think he brought in Oates,Hawkins and Beamish etc until the close season.

This time I do think we are in very real danger of relegation.Venky's acted far too late and more points ere squandered, as the existing players were not able/willing to adapt to the new manager's changes

If we can survive, I am sureLambert can begin the next campaign with a functional team.

Just logged on and only read this last page. What a surprise to see the Rhodes fans out in force - not. He's gone guys, if you love him that much then get yourselves a ticket at the riverside. Yesterday we didn't miss Rhodes, we missed forwards of the quality that Hull had. They were lightning quick, ran us ragged all afternoon long and made things happen - something that Rhodes never can do and something we should be aspiring to. We're going to need that £9m more than ever.

As for the game, well it's like looking forward immensely to a night out that turns into a disaster. As a rovers fan I really should know better. Hull were far, far superior to us all over the park. When you lose like we did, inevitably all the old doubts come back.

Go on den ,Rhodes v any of current strikers ? Who is better ?

So when we eventually win you won't be on here saying we don't miss Rhodes .

What was the crowd reaction at full time I left on 80 mins and nearly launched my season ticket on the pitch .

There was nobody on that pitch upfront yesterday performed any better than what Rhodes was doing recently. There was also 1 chance created which you'd certainly have fancied him to bury. When he's on form he was the difference in games like that so often in the past.

The Gordon Lee comparison is an interesting one and has been used by a few posters.

The end of that 73-4 season was absolutely dire, but I don't remember us actually being in danger of relegation. Because we had had a very good run under Furphy, Lee had more time and we had a decent buffer, as players adapted to the change of regime.. I don't think he brought in Oates,Hawkins and Beamish etc until the close season.

This time I do think we are in very real danger of relegation.Venky's acted far too late and more points ere squandered, as the existing players were not able/willing to adapt to the new manager's changes

If we can survive, I am sureLambert can begin the next campaign with a functional team.

Good points as always Leonard. Yes, you are right, Lee didn't start to rebuild until the summer. We were chasing promotion when Furphy left and ended up mid-table as Lee assessed those he wanted and those destined for the exit door. You are correct in saying that relegation was never a danger despite some very poor results during Lee's first few months in charge. I agree that Lambert hasn't got the luxury of time and when it became clear that he couldn't get a response from the players he inherited - I must admit to being surprised that Bowyer was able to get more from them than Lambert - he had no choice but make major changes in January. Integrating six - and now seven - new signings into the team at this point in the season is always a gamble - and the reason why so little business is actually done in the January window, despite what Sky would have us believe. I think Hull showed yesterday what is required in this division and sadly we are a long, long way from that. The Middlesbrough game showed that the team is capable of producing better but the loss of Graham, Akpan and Hanley proved too much for the rest of the squad to cope with and that's a major worry.

I still believe we will survive, as I did when Bowyer was in charge, but it could be a close run thing unless we start winning matches, particularly at Ewood. Lambert will need every penny of the money he has brought in during January to bring in the quality that is needed to make a realistic challenge for the top six next season.

So when we eventually win you won't be on here saying we don't miss Rhodes . What was the crowd reaction at full time I left on 80 mins and nearly launched my season ticket on the pitch .

The problem yesterday wasn't in any way connected to Rhodes having gone IMO Abbey. Hull were just too good for us all over the park. Rhodes would have made no difference to that. We aren't good enough as a team. That's what needs addressing and at the moment it isn't being addressed well enough.

Would you pay Boro back the £9m to get Rhodes back and continue as we were, which if you remember was seeing us slide towards relegation anyway?

What was the crowd reaction at full time I left on 80 mins and nearly launched my season ticket on the pitch .

The bottom line Abbey is that Rhodes didn't want to play for Blackburn Rovers. Leaving the night before the cup-tie at Oxford and leaving his team mates in the lurch suggested his commitment to the club was questionable to say the least. He wanted away, the manager was happy to let him leave and so the club moves on.

The bottom line Abbey is that Rhodes didn't want to play for Blackburn Rovers. Leaving the night before the cup-tie at Oxford and leaving his team mates in the lurch suggested his commitment to the club was questionable to say the least. He wanted away, the manager was happy to left him leave and so the club moves on.

Exactly!

Already got a Riverside ticket, thanks very much den. :rover:

This issue will rumble on for as long as we don't see goals.

I didn't think Hull were all that good and individual errors and goalkeeper reticence cost us a 0-0.

Boos at full time followed by complete silence.

I don't think I've ever walked up Livesey Branch after a game and it be so quiet -it was as if everyone had been to a funeral.

On the game, I just couldn't see where a goal would come from. Yes we were ok first half but created nowt of any note. Second half was well, embarrassing!

I agree with the statement made about that challenge on Spurr, with the ref choosing to ignore it, I was praying for someone to go right through their RB in defence of his mate but who? The only one who might would be Hanley & he wasn't on the pitch. I also think Spurr should've been taken off after that challenge, he was clearly injured & Bruce targeted this - quite rightly.

On that display I'm seriously considering whether to bother on Tues & I've not felt like that since you know who was in charge!

You really make it hard for me to stop posting . Yes I know you believe in the Venkyscum blue and white unicorn that spreads fairy dust but please stop telling lies to meet you're magical super fan needs ... We have scored one goal that's 1 not this number you made up since Rhodes left .

You just cant leave me alone can you abbey.

I am Blackburn Rovers fan through the good and bad times. That will NEVER change at any time!!!

On Rhodes, let's not FORGET that he wanted out in the summer and want public with his desired to join Boro. Some fans have forgetten!

Plus Lambert's comments in the public are that Rhodes wanted out for the last 18 months.

At times I wonder whether keep Rhodes at Rovers means more to some fans than us getting promote and backing an experience proven manager in Lambert and his judgement.

Thought Hulls following was a bit crap considering they're top and the size of the place. Also very quiet, I think they felt embarrassed for us!

Completely agree. A shocking following considering they are top of the league. If we were in their position we would have taken double that to hull. As an example of similar geography, I remember us taking 4000 to Grimsby in 92 and fans being locked out.

Our away support was phenomenal in the 2 seasons I have seen us get promoted out of the 2nd division.

Not really much to say about the game. First half we matched them. 2nd half was awful.

[quote name="den" post="1617580"

Would you pay Boro back the £9m to get Rhodes back and continue as we were, which if you remember was seeing us slide towards relegation anyway?

No I wouldnt.

I'm backing Lambert and the team. He is experience and he didnt feel Rhodes was the right type of striker for him.

I'm very confident that Lambert will spend the money well and build a promotion quality squad

Given we did not make any scoring opportunities having Rhodes would not have made any difference.

The only half chance was fluffed by the dreadful Ward.

Feeding high balls to Jackson was a joke. He is only about 5ft tall and would not be able to see over a public house bar.

You just cant leave me alone can you abbey.

I am Blackburn Rovers fan through the good and bad times. That will NEVER change at any time!!!

On Rhodes, let's not FORGET that he wanted out in the summer and want public with his desired to join Boro. Some fans have forgetten!

Plus Lambert's comments in the public are that Rhodes wanted out for the last 18 months.

At times I wonder whether keep Rhodes at Rovers means more to some fans than us getting promote and backing an experience proven manager in Lambert and his judgement.

Ha and all that writing and still you ignore your lies about goals .

The problem yesterday wasn't in any way connected to Rhodes having gone IMO Abbey. Hull were just too good for us all over the park. Rhodes would have made no difference to that. We aren't good enough as a team. That's what needs addressing and at the moment it isn't being addressed well enough.

Yes I would .

You need goals to win games and Rhodes provides that .

Rhodes v current strikers ?

Daft question. Rhodes isn't worth £9m (or £8m for that matter).

But we got shut of our main only goalscorer. Only people who don't want to acknowledge that are a small section of Rovers fans: the ones who said he was a one-trick-pony while was banging the goals in and who are now saying 'he's gone, get over it'.

Archived