BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Hull

den

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Rovers played ok in an even first half.

second half, we made 2 mistakes and Hull punished us.

Hull are the best side Ive seen all season and have pretty much their PL side from last season barring a couple of players and very experience side.

I thought Marshall was our best player with Evans second best.

I thought we missed Hanley and Graham today. Hanley for his leadership and is our best CB. Graham for his quality of holding the ball up and experience.

I thought Gomez in the first half got in some good positions and showed some good touches.

I was disappointed in Tony Watt but I'm sure he will play better on Tuesday.

I'm not one to judge a player too quickly and I don't throw statements around easily.

However, after 25 appearances in the blue and white halves, I can honestly say this.

In my opinion Chris Brown is the worst footballer I have seen since play for us since I started watching rovers around 88.

First half Rovers held there own, but defensive mistakes cost us again. With few goals coming from the forwards then defensive mistakes will cost us. In this formation then losing Graham was critical.

Duffy being captain baffled me. Surely this means that when all are fit then Hanley and Duffy will still be first choice.

Hull are the best side Ive seen all season and have pretty much their PL side from last season barring a couple of players and very experience side.

I thought we missed Hanley and Graham today. Hanley for his leadership and is our best CB. Graham for his quality of holding the ball up and experience.

I thought Gomez in the first half got in some good positions and showed some good touches.

Did you go to the same game as me... We were gash all game how hull didn't win with 5 or 6 I'll never know

I'm not one to judge a player too quickly and I don't throw statements around easily.

However, after 25 appearances in the blue and white halves, I can honestly say this.

In my opinion Chris Brown is the worst footballer I have seen since play for us since I started watching rovers around 88.

You lost me at footballer.

What I can't understand is why the managers keep picking him. Roll on another ban.

Did you go to the same game as me... We were gash all game how hull didn't win with 5 or 6 I'll never know

I thought we were quite awful, Thoroughly disheartening!

Yes, I do accept that PL's game plan might have gone west after the late withdrawals, but so much of our possession was pointless.We must be so easy to play against and the Hull radio's "more Annie than Jack Walker" comment really rankles ...because it is true

Anyway, here is my public confession: I am ashamed to say I left early for the first time ever..I was on Bolton Road at 16.28

Valentine's Day ..m...a...!.

Ah well, so predictable, reality kicks in after Oxford. Watt anonymous and disappointing. Ward looked calm at times but made 2 bad mistakes when it mattered and a weak shot when he could have scored. Tommy –well. Gomez some nice touches in the pocket but faded and perhaps ultimately lightweight. Jackson ineffectual. Bennet added nothing when he came on. Couldn’t possibly see where a goal was coming from unless a corner or set piece. And then we brought on –drum roll –ah, poor lad, Brown. Even Marshall, who looked sharp first half got dispirited and started to make mistakes second half. Duffy –how many times can he misplace a punt forward. Oh and long ball still alive and well only now we punt it forward to that giant Jackson! To be positive, we did try to play it short early doors and utilise Gomez but never really got anywhere.

Survival crucial.

This is all spot on in my opinion. I enjoyed the first half and thought we played well. They came out very strongly after the break, with Bruce clearly the winner in the half time managerial team talk. They ripped us apart at times in the 2nd half and showed some real class.

Spurr should have come off with his injury but was clearly desperate to cement his place in the team and, in my opinion, played down the extent of his injury to stay on the field.

I was very disappointed with Tony Watt, a player I have high hopes for. I thought he was shockingly bad. We missed Hanley badly. I thought we looked flimsy all afternoon at the back without him. Jackson was ineffective with long balls whizzing past his head and Duffy really should sort his passing out.

Not read anything or posted ..this is my last post for a while again but that was utter @#/? !! Pathetic forward line .. Gotta love post Rhodes .. Venkys out !!!! Today was rock bottom and we are 100% going down! If the lethargic overpaid @#/? don't get there pathetic thumbs from out there arse ...

Right back on the beer in hull

Oh and Brown .. Worst professional footballer in the world ?

Again terrible, I have no faith in Lambert, no wins in 9 and I know im not the only one. Football is turgid and ineffective.

Tommy Spurr is a pathetic excuse for a left back. Our right back should be on the wing.

Why take Watt off and leave on the useless Simeon Jackson to form half of the worst strikeforce in my lifetime of supporting the club with Chris Brown?

Anyone who thinks we are better off without Rhodes is a fool.

We are short of a single leader, never mind a team of them.

I didn't notice anyone marshalling, encouraging, or inspiring the team. Hanley will help address this but we are weak in this vital department.

Gomez was allowed to drift out of the game when the going got tough, and Watt was full of mainly unsuccsessful tricks 40 yards from goal.

There was a lot of pressure on Watt and Gomez following Graham's no show, and both tailed off weakly after 30 minutes.

It looks like PL relies on effort and commitment rather than tactical manouvering and mid-game adaptability. This could cost us if he and Irvine don't locate a plan B from somewhere, and soon.

When was the last acceptable performance at Ewood? Burnley?

Lambert seems to be pinning his(our!) season on the assumption that Graham, Hanley, Watt and Gomez will play more or less every game and the team will gel by the end of Feb.

As a few of us tried to say in January, this is a big risk and we are gambling with our already less than bright, medium term future.

Graham and Watt have been signed to score the 12 to 15 goals we have lost with Jordan. A big ask....

I think that we will stumble over the survival line like a Brown/Goodwillie/Grabbi hybrid tripping over their bootlaces, wondering which way the penalty area is, whilst the ball ricochets off their ass into an empty net. Unconvincing and embarrassing but living to fight another season.

I'm just waiting to see the 1st decent home performance of the Lambert/Irvine era.

Not much to ask, 3 or 4 months in.....

Thought we played well first half and matched them.

Second half we where undone as they targeted Spurr who is just not good enough. Desperately hoping PL is looking at loaning a first choice left back.

Then Brown came on, which only confirmed we still need more strikers. Watt didn't do much, Jackson tried but didn't have any chances. Without Graham, we are left with Brown who is frankly a complete embarrassment to this football club. A total donkey, how he accepts the money paid into his bank every month is beyond me.

We desperately need a leader, anywhere on the pitch. The Hull right back (who was very good) left one on Spurr in the first half - a few years ago we would have had a Bellamy, Savage, Mokoena, Neill, Todd who would have gone out of their way to smash him one back to look after their team mate and walk away with a yellow card. We got bullied today.

Thought we played well first half and matched them.

Second half we where undone as they targeted Spurr who is just not good enough. Desperately hoping PL is looking at loaning a first choice left back.

Then Brown came on, which only confirmed we still need more strikers. Watt didn't do much, Jackson tried but didn't have any chances. Without Graham, we are left with Brown who is frankly a complete embarrassment to this football club. A total donkey, how he accepts the money paid into his bank every month is beyond me.

We desperately need a leader, anywhere on the pitch. The Hull right back (who was very good) left one on Spurr in the first half - a few years ago we would have had a Bellamy, Savage, Mokoena, Neill, Todd who would have gone out of their way to smash him one back to look after their team mate and walk away with a yellow card. We got bullied today.

We started a lad up front who couldn't get in the Barnsley side, Then replaced him with a bloke who hasn't scored in almost 2 years. It was never going to end well. Only Marshall and probably Steele could take any credit from today.

Looked a poor attendance again, didn't hear it announced.

Really hoped we would get a few more, well done to those of us who braved the chilly day.

Darwen End looks emptier every week. :(

Just the usual turnout really although agree on the Darwen end being even more sparse than usual and quiet. A good few normal regulars near me missing again. I wondered if the Rhodes sale would have a knock on effect on the gate but the new signings seem to have balance it out a bit. Tuesday will be an awful gate especially with only about 200 away fans.

Thought Hulls following was a bit crap considering they're top and the size of the place. Also very quiet, I think they felt embarrassed for us!

Just the usual turnout really although agree on the Darwen end being even more sparse than usual and quiet. A good few normal regulars near me missing again. I wondered if the Rhodes sale would have a knock on effect on the gate but the new signings seem to have balance it out a bit. Tuesday will be an awful gate especially with only about 200 away fans.

Thought Hulls following was a bit @#/? considering they're top and the size of the place. Also very quiet, I think they felt embarrassed for us!

To be fair there's not much to tempt the occasional fan down to Ewood at the moment. Rhodes was individually the last player worth watching Imo.

Gomez may or may not become a bit of a crowd pleaser but is only on loan and it is difficult to build up the same level of attachment to someone who isn't your player Imo.

To be fair there's not much to tempt the occasional fan down to Ewood at the moment. Rhodes was individually the last player worth watching Imo.

Gomez may or may not become a bit of a crowd pleaser but is only on loan and it is difficult to build up the same level of attachment to someone who isn't your player Imo.

Your first sentence is almost the very words a friend of mine when I asked if he was going on today. He followed it up with I'm just not paying £27 to watch that lot, let me know when there is a cheap ticket game. He isn't skint either and can't attend every week but he's had enough.

I've been critical of people not turning up but you're right there is just nothing to attract casual supporters aside from a big cup game. Whilst it wasn't exactly a shambles today, apart from those goals, it was a complete non event. No urgency and too casual right from the off. Flat crowd yes but we know we are going nowhere so it's just routine to turn up and it really is up to them now to give us something to get behind and believe in every matchday. They know they're going nowhere as well though this season and they don't give a toss IMO.

Archived