BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2016/17

• Backroom

We aren't in what anybody would describe as a 'normal' situation, so applying the tired cliche of "sticking with the club through thick and thin" doesn't mean a great deal.

You can only disrespect your fanbase for so long before people get sick of being treated like mugs. Of course some will take that punishment until the bitter end out of loyalty, a belief that it's necessary, or whatever else... but many more won't be able to stomach paying to be treated in that way.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We aren't in what anybody would describe as a 'normal' situation, so applying the tired cliche of "sticking with the club through thick and thin" doesn't mean a great deal.

You can only disrespect your fanbase for so long before people get sick of being treated like mugs. Of course some will take that punishment until the bitter end out of loyalty, a belief that it's necessary, or whatever else... but many more won't be able to stomach paying to be treated in that way.

. Yes respect everyone's views,but saying I want to know what manager comes in,then I will decide on a season ticket,doesn't go down well with me,getting a manager is partly skilful and also a large slice of luck,sometimes it comes off,sometimes it doesn't.

Im not saying tjat. Im saying ive had enough and im not buying a ST even if we appoint one of the worlds best. However, were i planning to renew it wojldnt be before deadline day cos why would you and then the appt theyd made might sway me.

• Backroom

. Yes respect everyone's views,but saying I want to know what manager comes in,then I will decide on a season ticket,doesn't go down well with me,getting a manager is partly skilful and also a large slice of luck,sometimes it comes off,sometimes it doesn't.

In a normal situation, I would agree. There are exceptions with the likes of Steve Kean, but by and large the choice of manager shouldn't affect whether you get a season ticket.

However, the choice of manager will be a solid indication of where Venky's want to take us, and it's really the only type of communication we'll get from them. I assume the message sent by hiring said manager will be what keeps people from buying a ST, rather than the manager himself. If we had people with the club's best interest at heart making the decision, then of course you get behind that even if you have misgivings, but that is certainly not the case here.

. So you only buy a season ticket if you like the manager,what a strange fan you are,like a lot more on this forum,did you get one when we got Ince,Kidd two bad managers but all in hindsight,back the team whoever comes in...

Yes great philosophy superfan, because backing the team regardless has done wonders so far hasn't it?

I don't have a latest decision. I have said for ages I'm not buying one. If venkys had done a deal with seneca I might have reconsidered. Nothing other than Venkys leaving or working with proper board and management structure would have changed my mind. The affair over the bbe end upper is just a sideshow that means Im not even vaguely tempted any more, not even in those moments when you might waver. Clear enough

Yes great philosophy superfan, because backing the team regardless has done wonders so far hasn't it?

. Well p-ss off and don't go and watch,don't get sarky with me mate,if I want to watch my team regardless of owners/manager/players I will,like most on hear part timers always moaning,like I've said,you go through the good times and the bad times,I hate the Venkys with a vengeance,what they have done to our club,but you keep on supporting regardless,look at Man City went down to third tier,but supporters stayed with them,turned full circle,same with Rovers,crap in 70s up and down,same 80s,but still watched them hoping for a miracle,it arrived with Jack Walker,what a ride,now back to where we were,still hoping for another miracle,but still supporting,not super fan or Rovers Fan just a supporter...

. Well p-ss off and don't go and watch,don't get sarky with me mate,if I want to watch my team regardless of owners/manager/players I will,like most on hear part timers always moaning,like I've said,you go through the good times and the bad times,I hate the Venkys with a vengeance,what they have done to our club,but you keep on supporting regardless,look at Man City went down to third tier,but supporters stayed with them,turned full circle,same with Rovers,crap in 70s up and down,same 80s,but still watched them hoping for a miracle,it arrived with Jack Walker,what a ride,now back to where we were,still hoping for another miracle,but still supporting,not super fan or Rovers Fan just a supporter...

I believe the only way the fans can take action against Venkys is a mass boycott of season tickets. They will listen then! Isn't there an argument therefore that renewing season ticket is counter productive?

I believe the only way the fans can take action against Venkys is a mass boycott of season tickets. They will listen then! Isn't there an argument therefore that renewing season ticket is counter productive?

It's never going to happen. It will never sink in with some people. Venky's will be here forever.

,you go through the good times and the bad times,I hate the Venkys with a vengeance,what they have done to our club,but you keep on supporting regardless,look at Man City went down to third tier,but supporters stayed with them,turned full circle,same with Rovers,crap in 70s up and down,same 80s,but still watched them hoping for a miracle,it arrived with Jack Walker,what a ride,now back to where we were,still hoping for another miracle,but still supporting,not super fan or Rovers Fan just a supporter...

Completely agree unsall. When I first started watching the Rovers we had the likes of Ronnie, Dougie, the colossus that was Matt Woods and so many more before we fell into a steep decline that saw us arrive at the bottom of Division Three. There were so many ups and downs until Jack arrived and somehow the tough times seemed to make the success under Jack all the more enjoyable. Sadly, because of the stupidity of the owners we have thrown that away. We can't change that - it's history. The immediate future looks bleak indeed but there will still be a hardcore of support, be it 3,000 or 5,000. As you say, not super fans or Rovers Fans - whatever they are - just supporters of a football club that remains an important part in the lives of so many people.

Completely agree unsall. When I first started watching the Rovers we had the likes of Ronnie, Dougie, the colossus that was Matt Woods and so many more before we fell into a steep decline that saw us arrive at the bottom of Division Three. There were so many ups and downs until Jack arrived and somehow the tough times seemed to make the success under Jack all the more enjoyable. Sadly, because of the stupidity of the owners we have thrown that away. We can't change that - it's history. The immediate future looks bleak indeed but there will still be a hardcore of support, be it 3,000 or 5,000. As you say, not super fans or Rovers Fans - whatever they are - just supporters of a football club that remains an important part in the lives of so many people.

. Yep but too many on here complete opposite,just hope Venkys see sense one day and sort it out,if that's selling or getting people on board who know about football,we can only hope,but I'm always glass half full,life and football has always gone in circles,live in hope⚽️

it aint rovers no more only in name ..its VENKYS FC

its not rovers as we know it..boycott is the way i feel will drive them out and i cant support venky fc...you may be able to but i cant .

Very admirable and I mean that Parson, but their comes a time when you have to stand up for what you believe in and not blindly follow the status quo.

If Venkys turned fans seats the opposite way to the pitch and doubled the prices some would still go :wacko:

Its not the rovers we've known, it's not the rovers the town deserves but it's still Blackburn Rovers. I'm not convinced that boycotting does anything but give them more reason to bring costs down. Maybe an entire walk out would but we've discussed the un feasibility of that to death.

Everybody has their own opinion to make, I'll be renewing on pay day again. Ummed and ahhed all season again and I probably will next year. The way I seem to always see it is if they stop me from going, it's me that's losing the connection to something that's one of the few constants in my entire life.

Can't stop relatives passing on, can try harder to see old friends but as long as I can still go to watch football I intend to do so! Nowhere else would feel like home.

It screams of, "What is the worst and most disruptive thing we could possibly do to these idiots who have remained loyal to the team?"

It must have come from the top because it lacks common sense and understanding of the fan base.

Yes it gets worse and worse. Maximum numbers alienated seems to be the only criteria in this.

Btw I'm not against th gantry moving, would rather have our better stands on show. But given we never did it when we were a well run club I have massive reservations over feasibility, practicality and use of resources. Worst of all as someone else mentioned probably all these seat changes is part of this pr exercise which should make the whole thing a no go.

Does anyone know when the ST packs are being sent out?

I was thinking of a ceremonial burning of said packs outside Ewood and inviting the LT along.

They've been on sale two weeks now so it makes you wonder if they're going to bother

• Backroom

Does anyone know when the ST packs are being sent out?

I was thinking of a ceremonial burning of said packs outside Ewood and inviting the LT along.

Think they should be sent out around December, ahead of the half season ticket offering which will be sent out in April.

Very admirable and I mean that Parson, but their comes a time when you have to stand up for what you believe in and not blindly follow the status quo.

If Venkys turned fans seats the opposite way to the pitch and doubled the prices some would still go :wacko:

This is an argument that keeps cropping up and its the most divisive thing Venkys have done, to pit Rovers fans against each other.

The reality is we need supports in both camps. Those willing to watch through thick and thin AND those willing to sacrifice their football enjoyment in order to send a message of discontent. But we shouldn't be in fighting and arguing the toss about which way is better, we should be able to find the middle ground for the common good,

I went into the roverstore at ewood this morning just to pick up a kids rovers shirt(only a tenner and no logo) for my little niece, i was only in there 10mins and saw 2 people buy/renew their st, so they are selling steadily.

Not sure why that relitevely little shop had at least 6(that i could see) workers in there though, thats about the same amount of workers as the aldi across the road(and they're always busy as hell)

Propaganda continues about Season Tickets "selling well". To quote % growth on this time last year is completely misleading given the closure of part of the Blackburn End and the time pressure on people to buy a ticket in the Jack Walker stand. The Club continues to insult the intelligence of its customers i.e. the fans. They are so arrogant

Archived