BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2016/17

Yes - I couldn't remember the number of half ST's sold. You are probably not far out with 10,500 in total.

But I thought I would go with the initial sales figure anyway to compare how we think we would do sales wise compared to the start of last season.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It also shows that the views of some on here - i.e. that they won't attend because they are being asked to move - isn't held by all.

Damn those Rovers Fans - lol

Don't wouuuurrrrrrry bout a ting

Evereyyyy little tinnnng gonnnnna be awwweright

Don't wooory

There was just over 10,000 ST holders at the start of last season (down by around 700-800).

The people who have been very vocal about not renewing on various Rovers pages seems to have died down & I have always been of the opinion that most in the 'maybe' bracket will end up renewing.

So what can we expect sales wise this time around? I'll go for another reduction, but possibly not by as many as first thought. I think we will hit the 9k mark.

In previous years I would generally agree with you but this has a different feel to it. Out of four family members (who are long standing season ticket holders) I only expect two to renew. I honestly think this 50% reduction will typify the general reduction we will see. And for my brother's the straw that broke the camels back was Lambert leaving in the circumstances he did.

If you decide to fund the coffers of Venkys and give them a seal of approval with a ticket - unless you spend every game protesting as loud as you possibly can - you have absolutely no right to complain about anything on and off the field. Its like complaining that McDonalds is unhealthy and eating there 3 times a day.

It also shows that the views of some on here - i.e. that they won't attend because they are being asked to move - isn't held by all.

Damn those Rovers Fans - lol

My mum is one. Came down on Thursday whinging and saying that she's going to pack in going now. Friday morning, 10 am - got a text to say they have chosen seats!

We'll sell around 7k in reality but the club will dress it up to 9 or 10k. The state of the ground on the first day of the season won't lie if it's a bog standard fixture.

I don't trust this lot in charge to tell the truth either..not one iota!

Smoke and Mirrors.

We'll sell around 7k in reality but the club will dress it up to 9 or 10k. The state of the ground on the first day of the season won't lie if it's a bog standard fixture.

The Most Haunted Halloween special this year is from Ewood, due to the high number of reported phantoms

Looking at all this dispassionately the love for the Club will keep people buying their Season-Tickets and we ought not to knock this.

Many on this site get pleasure out of cynical subversion and god bless 'em for the entertainment(how I miss Thenodrog)

But I would wager anyone for example that number of tickets in the new JW Family Stand actually go up,after this move, rather than plummet. The naysayers on here like to whinge,but many of them do not have STs anyway. It is actually a great move,bringing the young fans closer to the Players.

Look forward to a time when we re-gain control of OUR Club. Fans make Football.

"First day sales are up 50% on last season..."

What a feckin pointless statistic that is. They are totally deluded, trying to spin everything.

They must think we are brain dead. Well let's see how many empty seats there are, on the first day of the season and spin that.

The Fans Forum has had its day. A relic of a bygone era. An irrelevant quango

Agreed.

I think they should all resign en masse and deprive the club of the oxygen to spin its banalities.

"Blackburn Rovers have reported opening day season ticket sales were more than double than what they were last year."

"And almost 50 per cent of opening day season ticket sales came in the new Family Stand."

Disraeli said "there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics"!

Possible hypothesis:

• Say Rovers sold 100 season tickets on opening day of sale last year
  • So to report that they've sold more than double on what they were on the same day last year, only 201 season tickets would need to have been sold yesterday
  • Out of our hypothetical 201 season tickets sold, almost 50% are for the new family stand (so say 95 <47%>) and these no doubt are folk rightly wanting to grab the best available seats
  • So excluding Family Stand, we would have 106 sales versus 100 (or less) last year

Relatively low numbers offer a glorious opportunity for the spin merchants.

Come on Rovers, be ballsy and give us the absolute numbers and let the fans decide whether this is 'earth shattering news' sufficient to prompt local rag headlines.

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Been reading comments daily for awhile now though. I did not get a ST last year I had sat in Blackburn end for previous 10 years. I only actually attended 4 home games all season.this season. ive taken up the great offer for jw lower(right on half way.) its always been to expensive in this location. I previously sat here when I qualified for young adult prices. I think the plan here is to get back some of the lost jw stand season ticket holders. We lost more fans from jw stand than any other area of the ground.maybe trying to entice people back ?

Ok - look back at my posts - I have already said that I would move from the Riverside if it was for the financial good of the club. I used to sit in the DE - and accepted being moved 3 or 4 times a season because I accepted the rationale.

I am not dismissive of other people's feelings - but think this is a good idea given our circumstances. You can never keep everybody happy - but at some point things have to change - though I would agree there should have been more consultation.

Though stats can be presented to meet personal agenda's - I did notice a couple of things in the LET ;-

"Blackburn Rovers have reported opening day season ticket sales were more than double than what they were last year."

"And almost 50 per cent of opening day season ticket sales came in the new Family Stand."

I think an important thing people have conveniently ignored when it comes to attracting families to Ewood - Junior ticket prices were either frozen or reduced.

So it seems you've no affinity with a certain stand, therefore you don't understand.

The benefit to Rovers is miniscule compared to the upset of the club's supporters.

The whole thing is unnecessary.

Disraeli said "there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics"!

Possible hypothesis:

• Say Rovers sold 100 season tickets on opening day of sale last year
  • So to report that they've sold more than double on what they were on the same day last year, only 201 season tickets would need to have been sold yesterday
  • Out of our hypothetical 201 season tickets sold, almost 50% are for the new family stand (so say 95 <47%>) and these no doubt are folk rightly wanting to grab the best available seats
  • So excluding Family Stand, we would have 106 sales versus 100 (or less) last year
Relatively low numbers offer a glorious opportunity for the spin merchants.

Come on Rovers, be ballsy and give us the absolute numbers and let the fans decide whether this is 'earth shattering news' sufficient to prompt local rag headlines.

Add to that the fans being moved from one side of the JWL to the other. They will want to get the best pick of seats in their new section too.

So taking into account fans from 2 area's are being relocated I am not surprised sales on Day 1 are up compared to last year.

The truth of this is because people are desperate to scramble for an acceptable view, rather than relax and renew the seat they've had for 20+ years, in their own time.

I think there's truth in this and I for one am going to be mightly p1ssed off if I either don't retain my seats, my lad is disabled and we've been asked to contact the club, or we are given seats with the exactly the same access, location and view in the DE side.

While I've every sympathy with the FS people I see absolutely no reason whatever why I should give up my seats to accommodate them.

Since you're there with your son, you shouldn't be.Even if he is over the age to qualify for the FS surely his circumstances should dictate that you should be able to retain your seats but this is the new improved Rovers we are talking about- the one where they don't even carry out a cosmetic consultation exercise to make it look like they care but offer everything on a take it or leave it basis.

Obviously I agree with you gumboots. Tom is ambulant but has a walking difficulty. We need a good central view, limited steps and an aisle (end of row) seat. He refuses to stand to let people by but will swing his legs out!!!!!!!!!

We have all of this at present.

On the downside the man behind me gives a 90 minute running commentary on the game and he's always wrong!!!!!!!!

I know of three other disabled fans who sit in the same block. One directly in front of us, one four rows down and another three rows back. Plus the man next to me is so old and frail he only just gets up the steps!!!!!

It's a hotbed of passion in our block.!

Can't believe anyone has bought a season ticket before the new manager is announced.

Don't think we'll sell many when he is announced.

. So you only buy a season ticket if you like the manager,what a strange fan you are,like a lot more on this forum,did you get one when we got Ince,Kidd two bad managers but all in hindsight,back the team whoever comes in...

. So you only buy a season ticket if you like the manager,what a strange fan you are,like a lot more on this forum,did you get one when we got Ince,Kidd two bad managers but all in hindsight,back the team whoever comes in...

No he /she isn't - you don't have to buy a S/T to back the team

They are stating for what has gone on - regardless of how loyal/passionate you are to the club - how can you buy a season ticket yet given the madness that is going on?

no you get a season ticket early if you want to watch your team play week in week out in the same seats and can't wait for the season to start. Otherwise you keep your money in your bank account and wait to get much closer to claim your own seat day. You still get the same seat. I've watched managers I can't stand like Allardyce. I had a season ticket when Ince was here. I even had one when Kean wasn't sacked immediately. However I wouldn't put my hand in my pocket and buy one now as I'd want to know whether I was going to see anything worth watching next year. There is only so much pain and misery you can take

no you get a season ticket early if you want to watch your team play week in week out in the same seats and can't wait for the season to start. Otherwise you keep your money in your bank account and wait to get much closer to claim your own seat day. You still get the same seat. I've watched managers I can't stand like Allardyce. I had a season ticket when Ince was here. I even had one when Kean wasn't sacked immediately. However I wouldn't put my hand in my pocket and buy one now as I'd want to know whether I was going to see anything worth watching next year. There is only so much pain and misery you can take

. So how do you know how they will play,when Lambert came he said he was going to change to fast flowing football,didn't see it,I know everyone is different but I support Rovers thick/thin,fough/smooth not just when things are going great..

Archived