BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers 2016 Links

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanley out, Marshall out, money out.

Nobody worthwhile in and certainly no cash buys in.

That will conclude our summer transfer business as it stands.

I think we can add Lenihan to that out list too.

If we get 5m more than happy with that.

I wouldn't mind Killa getting a new contract and Spurr. I like Ward as well. Marshall needs a new contract asap.

Snap up Graham please and we will already be on the start of having a decent squad. On a side note plenty of very very good players out of contract this summer definitely worth a look at!

Any lower league player of any quality will require a fee and will plump for the club offering the best wages. Somehow, after reading Cheston's interview, I don't see us competing with other clubs for players. We will be looking at free transfer players in late July who haven't been picked up by other clubs - Delfouneso and Guthrie being prime examples. It will be a case of hoping the new manager can get those sort of players to work well enough to keep us out of the bottom three.

The timing of our business will be as important if not more than the amount of money we have to play with. Unless there is suddenly a war chest of several million pounds (highly unlikely, but not impossible given Venkys record for suddenly releasing funds at the last minute) then it becomes imperative that we have a coherent strategy of how to approach the transfer window to put what little money we will have to maximum use

Lets remember we won't be shopping for 3-4 additions to strengthen our existing squad. We need a root and branch overhaul of every aspect of the playing squad, and that's assuming none of our assets seek to leave in the meantime.

As it stands there is no manager, no director of football who would usually cover this area, as far as I can see nobody at the club lining up players.

Clubs like Reading have already announced their ambitions for next season and will get to work on identifying the best of the affordable players whilst working to a limited budget.

We appear to think we have all the time in the world and as a result will probably see the best players snapped up long before we even get round to appointing a manager. Danny Graham is one example. Highly likely to depart because the club is in limbo.

Looks very much like Grant Hanley is off to Rangers.

How will Rangers afford him?

I wouldn't mind Killa getting a new contract and Spurr. I like Ward as well. Marshall needs a new contract asap.

Snap up Graham please and we will already be on the start of having a decent squad. On a side note plenty of very very good players out of contract this summer definitely worth a look at!

And meanwhile in the land of the venkys

Losing Hanley would be a huge blow to us, really hope he doesn't go.

Well Grant Hanley on HIS twitter said and i quote, good win last game of season, hope WE can put in a promotion push next season, Also Rangers wont have 25 -30k a week to pay him,

Hanley is more likely to end up at somewhere like Sunderland, West Brom, Norwich or Palace. A bottom third Premier League club.

I don't believe Rangers would be able to afford him and I'd be surprised if someone at the peak of their career would want to go and play in a lower standard league than Rovers are currently in.

Well Grant Hanley on HIS twitter said and i quote, good win last game of season, hope WE can put in a promotion push next season

That account has 127 followers! Definitely a fake.

Well Grant Hanley on HIS twitter said and i quote, good win last game of season, hope WE can put in a promotion push next season, Also Rangers wont have 25 -30k a week to pay him,

I don't think Hanley does Twitter. He was asked directly after the game on Saturday about it and said "We'll see", plus there have been strong rumours in Glasgow for a while that he was on their radar. The offer of club captaincy at Ibrox and all the hullabaloo about regular old firm games next season might see him prepared to drop any wage demands slightly. I think a few of you are being a bit quick to write off this link. He's a bluenose through and through.

We will not get 5 million, we will only get one player less in the squad to watch (or not) on a weekend. One of the best players also this season.

Don't be happy selling the best players at the club.

I don't care what Rhodes was on, a club of our size cannot afford to pay any one player £30k a week and stay within FFP guidelines.

Fulham seem to be managing it alright. How much is McCormack on again?

Who's putting about he's on 30k pwk ??? If he was he'd have been long sold, sounds like mischief making maybe put out by someone from within looking to justify selling him.

When that wages thing was knocking about a while back he was said to be on 15k which is still a good whack for a Championship defender. No idea how the bonuses stack up but I'm not having it he's been on 30k pwk. Dann was sacrificed because of that.

We struggled to get players when we could 'only' pay them £10k a week. I've read in a few places that Rangers would have to match his £28k a week wages. I rounded it to £30k.

I would imagine that's about right as he's the club captain and was a prem player for us.

Archived