BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

The point is Hasta, how difficult is it to follow Mr Flemings advice?

The point is the messageboard is being spammed by a wind up merchant and a liar. It's like back in the days of the Nickoteens. It's just now we have a NickoMan doing it.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see us being able to afford his wages myself chaddy, he'd need to drop 50% and a bit more i'd imagine to get him on board, don't see that happening.

I seen him linked with us, Birmingham, Preston and Celtic

Last season Birmingham manager Gary Rowett said he couldn't even afford 10k a week salary to any player

Preston have 5 strikers already on their books. doubt they could afford more 15k a week salary

We could afford 20k a week plus bonus.

What could Celtic offer realistically? not in the group stages of the champions league, non competitive SPL, wages would could afford 15k a week probably

OCM should be addressing the striker issue rather than signing another winger

supposedly meeting strikers and the agent this coming week?

People keep saying this Gav but i think its Graham who has to start being realistic about what wages he can get. Although he did well for us this is still a player who only scored ONE goal for Sunderland at the top level of English football and is in his 30's. If clubs were willing to offer him silly money then i'm sure they would have done by now.

If he enjoyed it here and played good football then he should just compromise with the club and get it done. He could go somewhere else, not play and be looking for another club in 6 months time. Here, he is a valued member of the team and is playing well.

I agree with you Neal, but we all know its only a short career, you've got to earn it while you can :wacko:

If Rangers or Celtic come in for him we've no chance, if he gets realistic on wages then maybe he'll end up here, but I can't see why he'd drop thousands in wages for a side going one way only, downwards.

The point is the messageboard is being spammed by a wind up merchant and a liar. It's like back in the days of the Nickoteens. It's just now we have a NickoMan doing it.

The only spam I can see is people taking the same battles cross threads, calling other posters liars or just basic personal abuse. What your opinion of chaddy has to do with this thread is beyond my understanding. If it winds you up, take a leaf out of a few others books and press ignore. You might end up like a few are going, 95% of the board on ignore (yet others are the problem...)!!

We all have an opinion on what's right or wrong but these posts (including mine) are just perpetuating the problem.

For instance I absolutely hate it when posters use "Rovers Fans", "apologists", "deserters", "trembles" etc because it's just a way of separating posters and driving a wedge between fans. Can you imagine how frustrating it would be if I followed every post which included such term with the same "this isn't welcome, it's ruining the board, can we have a seperate topic"...

Just got to take a deep breath and move past it.

Danny Graham

I agree with you Neal, but we all know its only a short career, you've got to earn it while you can :wacko:

If Rangers or Celtic come in for him we've no chance, if he gets realistic on wages then maybe he'll end up here, but I can't see why he'd drop thousands in wages for a side going one way only, downwards.

I thought Rangers and Celtic were broke. It's easy to say we can afford £20k a week but we fans really don't know what we can afford. We don't have a clue what the budget is.

Probably Coyle will have to seek permission from the Roa's on each individual basis which is why it will take ages to get a team together.

The only spam I can see is people taking the same battles cross threads, calling other posters liars or just basic personal abuse. What your opinion of chaddy has to do with this thread is beyond my understanding. If it winds you up, take a leaf out of a few others books and press ignore. You might end up like a few are going, 95% of the board on ignore (yet others are the problem...)!!

We all have an opinion on what's right or wrong but these posts (including mine) are just perpetuating the problem.

For instance I absolutely hate it when posters use "Rovers Fans", "apologists", "deserters", "trembles" etc because it's just a way of separating posters and driving a wedge between fans. Can you imagine how frustrating it would be if I followed every post which included such term with the same "this isn't welcome, it's ruining the board, can we have a seperate topic"...

Just got to take a deep breath and move past it.

EDIT - Forget it. Life's too short.

I don't not want the transfer thread to be the EXCLUSIVE passing of messages from Nixon. I'm disappointed that you do.

I'd like a second opinion from a different mod please.

Is this the BRFCS we want?

I don't mind but I agree with Nixon stuff going in one thread seperate to real transfer news. We could give Nixons info thread the trash can icon.

I think we'll lose Duffy, Hanley or Marshall before the end of the season, we may even see 1 of them go before the season starts.

I read from several posters that they believed Venkys didn't want to 'waste money' by giving it to Lambert, we're about to find out if that was fact or bunkum, I suspect the later.

Fully expect Marshall to be gone before new.season starts.

I've already tried to cover this. Ironically in a bid to keep the transfer thread clean and stop descending into spats (and it's not just me who is frustrated by it - some well respected posters too).

Genuine transfer news and speculation in one thread - and Twittle-Twattle in another (including Nixon so as not to glorify him).

100% agree with this, chaddy take heed and follow this suggestion, along with everyone else. please.

Not everyone wants to live in Glasgow though. Although Blackburn is dire, the surrounding areas are nice and Manchester isn't far away.

Don't underestimate the whinging power of a WAG. ☺

I don't do personal abuse. However he did quite blatantly lie (continuously) until proven wrong. It's not an opinion.

Thanks Mani

Nixon is close to Coyle so will know who we are signing or looking at.

I think Alan Nixon says Fulham are interested in Marshall. I havent seen a tweet from him saying he's leaving but clubs are bound to be interest in him. Just like we are interest in players we want.

Transfer news/gossip should be in transfer thread. It isnt my fault if you dont like person it from. Nobody is forcing you to read the thread or posts.

Actually yes I want to read the transfer thread but I would like Nixon's speculation and twitter gossip seperate, it's a great idea. That way I CAN choose not to read it if it is lumped in with the transfer.thread thento not read it I have.to.avoid readi g all other transfer news so your typical "if you don't like it.don't read it" response dies not work for this case.

Chaddy, to you personally, I like your posts usually and enjoy your blue and white blood tinted specs views I really do, I don't want to get on the chaddy bashing bandwagon but on this particular issue I don't understand why you are digging your heels in and don't just simply go along with other board members wishes. It's not about who is right or wrong. It is about respecting.fellow posters wishes, it can't be hard to do. If you continue in the same vein as you are I will have to put you on ignore just to avoid the Nicko speculation and I really don't want to have to do that as I will miss other stuff you have to say. Please, just.go along with Stuart's suggestion.

Not just graham

Wes Brown set be released by Sunderland today he will join Harper, Steven Fletcher Danny Graham who have all been let go by the club.

Ex dingle or no I rate Fletcher as a player. Isn't there a Coyle connection?

• Backroom

Actually yes I want to read the transfer thread but I would like Nixon's speculation and twitter gossip seperate, it's a great idea. That way I CAN choose not to read it if it is lumped in with the transfer.thread thento not read it I have.to.avoid readi g all other transfer news so your typical "if you don't like it.don't read it" response dies not work for this case.

Chaddy, to you personally, I like your posts usually and enjoy your blue and white blood tinted specs views I really do, I don't want to get on the chaddy bashing bandwagon but on this particular issue I don't understand why you are digging your heels in and don't just simply go along with other board members wishes. It's not about who is right or wrong. It is about respecting.fellow posters wishes, it can't be hard to do. If you continue in the same vein as you are I will have to put you on ignore just to avoid the Nicko speculation and I really don't want to have to do that as I will miss other stuff you have to say. Please, just.go along with Stuart's suggestion.

Probably because we mods tried it and, within 3 hours, we had to hide 10 posts out of 12. It doesn't work, because the same mob continue to follow chaddy everywhere like a bad smell.

Instead, we recommend Bob Fleming's very sensible method of keep all gossip in one place. No matter who the gossip comes from, it is gossip. Nixon or not.

That's hopefully the end of the matter and all further posts will be transfer speculation and discussion. Anything else will be hidden.

I didn't mind having to sit through Chaddy views until he proved he was on the wind up by completely lying on what he said and then defending it by stating his BRFCC opinion doesn't have to be the same as his twitter opinion.

On one hand this morning he is bigging up Nixons relationship with Coyle, and then he is quoting Nixons positives on Feeney as a reason to sign him. He knows full well that Nixon never ever criticises Coyle and will make up any BS to defend him

Again, his opinion is the opposite of every one else on here. Probably because he is on the wind up but the proven liar knows he can now do this and have numerous members of the board leap to his defence. He's probably on twitter now sayin how poor the Feeney signing would be.

Chaddy just supports the people that are ruining our club and he exploits this.

Left alone on the front line against the Russian fans would be a very good place for him along with his mates right now.

Who's his agent do we have a name and agency ?

Agents, Coyle and Feeney are the only ones who will benefit.

We have no strikers and Coyle signs a winger who is worse than what we have.

Disgusting. Proof that Coyle is just another face - there to front the on-going fleecing of our club

OK, I've not kept up with this thread for a while - too much bother to sort the wheat from the Chaff !!

So.. Where has the Feeney link come from ?

If this turns out to be Coyle's first signing then both him and Venky's have obviously decided to make no effort to appease the fans - no surprise there. It's almost as if they are till trying to goad us into some sort of response or batter us into submission.

Who shall we make our first landmark signing ?

A player who has been at the club before and made no impression whatsoever

A player who is 30 who plays in a position that requires pace

A player who plays in one of the few positions that we don't need to strengthen

A player who plays in a position where we do actually have young players who could make the grade

A player who will make even the most optimistic Rovers fan groan with disappointment

Nothing against Feeney personally - I actually thought he had a decent game against us in the 1- 0 defeat last season - but come on Coyle just have a think about it! We need to do something to improve morale amongst the fans and in the club as a whole.

Or is it already a case of "Yes Mrs D. - He's within the price budget and no signing on fee. He'll do to get the numbers up"

I think it may be just that

I seen him linked with us, Birmingham, Preston and Celtic

Last season Birmingham manager Gary Rowett said he couldn't even afford 10k a week salary to any player

Preston have 5 strikers already on their books. doubt they could afford more 15k a week salary

We could afford 20k a week plus bonus.

What could Celtic offer realistically? not in the group stages of the champions league, non competitive SPL, wages would could afford 15k a week probably

supposedly meeting strikers and the agent this coming week?

How do you know this? Is this based on actual information, Football Manager or just complete guesswork?

I imagine Celtic could realistically offer a much better package than BRFC. We aren't in the Champions League, we have a p*sspoor squad and we most certainly won't be competitive in the Championship.

Not everyone wants to live in Glasgow though. Although Blackburn is dire, the surrounding areas are nice and Manchester isn't far away.

Don't underestimate the whinging power of a WAG. ☺

Agreed, but have you seen the countryside around Glasgow!

Champions league or Wednesday night in Burton?

OK, I've not kept up with this thread for a while - too much bother to sort the wheat from the Chaff !!

So.. Where has the Feeney link come from ?

If this turns out to be Coyle's first signing then both him and Venky's have obviously decided to make no effort to appease the fans - no surprise there. It's almost as if they are till trying to goad us into some sort of response or batter us into submission.

We need to do something to improve morale amongst the fans and in the club as a whole.

I think it may be just that

the Feeney link is from Alan Nixon.

Lets see who we sign first. some deals are easier than others are.

I agree we need something to improve the fans morale, signing Danny Graham would help that

How do you know this? Is this based on actual information, Football Manager or just complete guesswork?

I imagine Celtic could realistically offer a much better package than BRFC. We aren't in the Champions League, we have a p*sspoor squad and we most certainly won't be competitive in the Championship.

we were spending at the start of last season probably around 50k a week on strikers and during the season the personal might have change but I don't see the wages going down tbf.

last season Celtic had to sell a key player and use that money to bring players in. The total transfer income was 14 mil and spend 9 mil of that.

Agreed, but have you seen the countryside around Glasgow!

Champions league or Wednesday night in Burton?

Celtic will have to go through 2 qualify rounds first before they even get to the group stages, so no guarantee he will be playing champions league,

I see there is media reports that Steven Fletcher will hold talks with Celtic

Archived