BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stephen Hendrie

Al

Stephen Hendrie has been signed on a season loan from West Ham. Does anyone know much about him?

Is he purely a defensive left back or a wing back?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?90182-Stephen-Hendrie

Think I saw another poster say his mate wasn't too fond of him, though just for the sake of it, here's 3 Southend posters speaking well of him.

B..b..but in the other thread someone's mate said he wasn't good enough for League 1 and he was poor all season (after only playing 5 games)!?

I'm always concerned when a young player signs for a big club and effectively misses really impirtant parts of his development. This lad signed for West Ham a year ago and has played 5 senior games since which were for Southend. No idea what he's like but you can be sure he won't be as good as he was a year ago.

Good luck to him though.

Another Dummy?

What do you know about the player? Like is he an attacking full back? Does he have pace?

Hopefully he's good on the break, with a decent defensive game.

He played at Ewood last season for West Ham Under-21 but I can't say he stood out. At the end of the day he is our player for next season and you can't judge him until he has a few games under his belt so we can see how he does. Hopefully, he'll be an improvement on Spurr.

He played at Ewood last season for West Ham Under-21 but I can't say he stood out. At the end of the day he is our player for next season and you can't judge him until he has a few games under his belt so we can see how he does. Hopefully, he'll be an improvement on Spurr.

When was the last time that we brought in a player who was better than they one they replaced?

Apart from Rhodes, obviously. Den.

Archived