BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Once again I agree with everything you say in principle regarding the other players but I think Marshall is hugely overrated, a liability as opposed to an asset and if we can get a decent fee for him it would be a result.

In reality if he was any good he'd have been snapped up long before now and we'll probably only get a smallish fee for him because he has refused to sign a new deal and has been so poor so long.

Its one of those things that is difficult to pinpoint and there's no real right or wrong to it. I believe that he's ability-wise one of the few people we've got left on our books of any quality, potential or realised.

I see his imminent departure as just the latest in a long line of people who for a number of reasons have failed to live up to their potential at this club and over the last few years I've come to the conclusion the club is responsible for that.

I don't think the small fee we might get for him in January is worth letting him go at this point unless a new manager will be able to reinvest, as it creates another hole in the team that will need filling until the summer, which these owners clearly don't want to do.

And I don't believe for one minute that he has been offered a new deal and refused it. If he has rejected an offer it is either because it came 9 months too late or isn't worth the paper its written on. There's no way on earth they've offered him improved terms given the cutbacks we've seen in recent months.

I think its 'better the devil you know' time until the summer. I don't think we can afford to start letting first teamers depart mid-season in our position especially given the alternatives we've got to pick from. My hope is a new manager comes in and gets our underperforming players up to scratch before we're adrift.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall has been inconsistent with spells also of uninterested all his career but the thing with him is he does have ability. His replacement won't and will likely still suffer from inconsistency as most do at this level and give him 6 months at Rovers and we'll see similar disinterest probably.

It'll be ok though cause he'll be cheap unless the agents manage to pull another flanker.

Does is really matter? Footballers have agents. They are part and parcel of the game. Lads in Academies up and down the country are signed up with agents as they make their first tentative steps into the professional game. They are part and parcel of the modern game and most do a decent job of looking after the interests of their clients - which is what they are paid to do. Whilst we might not like them - and goodness knows we have more cause than most to dislike them - the fact remains that they have become an integral part of the game and all clubs and all managers have to deal with them.

exactly. Most footballers and sport players have agents now. Not saying its right but they are part of the game and most do a decent job.

We all now what certain agents did at Rovers in the past. has I said earlier this week/late last week but what does that have to do with Scott Hogan's attributes as a player as that what I was talking about before Jal asked who his agent is.

so Jal, why did you keep asking who is agent? clearly you know something but you don't post what you know. so has Tom has said surely its time you either put up or shut up

So basically because Coyle used a solicitor rather than an agent that's OK, but if Rowett turned up at Ewood with his agent he'd be shown the door? Agents are part and parcel of the game no matter what we might think of them.

exactly

If the clubs made players pay their own agents like show business agents they would be much less of a drain on football.

good way to stop club overpaying on agents fees

Put or shut up ???

Are you really going there chaddy ...

Did you do 1875 ? Put up or shut up

How do you know pasha attended the last two matches ? Put up or shut up

I think the answer is no and either full of @#/? , Nicko or you are venkplant

Also I see you answering exactly to something parson posted which was a reply to me so you either answer blindly to parson or you read my posts .

I'd think Marshall is utterly disillusioned by the club he's playing for. We will see his real capabilities if he signs for Wolves.

Rovers(Venkys) won't get much for him and what they do get will go towards paying recurrent expenditure.

A youth player or a freebie or a loan will take his place and off we go----to Div 1.

I'd think Marshall is utterly disillusioned by the club he's playing for. We will see his real capabilities if he signs for Wolves.

Rovers(Venkys) won't get much for him and what they do get will go towards paying recurrent expenditure.

A youth player or a freebie or a loan will take his place and off we go----to Div 1.

Expect Nyambe to be the right back come end of the season and hopefully Mahoney is playing on the right wing aswell.

I think Marshall has been disillusioned for 2 seasons here and he cant wait to leave

Expect Nyambe to be the right back come end of the season and hopefully Mahoney is playing on the right wing aswell.

I think Marshall has been disillusioned for 2 seasons here and he cant wait to leave

With respect I think that's exactly what the club wants people to believe. It would suit their sell everything that isn't nailed down agenda no end if the majority of the fanbase happily accepted player(s) aren't happy here/aren't committed to the club/want out/are unsettled and it suits them no end if people focus their anger/disappointment towards the player in question rather than the people responsible at a higher level for the environment we're all suffering in.

The real question at play is why are all these players wanting out/getting linked with rivals?

Marshall won't suffer because he'll have plenty of takers in the Championship at clubs with ambition who are prepared to pay him more than we are.

Venkys won't suffer because they get his wage off the books and a couple of hundred grand for him

Wolves or whoever won't suffer because they get a player with ability who under the right management will perform

Rovers will suffer because another Championship standard player departs just as I believe we need all the quality we can get as we stare into the abyss of League One.

Is it just 'one of those things', part and parcel of where we are etc. etc. or a deliberate strategy from above to offload everyone of value/quality and replace with much cheaper and thus inferior players?

I've nothing against promoting from within when the time is right but if we suffer the likely relegation this season next season will not be a time to start experimenting, not unless we're up for a prolonged stay in the lower divisions. I suspect you're right on this front though. Once Marshall has gone the expectation will be for Coyle to use Nyambe/Lowe/Henley there and there will be no funds or freedom to strengthen that area if he wishes to.

How much does Marshall's and Nyambe's agents stand to make for the benefit of the Ewoods faithful displeasurement.

With respect I think that's exactly what the club wants people to believe. It would suit their sell everything that isn't nailed down agenda no end if the majority of the fanbase happily accepted player(s) aren't happy here/aren't committed to the club/want out/are unsettled and it suits them no end if people focus their anger/disappointment towards the player in question rather than the people responsible at a higher level for the environment we're all suffering in.

The real question at play is why are all these players wanting out/getting linked with rivals?

Marshall won't suffer because he'll have plenty of takers in the Championship at clubs with ambition who are prepared to pay him more than we are.

Venkys won't suffer because they get his wage off the books and a couple of hundred grand for him

Wolves or whoever won't suffer because they get a player with ability who under the right management will perform

Rovers will suffer because another Championship standard player departs just as I believe we need all the quality we can get as we stare into the abyss of League One.

Is it just 'one of those things', part and parcel of where we are etc. etc. or a deliberate strategy from above to offload everyone of value/quality and replace with much cheaper and thus inferior players?

I've nothing against promoting from within when the time is right but if we suffer the likely relegation this season next season will not be a time to start experimenting, not unless we're up for a prolonged stay in the lower divisions. I suspect you're right on this front though. Once Marshall has gone the expectation will be for Coyle to use Nyambe/Lowe/Henley there and there will be no funds or freedom to strengthen that area if he wishes to.

Is chaddy the clubs messenger ?

How much does Marshall's and Nyambe's agents stand to make for the benefit of the Ewoods faithful displeasurement.

Is chaddy the clubs messenger ?

Why dont you tell us if you know?

I am passionate Rovers fan who is season ticket holder and attend some away games. And nothing more.

Nyambe, the same guy who looks utterly terrified and out of his depth? Needs loaning to League 2.

Nyambe, the same guy who looks utterly terrified and out of his depth? Needs loaning to League 2.

Definitely should have been loaned out this season to cut his teeth but so should Lowe & Henley in the early days as well as Raya last season. This situation has been created now at Ewood though where we have to sometimes throw them in and it's as if someone somewhere can't wait to get these guys a few games then get them on better contracts. If they go on loan for any length of time and flop then there is no chance of that.

A bit like a protected boxer who keeps getting fed stiffs so as to protect him for that one big money making shot at the title. If he steps up the challenge every fight and loses to a limited opponent his big shot is gone and he's been exposed.

End of the day this situation has been created and continues to be so and some have been saying for a while we'll end up with half a team of youth ready or not because we've no choice. Who benefits from this though and whose's trying to wangle it ? Have they met some opposition to it with the Wharton scenario and is the loggerheads still going on in the background between those owning it and those running it ?

After all we have a guy in the shadows with a foot in both camps.

The problem is defence.... Rovers do score goals and have two of the best ten strikers in the league in Graham and Gallagher.... but we do let in to many goals.

The priority is defence and midfeld if we want to stay up. A fit Tommie Hoban and Charlie Mulgrew this season would had been a difference in some games.

Also think Wes Brown is better than Greer but still not good enough at the moment. Leninhan doing to much mistakes.

Owen Coyle is good at getting strikers scoring goals but has big problems in sorting defences...

Also, anyone remember Josh Morris? 14 goals this season in midfeld for Scunthorpe in League one.....

The problem is defence.... Rovers do score goals and have two of the best ten strikers in the league in Graham and Gallagher.... but we do let in to many goals.

The priority is defence and midfeld if we want to stay up. A fit Tommie Hoban and Charlie Mulgrew this season would had been a difference in some games.

Also think Wes Brown is better than Greer but still not good enough at the moment. Leninhan doing to much mistakes.

Owen Coyle is good at getting strikers scoring goals but has big problems in sorting defences...

Also, anyone remember Josh Morris? 14 goals this season in midfeld for Scunthorpe in League one.....

Hopefully when Hoban is fit we can play him and Lenihan at Centre back with Evans and Mulgrew in centre midfield would be good imo. That would give us a solid midfield

Hopefully when Hoban is fit we can play and Lenihan at Centre back with Evans and Mulgrew in centre midfield would be good. Solid midfield that is

Father Christmas needs to bring you a new keyboard Chaddy. Some of the keys appear not to be working. Maybe you've worn them out.

We need a bit more than solidity in midfield, we need someone who can play in our opponents half.

Father Christmas needs to bring you a new keyboard Chaddy. Some of the keys appear not to be working. Maybe you've worn them out.

We need a bit more than solidity in midfield, we need someone who can play in our opponents half.

I agree that we need an attacking midfielder but with no money to spend in the transfer window, maybe a couple of loans and possible 2 free transfers at best you arent going to get a quality attacking midfielder in. Thats why we should have got Adam Forshaw as part of the Rhodes when we sold him to Boro like I mention at the time

Archived