BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

An ITK tells me that Burnley are looking to buy Brockhall and turn it into a psychiatric hospital for Rovers fans.

Ewood is to be relaunched as a fast hot chicken outlet with one stand remaining in use for Rovers home games as long as the fairground is able to clear off the pitch in time.

Expect an announcement on this by the end of May.  It should be in the LT.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is Cheston? Version 2:

Sing a song of Rupees,
A pocket full of crap.
Four and twenty chickens,
Baked in a bap.
When the bap was opened
The chicks began to sing;
Wasn't that a dainty dish,
To set before Bling.
Cheston was in his counting house,
Searching for some money;
Madame was in the parlour,
Eating bread and honey.
Suhail was in the garden,
Scratching his arse with his toes,
When down came a chicken
And shat on his nose

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Last summer they couldn't shut Mike Cheston up. He was in the Telegraph every week updating us about the managerial search, talking about season ticket sales, talking about the 'new look' board of just himself, talking about the new vacancy they were creating for Suhail (no surname, no job title).

Where is he now?

He was even on the stadium roof last summer complete with hard hat and flash jacket inspecting the grime and moss and surveying his domain like a king in his castle. Really thought he'd arrived the Muppet if these suited football types could do their jobs as well as they can preen their ego's the game would be run for the better.

23 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Where is Cheston? Version 2:

Sing a song of Rupees,
A pocket full of crap.
Four and twenty chickens,
Baked in a bap.
When the bap was opened
The chicks began to sing;
Wasn't that a dainty dish,
To set before Bling.
Cheston was in his counting house,
Searching for some money;
Madame was in the parlour,
Eating bread and honey.
Suhail was in the garden,
Scratching his arse with his toes,
When down came a chicken
And shat on his nose

Love this!!

59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He was even on the stadium roof last summer complete with hard hat and flash jacket inspecting the grime and moss and surveying his domain like a king in his castle. Really thought he'd arrived the Muppet if these suited football types could do their jobs as well as they can preen their ego's the game would be run for the better.

I reckon he will be out on his ear soon.

I might be the only one but I almost feel sorry for Cheston. He should have sought employment elsewhere a long time ago and got out of this place whilst he could. He's been left on a limb as the last man standing and whilst he's clearly not up to the job he's been left with it surely isn't his fault but the fault of the dodgy folk above him.

He's talked some absolute garbage these last 12 months and because of that his reputation among most is in tatters and most people I've spoken to wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He probably hasn't had much choice because he'd be out of a job otherwise and probably has a family and mortgage. Unlike Derek who didn't need the dosh and Myers who has plenty of contacts around the place Cheston is a relative unknown who probably can't afford to walk out on a good number.

I don't think its fair to blame him for the financial disaster at the club. Most of the horrors are a legacy from before he arrived on the scene and are almost entirely the fault of Venkys and their insane financial policies.

You may be right but most others, recognising we are a basket case, walked. He hasn't.  If he'd got out sooner because it was a basket case set up, he could have gone with his head held high. As it is he's dug in deeper and deeper, so I don't feel sorry for him. He had the perfect excuse to walk when the outstanding candidate was appointed over his head and people would have applauded him for it. Instead he chose to stay put and lie. 

I don't think anyone would have any beef with Cheston if he hadn't made an ass of himself in the Coyle saga. Anyone throwing their hat I to the ring with Venkys knows what they are going to get and just like Derek before him he was prepared to lie to fans and also take flak and cover for whatever is going on in the background and whoever is really running the show and hiring and firing.

The sympathy disappears when you look at it like that.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

No no no tomphil.

He was planting a Sedum roof to get a 'Green Grant' from the Council.

Grow turf on the roof then relay the pitch with it next summer in an innovative Indian cost cutting exercise ? I like it, Venkys egg protein shakes will also replace Bovril and coffee in the snack bars next season !

52 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I might be the only one but I almost feel sorry for Cheston. He should have sought employment elsewhere a long time ago and got out of this place whilst he could. He's been left on a limb as the last man standing and whilst he's clearly not up to the job he's been left with it surely isn't his fault but the fault of the dodgy folk above him.

He's talked some absolute garbage these last 12 months and because of that his reputation among most is in tatters and most people I've spoken to wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He probably hasn't had much choice because he'd be out of a job otherwise and probably has a family and mortgage. Unlike Derek who didn't need the dosh and Myers who has plenty of contacts around the place Cheston is a relative unknown who probably can't afford to walk out on a good number.

I don't think its fair to blame him for the financial disaster at the club. Most of the horrors are a legacy from before he arrived on the scene and are almost entirely the fault of Venkys and their insane financial policies.

He's incapable and should have recognised long ago, a complete embarrassment whom is certainly hiding something. 

Hes the one normal person at rovers what really irks me along with his ex employees

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

He's incapable and should have recognised long ago, a complete embarrassment whom is certainly hiding something. 

Hes the one normal person at rovers what really irks me along with his ex employees

Normal?

Archived