BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are also being linked with scunthorpes captain, Stephen Dawson. I'd say Mowbray knows who we need and what he wants, hopefully the mystery man from India is onto the owners. The first thing I would like to know is who of the out of contract players we are keeping. 

When does pre season start?? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We are also being linked with scunthorpes captain, Stephen Dawson. I'd say Mowbray knows who we need and what he wants, hopefully the mystery man from India is onto the owners. The first thing I would like to know is who of the out of contract players we are keeping. 

For comparison, last seasons first fixture was 9th July.

You don't feel it coming around. Speed of action really is so important. 

Before we know it, we'll have a confirmed 2017/18 kit and set of fixtures, but no idea who'll actually be wearing it or kicking the League 1 football around Ewood Park, and managed by who?

Last time I saw Dawson he was giving a midfield football lesson to Lowe and that big stump we got from Palace in a pre season friendly at Rochdale. He was head and shoulders above our midfield but that's not saying a lot and it was a few years ago. He's a little baldy guy but he's a tenacious  grafter who knows when to stick and when to twist on the ball. Leads by example as captain. Bury were supposed to be after him also. That's the pond we're swimming in now.

I've not seen Mendez Laing but the Rochdale faithful rate him highly. Last I heard Cardiff and Wigan were interested in him. Those stats are good.

2 hours ago, Leyland-Rover said:

I don't know why I put Bennett? I did mean Fenney - although I also didnt think of Mahoney.

Hasn't Feeney just been liked to a move to Villa?

No it was Williams

I wouldn't be surprise if Feeney went to Cardiff

1 hour ago, Leyland-Rover said:

Comparing his actual stats to our wingers, he produces the goods "on paper".

Nathaniel Mendez Laing - Played 49, scored 10, 12 assists

Bennett - Played 31, scored 4, 2 assists.  

Feeney - Played 40, scored 2, 5 assists.

Mahoney - Played 21, no goals and 3 assists. 

These include league and cup games. Mahoney has goals and assists on his tally for the u23 division, which I have excluded. 

Good stats are them. Also thanks for those stats.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

If he's out of contract he'll probably have plenty of decent offers

Heard Wigan are interested but I think our budget should be higher than their and one of their highest in the league

1 hour ago, DanielMB said:

I dont know him and I dont know if we will be signing anybody this window but we could sure use a pacey winger with an eye for goals and assists.

We need a pacey winger for years.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dawson is 31. But hasn't he rejected a new contract there and so will be a free agent in July?

Mowbray seems to have targets and it looks like he wants League 1 experience.

Out of contract players I would only keep Guthrie.

Pre season will be start around end of June so we need to be getting on with sorting out a recruitment plan and sorting out pre season friendlies. then I woke up :rolleyes:

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Heard Wigan are interested but I think our budget should be higher than their and one of their highest in the league

You fell down that rabbit hole again Chaddy?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Yeah, Euxton Villa

Are they still going? They were a club back in the early 1960s when I played for St. Bede's Youth Club in Clayton-le-Woods. I wanted us to be called "Clayton Orient". Ha!

Just now, bazza said:

Are they still going? They were a club back in the early 1960s when I played for St. Bede's Youth Club in Clayton-le-Woods. I wanted us to be called "Clayton Orient". Ha!

Not sure. They were going in the 90's when I played and maybe even the 2000's iirc.

Clayton Orient :D

Newsnow has a link to a Simon Garner story in presumably todays LT. Its headline suggests SG is saying all players at Rovers are available.

It has been removed and the link is now dead.

Was it in todays hard copy?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15287492.Simon_Garner__It___s_all_up_in_the_air_for_this_Rovers_squad__whether_under_contract_or_not/?ref=mac

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Newsnow has a link to a Simon Garner story in presumably todays LT. Its headline suggests SG is saying all players at Rovers are available.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15287492.Simon_Garner__It___s_all_up_in_the_air_for_this_Rovers_squad__whether_under_contract_or_not/?ref=mac

Please take out?

29 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Think.its tomorrow. Sure his column is always in Tuesday paper

1 hour ago, Bluebandit said:

When does the transfer window open? We should be scouting abroad looking at players from the lower leagues that's where the bargains will be it's a risk but a worthwhile one.

Lower division foreign players and the roughouse English League 1 ?  Not sure that's a good mix players with a bit of talent from Spain, Argentina and Portugal couldn't handle the Championship.

Archived