BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

Sorry, I'm confused. Can Steele be sold now, even though it's outside the transfer window? If so, please explain how? I'm a bit naive to how things actually "work".

Everything could be agreed, bid made and accepted, contract signed etc but he wouldn't officially become a Wolves player until 1st July (I think that's when the window opens).

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

James Perch, Bert Trautmann, Connor Sammon and Steve Guppy are all waiting on the end of the line.

Haha. Very good. You're wasted here. 

You forgot John Scales and Mark Fish though

Steele needs to go with the likes of Feeney, Stokes, Greer, Brown, Akpan, Lowe, Guthrie their wages are not needed and i feel we need players who can fight and graft away in the lower leagues. Give Tomlimson a shout, Wharton, Raya, Mansell a look as well. 

57 minutes ago, Eternal Optimist said:

Think you can get some good free transfers early doors! Mowbray could possibly go fishing around Coventry - Gael Bigirimana, George Thomas both good young midfielders, contracts are up in July! Jordan Turnbull good centre half I think has a clause in his contract to leave! There's three already! 

That doesn't happen at Rovers it's usually left to the last minute.

4 hours ago, McClarky said:

Rovers are going to be planting stories in the media all over the place to try and bump up the prices of our players. And with their agents also planting stories to get players out of the club it's going to be open season.

Aye remember the 5 million for Lowe story :)

Actually it might also have been Wolves :)

The hacks will be linking them to everyone if they think they have a few quid to spend. Might be some legs in the Steele story seeing as Lambo was daft enough to buy regular flop Marshall.

No way is Josh King worth 42 mil, has had a decent season but in todays market could not see him going for anymore than 20. its quite ironic that since he, Rhodes and Gestede have gone - he is the only one that has actually managed to make it in the PL. Here though, he was always the one left out.

I remember when we had Josh King on loan from Man Utd when Darren Ferguson was in charge. He was pretty poor to be honest and looked like a sprinter in football boots. Fair play to him for making a good career for himself at the highest level though.

How come Mahoney was omitted from the squad on Sunday? Injury or because he isn't signing?

Just now, north_ender said:

How come Mahoney was omitted from the squad on Sunday? Injury or because he isn't signing?

You're like a vulture, swooping in to pick at flesh of the rotting carcass. For shame!

As for Mahoney, he found out that North End were the only club in for him just before the Bees game and he went absolutely mental. He was due to play but he just stormed off shouting 'I'm not signing for that bag of @#/?, they've never even been in the Prem. Even bloody Blackpool have been in the Prem'. He then got a National Express back to Blackburn. He's not been seen since.

Hope that helps.

21 minutes ago, north_ender said:

I remember when we had Josh King on loan from Man Utd when Darren Ferguson was in charge. He was pretty poor to be honest and looked like a sprinter in football boots. Fair play to him for making a good career for himself at the highest level though.

He's joined the forcesteve-guttenberg-mahoney-police-academy-1.jpg

30 minutes ago, north_ender said:

Because he's not very good I'd imagine.

22 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Steele needs to go with the likes of Feeney, Stokes, Greer, Brown, Akpan, Lowe, Guthrie their wages are not needed and i feel we need players who can fight and graft away in the lower leagues. Give Tomlimson a shout, Wharton, Raya, Mansell a look as well. 

Agree with most of that except Feeney , after a rocky start there was some games I thought he did quite well , he may be the type of player that looks very average in the championship but could tear up league 1

45 minutes ago, north_ender said:

Few rumours he was omitted because he's off although I think just a lack of form is most likely. Came in did well then gradually ran out of steam as young players often do. Have to say we looked more fluid without him trying to do too much and really he should have stayed as an impact sub but there was a clamour to start him and TM seemed to try to play everything through him when he started but it didn't quite come off.

I wouldn't get too excited about paying good money for and to him if I was a Knobber he's a way to go yet and a yeasr in league 1 would do him the world of good IMO.

Mahoney wasn't in the squad as he has now taken up a position as head of chicken selection at a processing plant in Brazil

Mahoney wasn't in the squad as he was injured

Mahoney wasn't in the squad as they hope to sell him and make some money on him

All equally plausible answers to be honest.

8 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Mahoney wasn't in the squad as he has now taken up a position as head of chicken selection at a processing plant in Brazil

Mahoney wasn't in the squad as he was injured

Mahoney wasn't in the squad as they hope to sell him and make some money on him

All equally plausible answers to be honest.

Except the third one.

Archived