BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not sure. They were going in the 90's when I played and maybe even the 2000's iirc.

Clayton Orient :D

They are still going, couple of old friends still involved in coaching, very good set up, always has been.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bluebandit said:

When does the transfer window open? We should be scouting abroad looking at players from the lower leagues that's where the bargains will be it's a risk but a worthwhile one.

Accy have already started to strengthen their squad.

But Mowbray will have to wait to meet Madame.  I wonder what the Pune City Jail visiting times are?

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Lower division foreign players and the roughouse English League 1 ?  Not sure that's a good mix players with a bit of talent from Spain, Argentina and Portugal couldn't handle the Championship.

Wasn't really meaning necessarily the countries you've mentioned although granted i didn't specify where. Just thinking of where to get the bargains you can unearth some potential talent that way although maybe too risky.

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

Scunthorpe captain Stephen Dawson ?

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Good grief.

Are people taking these links to players seriously?

It will be August before (if) we sign anybody.

Although I agree with you, just look at what Venkys have reduced us to, signing players from Scunthorpe FFS!

Where the F is Ronaldinho?

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

Lower division foreign players and the roughouse English League 1 ?  Not sure that's a good mix players with a bit of talent from Spain, Argentina and Portugal couldn't handle the Championship.

There are some good young Portuguese players around.  They are relatively cheap but we may have to pay an agents finders fee ;)

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hypothetically, if we keep all of our under contract players what would be the least Venkys could put in to have us competitive? 5 million?

There's an £8 Million black hole to plug, so perhaps triple that.....

1 hour ago, Bluebandit said:

Wasn't really meaning necessarily the countries you've mentioned although granted i didn't specify where. Just thinking of where to get the bargains you can unearth some potential talent that way although maybe too risky.

I was referring to the ones already tried and tested and failed at Ewood in the early Championship years. There'll be the odd exception but In the main they don't seem to be able to cope with the rough and tumble of the English lower leagues. Scandinavia etc maybe a good shout though but I think they'd be better getting a few tried and tested league 1 see in first hopefully with a bit of potential. It's very easy to drop straight through this league if you aren't equipped for it and I hope the powers that be realise this.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Good grief.

Are people taking these links to players seriously?

It will be August before (if) we sign anybody.

No, but seeing as we have absolutely no other information coming out, a rumour is a welcome distraction from all the waiting and wondering.

I'm certainly no financial guru, but surely any Big 4 auditing/accounting firm lke KPMG can only come to the conclusion, with the short term loans being taken out, with the vast infrastructure to support, with the horrendous wagebill to turnover rate etc. etc., that Blackburn Rovers is an insolvent business?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I'm certainly no financial guru, but surely any Big 4 auditing/accounting firm lke KPMG can only come to the conclusion, with the short term loans being taken out, with the vast infrastructure to support, with the horrendous wagebill to turnover rate etc. etc., that Blackburn Rovers is an insolvent business?

That's my thinking too.

They may change their working title to Provisional Adminstrators quite soon. Liquidators often follows that.

Last summer they couldn't shut Mike Cheston up. He was in the Telegraph every week updating us about the managerial search, talking about season ticket sales, talking about the 'new look' board of just himself, talking about the new vacancy they were creating for Suhail (no surname, no job title).

Where is he now?

Archived