Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dunnfc said it

Was certainly offered a contract by them. Goes back to season tail end he wanted a new deal at Doncaster (Improved Terms) two weeks ago rejected one and still had a year left when Ipswich came calling as a replacement for Freddie Sears who'll be leaving soon. I can only imagine over the last week Doncaster have tabled a better offer.

Not a good player, been around L1 and Championship, failed a few times, aged more and may have found just the right club for him. 

2 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Does anyone know Matty Derbyshire? If so, have a word. Beg him to return home! 

Goung off a recent interview, there's no chance. Banging them in in the Cypriat league and loving it.

Graham cant even get fit for friendlies so how is he going to get through the season? I say this everyday but we need strikers in and NOW, 2 at the very least. 1 pacey and 1 big lad that is good in the air. Id like us to for somebody a bit more proven than Samuel as really, he is a bit of an unknown. 

Also, I really hope the plan is not to use 1 up top all season anyway and we have other formations worked on. Like somebody else mentioned, once we have been figured out as this attacking with lots of possession side, teams will just park the bus. That will make it even harder for us to score goals and will result in lots of draws. I guess the plan is to win as many freekicks in their half and have Whittingham use his deadball delivery. Shame we don't have any strikers to nod them in though.

12 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

Hmmm..Big target man eh?

What's Shefki Kuqi up to these days? That kind of player would be lethal in League 1, and the celebration was worth the price of entry itself ;)kuqi.thumb.jpg.14c08339eb382cdd63f8d3c8f56b8920.jpg

I always wondered how he never broke his ribs doing that, he used to come down so hard. I liked him as a player actually and not just because of that cross against Bumley.

Mowbray on Caddis and his fitness. Himself and Coyle are like night and day. Breath of fresh air so he is. Honest and expects hard work. 

“He had let them slip a little bit, he’s done a lot of work behind the scenes, running and extra work, and part of our club that comes in at 8am every morning to do some fat burning work on top of the football stuff that the rest of the group are doing.

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

Fat burning?

Is that Coyles doughnut legacy?

I did hear a rumour that a couple of the players complained about the type of donuts he brought in to training. The complaint was, "we don't like the donuts with holes in the middle". Apparently they were told to eat the donuts and leave the holes. :) 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15420057.Sheffield_United_boss_refuses_to_be_drawn_on_speculation_surrounding_Rovers_defender_Darragh_Lenihan/?ref=mac

Our weekly fix of Lenihan transfer gossip has arrived.

I said weeks ago - this will carry on every week until late August and then he will be off.

I wonder who keeps laying the groundwork for the Telegraph though?

Archived