SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Those in the ground deserve better

I hope for some of them this is a wake up call. It's all well and good going to friendlies, singing for Owen Coyle and shouting down those who criticise the owners, but here is the reality of hiring a crap manager with no investment.

This is exactly why the fans will never unite cos of arrogance and smug comments like this.

You did say you were very pleased with the line up, which even before the game seems a little naive and provocative given we know how poor some (lots!) of those players are.

This is exactly why the fans will never unite cos of arrogance and smug comments like this.

Chaddy, you'd never unite with anyone apart from to preach the party line and declare how good everything is. I doubt J*B is too worried.

Seems a fair level of smugness around on Twitter from folk who haven't renewed

We are in this @#/? together remember

No... the people who renewed are part of the problem and are helping to kill the club.

Chaddy stop wit it. These lots need driving out. You are part of the problem with your ever so green outlook.

Twenty minutes into the season and even the most optimistic fan can see the writing is on the wall. The current crop at the helm, must think Rovers fans are just a punching bag. The rubbish talked after the appointment of Coyle and then the manger himself, sounding even more positive than Kean, just beggars belief. A few fans have decided to give Coyle a chance, but the signings all on the bench today and the lack of any funds being given to him to build anything like a side, is just a big two fingers up.

This is probably going to be the worst season in living memory for lots of supporters and I am not just over reacting. The bookies quire rightly have us as fourth favourites for the drop and they will probably have us as favourites after today. I fear for us on Tuesday at Mansfield and Wigan and can only see another two defeats to be honest.

Even Cheston's ambitions are to finish higher than fifteenth and in his heart of hearts, knows that will be a minor mracle. This club deserves better, but we seem powerless to do anything other than sit back and watch the club die.

• Backroom

My apologies, Tom.

Nah it's me mate it was a poor dummy out comment

Just hard to take this bud, looking around there isn't much anger it seems everyone knows what's on the cards.

There needs to be anger

The fans will never unite until venkys have left. It's the incompetence of venkys that has split the fans.

Their indifference, incompetence and lack of care, the results of which we can see this afternoon from the very poor team that has been put out.

A team that you declared yourself to be happy with

You did say you were very pleased with the line up, which even before the game seems a little naive and provocative given we know how poor some (lots!) of those players are.

With the players he got available it the best we could have played. Thats was my point.

With the players he got available it the best we could have played. Thats was my point.

You said the other day we didn't need new signings and you were happy with the squad?

• Backroom

But it wasn't. Henley and Feeney starting suggests it is not our best line up. Henley's not even a League 1 quality player. I'd rather play @#/? Raya at left back. I'm dead serious.

That sounds a fair bit different, and a lot less provocative.

Still disagree - Conway? Henley at lb? Marshall any position where he has been decent? Feeney starting? Not sure it's our best team even considering the dross we have. Out of interest why do you think it is?

Archived