BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were 25 "escaped" cows outside my front door at 7am this morning.

I rang the local farmer. He is called Owen; I do not think this is a coincidence but instead it is a good luck sign for today for our new manager.

Did he see lots of positives in their escape and use superlatives like magnificent, wonderful etc? Nixon will be running a story on it tomorrow.

There were 25 "escaped" cows outside my front door at 7am this morning.

I rang the local farmer. He is called Owen; I do not think this is a coincidence but instead it is a good luck sign for today for our new manager.

Or a prophecy that by the end of the season all the players will want to escape, and the manager will be oblivious to it.

Really can't see us getting anything out of this one...

Decided against renewing this year at protest of the total arrogance of our owners (although I will be attending some away games) - will be first home game Iv missed in 8 years or so... Sad state of affairs but feel like Iv got no other choice

Be really interesting to see how many do turn up

Really can't see us getting anything out of this one...

Decided against renewing this year at protest of the total arrogance of our owners (although I will be attending some away games) - will be first home game Iv missed in 8 years or so... Sad state of affairs but feel like Iv got no other choice

Be really interesting to see how many do turn up

Well done pal! Stay strong!

Looking forward to this game. Should be an interesting test and the Fulham result shows just how unpredictable this League can be. On paper we should get thrashed - and probably will - but there is always the chance of an upset. With our backs against the wall it's going to be fascinating campaign with every point vital in our fight for survival. Not the first time that the odds have been against us but that's what supporting the Rovers is all about. If every season was a bed of roses it wouldn't be Blackburn Rovers. A point today would be a good start.

• Backroom

What word springs to mind DE?

Horrifying, terrifying, daunting, desperate, hopeless, embarrassing... the list could go on and on.

Fascinating though? No. Fascinating in this context would be like driving past a car wreck and calling it fascinating. But that's assuming you're neutral to the situation. In this case it would be like driving past a car wreck and knowing the person involved. Not fascinating, just frightening and sad.

Just about to head off to Ewood -usually always try to get to season's opener. Not sure there will be many more, if any, visits this season.

Feeling optimistic about today, not entirely sure why though, amongst all the doom and gloom on here and my 'fun' bet for the weekend is Rovers to win 3-1 at 41/1! I reckon it's a good time to play those relegated teams as Fulham showed last night, having said that, I think Jokanovic is a pretty shrewd cookie.

On the train, first day of the season is for optimists, as negative as things may be there is always hope. Still excited to get to ewood and can't wait for the game.

Obviously Norwich are much better but Fulham beat Newcastle and in this league it's still true that anyone can beat anyone. Our players are inconsistent but most of them can have good days, Danny G is as good or better than their front men, Duffy can be excellent as can Marshall, even Steele has occasional outstanding performances. Hope Lenihan starts maybe with Guthrie ( am I the only one that thinks he could be decent now he's had a preseason?). The lads might just get swept up in Coyle waffle, it might work for a bit in the short term. Can Greer play left sided centre back? That's a big worry for me as it seems both Duffy and Ward much prefer the right...

Lots of problems but there's always a chance

Looking forward to this game. Should be an interesting test and the Fulham result shows just how unpredictable this League can be. On paper we should get thrashed - and probably will - but there is always the chance of an upset. With our backs against the wall it's going to be fascinating campaign with every point vital in our fight for survival. Not the first time that the odds have been against us but that's what supporting the Rovers is all about. If every season was a bed of roses it wouldn't be Blackburn Rovers. A point today would be a good start.

The problem is that under Venkys every season is a bed of nettles! A bed of roses is way overdue.

Archived