BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff Away

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see both Duffy and Marshall have rejected new contract offers...holding the club to ransom while playing shyte and sitting bottom of the league.

Infuriating!

How can you see things so black and white? Would you want to stay with Rovers currently, playing in an empty stadium, with a cr@p manager, equally naff team-mates and probable relegation looming?

Their contracts should have been sorted out long ago, but we aren't a normal club who does things properly. In truth, they probably got a derisory offer, all whilst the club continue to pimp them out to the press at every available opportunity. Why are we only making contract offers in August? This should have been sorted out last summer, not when the season's started. It's the club's fault if this becomes an ongoing 'distraction' (I use that phrase loosely, as I believe it's nothing more than a convenient excuse for FKW).

They've been bloody rubbish and deserve grief for their 'performances', but the ire should be focused elsewhere. They'd be bloody idiots to sign contracts currently, and can't feel too wanted given the shop window style press utterings from Coyle and massive delay in trying to sign them on.

I see both Duffy and Marshall have rejected new contract offers...holding the club to ransom while playing shyte and sitting bottom of the league.

Infuriating!

They've been in limbo for over 12 months now, I don't blame either player for rejecting deals, it's too little to late.

But that doesn't excuse not performing on the pitch, but that's not exclusively Duffy and Marshall, it's all over the park

What happens on the pitch is a side show at the moment we all know after two Games which direction the club is heading.. I bet stokes is wondering why he even bothered coming here

Score another 10 before the end of the season and he'll have 4-5 Championship sides after him next summer. Rovers will sell for a profit and pocket the money and Stokes goes to an ambitious club in the Championship whilst we rot in League One. Everyone happy bar the fans.

How can you see things so black and white? Would you want to stay with Rovers currently, playing in an empty stadium, with a cr@p manager, equally naff team-mates and probable relegation looming?

Their contracts should have been sorted out long ago, but we aren't a normal club who does things properly. In truth, they probably got a derisory offer, all whilst the club continue to pimp them out to the press at every available opportunity. Why are we only making contract offers in August? This should have been sorted out last summer, not when the season's started. It's the club's fault if this becomes an ongoing 'distraction' (I use that phrase loosely, as I believe it's nothing more than a convenient excuse for FKW).

They've been bloody rubbish and deserve grief for their 'performances', but the ire should be focused elsewhere. They'd be bloody idiots to sign contracts currently, and can't feel too wanted given the shop window style press utterings from Coyle and massive delay in trying to sign them on.

Lambert wanted it sorting months and months ago. Failure to set the wheels in motion on what should have been a priority of ensuring 2 of our best players were given new deals was no doubt a factor in his decision to leave. If the owners and the club can't even be bothered to keep hold of the decent players already here then we've no chance.

Duffy and Marshall know they aren't wanted. Why would anyone give 100% to a club that doesn't want them here and is trying to sell them, just like they did with all the other decent players here?

I don't blame them at all.

The next stage of the process is for Duffy and Marshall to become the scapegoats. They will be blamed for not giving it their all, not putting in the shift. The aim is to convince the support base that it is in our interests to get rid of them because they aren't committed to Blackburn Rovers, therefore justifying their sales to a rival.

The club can play the victim because it will claim to have had no choice but to sell. They offered them improved terms, they turned the offer down, they weren't performing, so the club had to sell them. Conveniently interested parties will only bid at the 11th hour leaving us with no time to replace them.

I'm sure I've seen this all before....

Ground -breaking stupidity by the loons as the endless delays in signing these 2 up means we have to take a low price on sale.......

Strangely enough.given we have 4 other wingers at the club,not sure Marshall will be such a massive loss. This given he isnt allowed to play at right-back(his best position IMHO) although a better winger than Bennett and much better player than Feeney.

But Duffy could be a massive loss.......what can we do? Play Lenihan at centre-back lacking height and physique ?

When the owners create problems for the manager its not surprising we end up with Chestons "outstanding candidate". :unsure:

This is just the kind of backs to the wall game Bowyer, assisted by Mr Rhodes would probably have dug a result out from. Can't see it here unless we maybe pinch an early goal from a set piece or penalty.

By the way there were some good odds floating about pre season on us losing our first 3 league games.

Just saying...........

This is just the kind of backs to the wall game Bowyer, assisted by Mr Rhodes would probably have dug a result out from. Can't see it here unless we maybe pinch an early goal from a set piece or penalty.

By the way there were some good odds floating about pre season on us losing our first 3 league games.

Just saying...........

I don't remember many good performances away at Cardiff whoever was manager. Feel we will lose to the odd goal and Coyle was extol how much progress we are making.

I don't remember many good performances away at Cardiff whoever was manager. Feel we will lose to the odd goal and Coyle was extol how much progress we are making.

True, the poor lambs never seem to like the long trek down there.

Black and white Sambo?

I'm more Red with rage at what is unfolding on all fronts at this Circus of a club.

:angry:

Aren't we all mate. It's bloody infuriating. Just think the club are in the wrong here, not the 2 players (over the contract, their performances are another matter entirely)

Tonight's game...I live in London and want to listen to it, any ideas if BBC Lancs will stretch with an internet radio?

any others based in the south east that have already figured this out?

Cheers

Unless it's changed this season, Radio Lancs are not allowed to put Football League commentary on the Internet.

Tonight's game...I live in London and want to listen to it, any ideas if BBC Lancs will stretch with an internet radio?

any others based in the south east that have already figured this out?

Cheers

BBC Blackburn is now available on Freeview and DAB I believe, they used to have a block on broadcasting football on internet radio though, as I found out to my cost on the way back from London on a train last year. Not sure if that is still the case.

BBC Blackburn......have a block on broadcasting football on internet radio though, as I found out to my cost on the way back from London on a train last year. Not sure if that is still the case.

Yes Radio Lancashire cannot broadcast league games over the internet due to contractual reasons ;)

Unless you have a relative in blackburn with a dab and a 250 mile rca cable you are buggered in London :D

Archived