BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Telegraph Investigation

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/29/football-association-meets-city-of-london-police

FA wanting full disclosure so it can sweep it quietly under the carpet, The Telegraph not playing ball but co-operating with the police. Coleman speaking a lot of sense, he knows this is just the tip of the iceberg.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/29/how-southamptons-eric-black-advised-businessmen-how-to-bribe-low/

Story on Eric Black^

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/29/football-association-meets-city-of-london-police

FA wanting full disclosure so it can sweep it quietly under the carpet, The Telegraph not playing ball but co-operating with the police. Coleman speaking a lot of sense, he knows this is just the tip of the iceberg.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/29/how-southamptons-eric-black-advised-businessmen-how-to-bribe-low/

Story on Eric Black^

Well that puts a bit more meat on the bones doesn't it, motivational speaking is code for paying you a bung.

Crooked greedy b******s, some of these swines need jailing.

Maybe Ryan made some moves whilst briefly caretaker manager. We all know he's a bit of a dark horse ;). I always found it odd that Souness went for a lot of players represented by Willie McKay (e.g. Barry Ferguson).

Wasn't Souness somehow implicated in the Andy Cole transfer back in the day? Something about owning shares in his agency?

He also tweeted this a couple of hours ago, could make things interesting. The FA obviously have no stomach to investigate. I don't know if they're complicit or just want to pretend that everything is rosey in the garden. Either way, they're not fit for purpose.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 3h3 hours ago

Police have asked to see @telegraph evidence re corruption. Football Association, Premier League and Football League are aware of this.

this quote I love ...

You could have written most of those names with little effort but Mark Hughes?

I personally would be devastated if Mark Hughes has been party to any of this, on the face of it, a man of principle a man of integrity, it could well finish me off in terms of football if he's involved in bungs, taking cash under the table etc.

The rest of them wouldn't surprise me.

Bruno Berner?

Wasn't Souness somehow implicated in the Andy Cole transfer back in the day? Something about owning shares in his agency?

There was a suggestion that it was being investigated because Cole was a client of Paul Stretford who worked for the agency that Souness (and several other high profile managers) had shares in.

Crooked greedy b******s, some of these swines need jailing.

Absolutely Gav.

I really believe the corruption in the English game would dwarf the happenings at FIFA. The FA won't do it, it needs powers from outside the game to blow it open.

A lot of the names on that list are no surprise, if you look at a few you will find their brothers and sons are agents or their sons have always been fitted up with clubs no matter how bad they are, reading between the lines it doesnt take a genius to see they're people open to 'favours'. I wouldn't be surprised if a certain pensioner from Govan gets a a mention at some point.

Absolutely Gav.

I really believe the corruption in the English game would dwarf the happenings at FIFA. The FA won't do it, it needs powers from outside the game to blow it open.

I'm not sure the FA are the right people to investigate anyway, surely there is a conflict of interest there? I also don't think the FA have the right infrastructure, manpower or expertise to conduct an investigation.

Entrapment is when you induce someone to do something they wouldn't ordinarily do.

Are you saying Sam is squeaky clean and the telegraph tucked him up?

All he had to say was "sorry, not interested"

So does anybody being entrapped.

So Sam is squeaky clean then?

No but I think he is being painted blacker than he is by people who don't like him and by newspapers wanting to sell a story and they don't care how they get it.

No but I think he is being painted blacker than he is by people who don't like him and by newspapers wanting to sell a story and they don't care how they get it.

Eric Black is on camera allegedly saying that money is paid by doing things like motivational speaking Al, gone are the days of the brown envelope.

Allardyce was allegedly discussing motivational speaking engagements in the far east, I wonder if he was getting paid £100k a time because he's worth it or for another reasons :rock:

it is funny when Mike Newell spoke out about this issue he was ostracized from the game.

It is about time for the FA to set up an independent inquiry into the whole of the game.

Independent inquiry into the fa more like

He's not being "painted" though, is he?

He's been damned by his own words and behaviour.

He had his fingers burned by panorama.he'd only just landed his dream job working directly for the fa.

He should've known better but his own greed and arrogance were his downfall. He not sorry, he's just sorry he got caught

Surprised by Pulis and Hughes a bit...thought they would be a bit smarter, the greed of them...

Giggs..what an utter scumbag, the media darling saved him last time

Surprised ? Not at all it's corruptness all the way through . Cmon FBI /Interpol time for you , our lot are oblivious

They may need an NFL style draft for the prison teams .

Like Gav said earlier, gutted that Hughes is on the list,

Had a lot of time for him and always championed him for being a good, honest, hard working manager.

I hope they've got that one wrong.

I reckon they are all at it

Surprised ? Not at all it's corruptness all the way through . Cmon FBI /Interpol time for you , our lot are oblivious

They may need an NFL style draft for the prison teams .

I reckon they are all at it

Be surprised if any of them get prison!

Its a bit like the expenses claimed by the MP's. One or two were caught and when investigated properly, lot's were doing the same thing. If the police get involved in this then we could see a mass culling. My advise would be for anyone currently out of work, get your coaching badges as we may have a shortage of football manager very soon.

Archived