BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

Spoke to my Dad (who works in football as I've mentioned before) last night and he was at a meeting yesterday and there is a lot of chatter around the game that Rowett has been put on alert about the Rovers job. Coyle is seemingly on very thin ice. My dad said this all sounds too sensible for Rovers but he said there is too much chatter for there to be nothing in it. He also said that the powers the be at Rovers will want to keep them up at all costs as any plans they have break down if they are in league 1.

"Plans" hahahahahahaaaaahahhaaaa!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the worst part is they don't give @#/? who they hurt and don't answer to anyone and NO media outlet worldwide actually cares or ever goes and asks them anything !!!!

I think they've got some serious PR people at play airbrushing and covering over stuff for sure. Look at the Sky commentators who've twice started to highlight them only to back track in the 2nd half of both games with the pumping in X amount per year line etc. To me i think they are trying then get the thumbscrews put on.

Also it stays out of all the newspaper reports with no mention of the debts, losses, sales etc just struggling Rovers.

It might just be dark forces trying to keep things from reaching India or it might well be that they are rattled.

If you look at last year, no money for ages then they got jumpy when we were set in reverse and brought Lambert in. Whatever their overall plan is it certainly involves player sales, that is all reliant on being in the championship at least. That's looking very much in danger at the moment.

Like i said it sounds like the partners getting restless if their plan is to bobble about in the championship whilst running players through the books and promoting youth in the hope of adding value to punt on.

Wasn't most of that supposed to have been brought forwards and settled on the accounts the other year in order to come out of embargo ? Front loading it was called i think. Didn't we get fed the line Cairney was sacrificed for that plus the Rudy money ?

That might well be the case, but it doesn't mean we aren't still paying them. I could be wrong but I have a feeling we are.

If you look at last year, no money for ages then they got jumpy when we were set in reverse and brought Lambert in. Whatever their overall plan is it certainly involves player sales, that is all reliant on being in the championship at least. That's looking very much in danger at the moment.

I can see what you mean know. Yes, it's e terrible if Venkys plans for player sales were ruined.

Trouble is that if he came under those conditions, Rowett would become either a.) disgruntled and leave or b.) another puppet.

I don't disagree, I think as with Lambert they would promise someone the earth to get them in, say all the rights things i.e. we've learned from our mistakes, etc and then revert to type in the hope that the manager just grins and bears it as has been the case with others, hoping the old 'any job is better than no job'. That's where I have the utmost respect for Lambert, rather than just take a paycheck and toe the party line he walked.

If they was that reliant on championship football they would not have appointed chimp head .

They will have been sold Coyle on the basis of being a wee gem who took unfashionable Burnley with their squad made up of misfits and freebies to the promised land of untold riches.

I've said before don't be fooled. They definitely have plans. There evil, greedy sinister ones but there still plans. Rowetts not coming so we can all calm down. In the event of a miracle he did it would be purely window dressing to carry on their pinky and thebrain style hopes of world domination. We would of gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky meddling kids. Dont worry most of the kids think it's completely normal. Feel free to carry on reeking havoc

Has he gone yet?

How is it that a manager who has had us in the bottom three most of the season, cannot defend for toffee with two clean sheets in 20+ matches, who struggles to gain points at home or away, who is clearly on target to have us relegated isn't seemingly under any threat at all?

I would be interested to note our salaried outgoings against other clubs as I am very sure it won't be in the bottom four spent in this division. Coyle alluded to that at some stage I believe.

I remain of the opinion that we can do much better and that sleep-walking to relegation under Coyle is simply not on. Most of the bottom 8 have reacted and changed managers, but we simply plod on regardless.

Coyle Out ASAP. Yeah the owners are the bigger issue but that does not mean Coyle is not a major part of the problem.

Spoke to my Dad (who works in football as I've mentioned before) last night and he was at a meeting yesterday and there is a lot of chatter around the game that Rowett has been put on alert about the Rovers job. Coyle is seemingly on very thin ice. My dad said this all sounds too sensible for Rovers but he said there is too much chatter for there to be nothing in it. He also said that the powers the be at Rovers will want to keep them up at all costs as any plans they have break down if they are in league 1.

Thanks for sharing this firstly.

secondly I would like to see Rowett come in. He is a good job at Birmingham and cant believe he got sacked for Zola

You know it, I know it, the only people who seemingly don't are those who make the decisions and who will have to find the money to deal with it this time next year.

The price of investing in some quality in January or changing manager now and bringing in a Rowett or Davies and giving him £1 million in January is loose change compared to the cost over the next 12 months of operating this club in League One.

Like Wolves/Wigan/Leicester/Norwich you can get away with 1 year or 2 at most of unsustainable costs if you then bounce back from it and return to the Championship, infact in a perverse way it can almost be a blessing if you learn valuable lessons and sort out the finances, but the flip side is doing a Coventry or Portsmouth and that's got our name all over it with these people at the top.

Davies?

Coyle Out and bring in Kenny Jackett or Gary Rowett!

I mention Jackett in the summer cos of all the rumours of him being sacked at Wolves

Davies?

I mention Jackett in the summer cos of all the rumours of him being sacked at Wolves

Billy Davies. Wanted the job in the summer, ignored in favour of less able candidates when his record at Forest, Derby and PNE is one of the strongest Championship CVs going.

Rowett or Jackett would both sort out the defence as a starting point and go from there.

If I were a betting man I reckon at least 2 of those 3 would take the job if offered it tomorrow.

what a pointles thread

coyle got hired as the outstanding candidate to do a job his paymaster wanted done

so far he is proving to be the right hire

no problem here

in line for bonus more than my annual salary or yours

get a grip people

Billy Davies. Wanted the job in the summer, ignored in favour of less able candidates when his record at Forest, Derby and PNE is one of the strongest Championship CVs going.

Rowett or Jackett would both sort out the defence as a starting point and go from there.

If I were a betting man I reckon at least 2 of those 3 would take the job if offered it tomorrow.

It's a complete no brainer. Any Board with a semblance of a clue or any ambition would have removed Coyle three hours after Rowett was sacked.

The team has been bottom 4 all season. The plan is clearly relegation. There's no other plausible explanation of a. His appointment in the first place and b . The fact he's still got the job.

Still, 2 quid a kid tomorrow. I've got two already thanks Cheston.

One packed it in when Kean was in charge. The other still loves the club for some reason, mainly his parents and grandparents passion for it.

Venkys / Cheston / Coyle / members of the FA and connected to BRFC / faceless agents / Sky. We all know. And one day it'll all come tumbling down.

Sleep well.

I didnt know Davies wanted the job in the summer.

I didnt know Davies wanted the job in the summer.

Well there was the Telegraph story saying he was open to talks, which is code speak for 'I'm out of work/remember me/come and make me an offer'. Like McLeish it was obviously planted by their agents with a view to trying to land the job.

After we overlooked him (almost Warnock level madness to do so) he then had talks with Charlton and St Mirren, so I think he's had to lower his sights a bit after being out for so long.

Well there was the Telegraph story saying he was open to talks, which is code speak for 'I'm out of work/remember me/come and make me an offer'. Like McLeish it was obviously planted by their agents with a view to trying to land the job.

After we overlooked him (almost Warnock level madness to do so) he then had talks with Charlton and St Mirren, so I think he's had to lower his sights a bit after being out for so long.

Is he still out of work?

Hoping for a loss tomorrow on the basis that it will seal Muppet Coyle's fate

I sometimes find this feeling lurking in the back of my mind but somehow can never overcome the natural instinct to want a victory for Rovers.

I don't think another 5 defeats would have any affect at this point.

However, I wouldn't care if we lost every match from now until the end of the season if it rid us of the vile Venky's

Is he still out of work?

Yes. Should be on the shortlist and under consideration/being approached right this minute along with Rowett and Jackett but somehow I get the feeling the power-brokers at Ewood won't have even heard of these 3.

Archived