BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

Yes. Should be on the shortlist and under consideration/being approached right this minute along with Rowett and Jackett but somehow I get the feeling the power-brokers at Ewood won't have even heard of these 3.

Agree those 3 should be on the Rovers shortlist

Well there was the Telegraph story saying he was open to talks, which is code speak for 'I'm out of work/remember me/come and make me an offer'. Like McLeish it was obviously planted by their agents with a view to trying to land the job.

After we overlooked him (almost Warnock level madness to do so) he then had talks with Charlton and St Mirren, so I think he's had to lower his sights a bit after being out for so long.

Here the story

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14509387.display/

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i was a Rovers adviser i'd be telling them to get on the blower to Ipswich saying look if you want rid of Mick we'll take over his contract if he wants to come.

That wouldn't suit the agents who run the game pay offs not play offs agenda though would it.

Pay them out, pay them in %%%%%

Would love Coyle to get the sack but to replace him with Wee Billy Davies would be another disaster. The bloke s an absolute tube.

Davies has a solid record at this level. His win percentage is higher than 40% at every club he's managed.

That said, he'd probably be another Lambert and be out the door the minute he realises he's on a hiding to nothing.

In an ideal world if the club got taken over you'd bring Davies in on a short term prove yourself and there's an extension contract. Then you'd task him with sorting out the crap and the slackers applying the boot where it is needed, most of Brockhall would be in tears !

I'd have him tomorrow anyway but he wouldn't see the season out under these lot.

Would love Coyle to get the sack but to replace him with Wee Billy Davies would be another disaster. The bloke s an absolute tube.

Surely we're light-years beyond having the luxury of rejecting managers based on their personality. It's a concepts I've never agreed with in the slightest to begin with anyway personally.

Ferguson was a truly horrible human being. His abuse of refs was disgusting, he bullied the FA, he never once reprimanded a player for example Keane for deliberately crippling Haaland. That bloke would have run someone over in the street if it helped him win the league. Did Man U fans care?

Football at professional level is hard and unforgiving. If Davies wanted to come here Rovers should snap his hand off on his managerial ability and him being a complete a-hole as a person shouldn't even register as a consideration.

• Backroom

I've never wanted us to lose ever and I never will. Even if it did push Coyle nearer to the exit. It's just not in my nature, I'm a win at all costs person.

I'm pretty much the same way. Closest I came to wanting us to lose was during the Kean era, but even then I never really wanted to lose. The sad thing was that during that time (and now) winning didn't feel a whole lot better than losing.

The only positive is that under managers like Kean and Coyle, losing also hurts less because there's a small chance it may lead to the manager getting potted. Obviously bigger-picture wise it means nothing with Venky's at the helm, but it's a small ray of hope regardless.

Surely we're light-years beyond having the luxury of rejecting managers based on their personality. It's a concepts I've never agreed with in the slightest to begin with anyway personally.

Ferguson was a truly horrible human being. His abuse of refs was disgusting, he bullied the FA, he never once reprimanded a player for example Keane for deliberately crippling Haaland. That bloke would have run someone over in the street if it helped him win the league. Did Man U fans care?

Football at professional level is hard and unforgiving. If Davies wanted to come here Rovers should snap his hand off on his managerial ability and him being a complete a-hole as a person shouldn't even register as a consideration.

I don't think Allardyce ever won any awards for his personality. One of the only good things people say about Coyle and previously about Kean was that they were really nice guys, really friendly, always happy to help bla bla bla. It's the first step on the road to winning the media crew over. No doubt making cups of tea for them in press conferences and doing whatever needs to be done to keep them on side.

One thing we haven't had for years is a nasty piece of work in the dugout who is quite happy to drop anyone and kick backsides on the training ground and at half time if the performance isn't good enough.

Lambert was the closest we got to it but I don't see him as a truly aggressive/nasty individual. He's got high standards and expects his club to try and match them, but he's not in the Ferguson/Davies/Warnock boat of falling out with and dumping anyone who doesn't pull their weight around the place.

Such characters aren't wanted at Ewood where everyone from the owners downwards are in it for the easy life. The less hassle and aggro the better, hence managers who are praised for being 'right nice blokes'

The average guy who tries to sell you a PPI claim or the foreign person who phones up trying to flog you something you never asked for are all nice people on face value. Probably nice in real life but they are fake and false who wouldn't tell you they though you were a @#/? even if that's what they believed because they are conning you into a false sense of security.

It's nailed on people like Coyle and Kean would be salesmen for something you don't need if they weren't in football. Only difference is they've talked that much horse crap to cover over telling it like it is that they are totally deluded and actually believe the tripe they spew.

They are fakes like their paymasters.

Can you imagine poor Mrs Coyle asking Owen what he wants for his tea ? Five solid minutes of entire waffle when a simple 'i'll have beans on toast love' would do the job.

They won't get rid until after the window even if they were considering it. They need a yes man in place for that plus they'd need a sale or two to pay for any changes.

This twohat is taking us down regardless of what happens today. His oft repeated line of 'get the club to where it should be' strikes fear in me along similar lines to Keans 'what wer trying to do here'.

Underlying agendas.

Coyle is totally safe from what I hear.

Not even a thought of getting rid.

Remember when we'd all be constantly refreshing the page like madmen to hear about Kean's "imminent" sacking.

Despite relegating the club and dragging its good name through the mud with his drunken antics, he was bulletproof and chose to leave on his own terms. Coyle is cut from the same cloth. Another bullshitting yes-man with links to the club's puppetmasters. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was still at the helm in League One next season.

Archived