BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Backroom

'A proud loss' to the team getting their first ever league win at Ewood. 'A proud loss' to a team that was plainly better than us for most of the match.

'A proud loss' to a club that has never hit the heights we have, nor has our history.

I lost pride in my team 5 years ago.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are STILL posting on Fb about how they can't understand calls for Coyle to go "when Venkys are the problem".

Yet ask what we can do about Venkys and it's all blank looks and scratching heads. NOTHING!

So if I've got this right, we have to 'carry on regardless' when it comes to Venkys but then put up with a crap manager as well.

:wacko:

Its the same argument different season, more or less eveyone wanted rid of Bowyer and now we find ourselves on the brink of relegation in a worse position than when he was in charge.

Change the manager we'll get someone else who's cr@p and round and round we go.

Everyone hated Bowyers football, fans are enjoying Coyles in some quarters because of the goals tally and excitement, but all roads lead one way under those 3 stooges and thats down.

I don't see how people can enjoy Coyles 'football', surely nobody wants to see Sunday league defending and conceding goals for fun. The amount of goals we score is irrelevant when we are conceding more than we score. For all this talk of goals scored, how many times have we been in the lead, I bet you can count them on one hand.

I don't see how people can enjoy Coyles 'football', surely nobody wants to see Sunday league defending and conceding goals for fun. The amount of goals we score is irrelevant when we are conceding more than we score. For all this talk of goals scored, how many times have we been in the lead, I bet you can count them on one hand.

We might get a couple of decent moves each match but I think it's like watching a pub team and generally, despite the goals scored, the standard of football is very poor.

I listened to Radio Rovers post match on Saturday and I think they are seriously deluded - it was embarrassing.

Preston 3 - Rovers 2

Rovers 2 - Brighton 3

Rovers 2 - Reading 3

Anyone see a trend here? JH Rover kindly calculated Coyle's average goals per gane conceeded at a massive 1.6. The way we are going that will be increasing all the time.

We have scored 6 goals in he last three games for zero points.

Clean sheets guarantee a point. What is this plank playing at? Solidify the defence, focus on clean sheets, hope for a bit of luck or magic at the other end to nick a result here and there. Gifting three goals a game must be irritating our forward players no-end.

Preston 3 - Rovers 2

Rovers 2 - Brighton 3

Rovers 2 - Reading 3

Anyone see a trend here? JH Rover kindly calculated Coyle's average goals per gane conceeded at a massive 1.6. The way we are going that will be increasing all the time.

We have scored 6 goals in he last three games for zero points.

Clean sheets guarantee a point. What is this plank playing at? Solidify the defence, focus on clean sheets, hope for a bit of luck or magic at the other end to nick a result here and there. Gifting three goals a game must be irritating our forward players no-end.

Certainly looked that way after the Reading game with Gallagher and Graham stood in the centre circle looking despondent.

Goals conceded up to just shy of 1.7, which by anyone's standards is appalling. We are getting worse defensively week by week, barring the Norwich and Wigan debacles we were on paper improving (1.2 conceded per game) until November where we have leaked 14 goals in 7 games (2 a game!!!). During that period we haven't lost by more than a single goal, pointing to the glaringly obvious.

SORT OUT THE @#/? DEFENCE AND STOP SHIPPING EASY GOALS YOU MUPPET.

He can't sort out the defence. He isn't capable. The main point of the damning statistics I posted on here last week was to show that every team he has managed in a career spanning more than a decade at 6 clubs is that every one of them has conceded goals at an alarming rate and Coyle has never been able to overcome that and never will.

Coyle would have people believe that the reason we've been conceding so many goals is because we've suffered from a bad injury list through the season. Granted it can't have helped matters to keep have to change personnel and never having a settled back line which is a foundation of a successful side, but there's not really any reason to think if we'd had no injuries that the situation would be any better. Not to mention that one of the reasons we've had so many injuries is because he's signed a raft of players with injury problems or in their mid-30s.

Infact there's an argument to be had that despite changing personnel and deploying so many different people at the back this season that we've consistently given away poor goals - that suggests to me that it isn't the personnel but rather the coaching. We've had Ward, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Hoban, Wharton, Brown and Greer playing at centre back this season and goals have kept on coming.

It comes down to discipline, fitness, concentration, maintaining your shape and organisation at all times and ensuring that once you've fought back in games like against Preston and Reading the first thing you do is ensure you get away with a point.

Its the same argument different season, more or less eveyone wanted rid of Bowyer and now we find ourselves on the brink of relegation in a worse position than when he was in charge.

Change the manager we'll get someone else who's cr@p and round and round we go.

Everyone hated Bowyers football, fans are enjoying Coyles in some quarters because of the goals tally and excitement, but all roads lead one way under those 3 stooges and thats down.

Fans are enjoying Coyle's? Do you even hear yourself Gav?

By your logic, we should have stuck with Kean given our Championship position when he left.

Getting rid of Bowyer actually brought in Venkys first actual manager worthy of the title.

Shape.

No, 'not my post Christmas physique...

The shape of the team is ridiculous. I'm no coach or fm17 expert but from experience of playing and watching football for two decades plus, defending is easier when players are in the correct positions.

At times - without the ball, it's almost impossible to interpret what formation we are using. We are clearly not practicing this nearly enough. The excuses on injuries, backups etc - it doesn't stop a team doing proper defensive shape work on the training pitches.

Common sense says we need bodies behind the ball if we've been conceding lots - playing the only real striker we have in form on the flank, not only does that stop us having an out ball - it means we don't have any protection for him the fullback down that side. Which is ridiculous since the other flank does work back (Conway).

The central midfield pairing also back off far too much. Evans, Allen - I've given JL a lot of plaudits down the years for his perceived energy but lately he seems so unsure of his role, all his energy and endeavour is wasted. We improvements in these areas but I don't think it's as simple as just needing better players, when it's obvious to all watching that we are simply set up to fail.

Get rid asap, or it will be too late.

I would argue that most the goals come from being paper thin in midfield and not defending from the front as a unit, our defenders are having to do too much work which leads to mistakes. If the midfield personnel were better set up to provide a shield for the defence that would be a start. I know I'm preaching to the choir but it infuriates me seeing the same omnishambles week after week and people defending it.

You're probably right, Andy, but 6 defeats in a row would make very uncomfortable times for him. If only from the fans.

Stick your house on a draw against Barnsley.

Chaddy and the nodding dogs would probably go for that.

• Backroom

Well today was the day he was going to go if it was to happen. obviously it passes without anything happening.

Rowett has been quoted as being keen to getting back into management and would love to stay in the championship but would consider options.

Any normal club would be on the phone. We know the rest.

Bowyer was quickly removed when we were in a healthier position. Seems a tad strange this guy is bullet proof when we have been in the bottom three most of the season. When something looks like b*llsh*t, smells like b*llsh*t and acts like b*llsh*t.....its normally b*llsh*t.

B*llsh*t Blackburn - The Venky Way.

Was the defence doing better until we dropped Wharton for being entitled to a pay rise?

He has featured in two league games so far and we have picked up 4 points from those games. Home V Burton in a 2-2 draw and also V Rotherham in a 4-2 win. Given that we have lost the last 3 by the same 3-2 score line, then it appears we had, very little to lose, other than a poorer goal difference at worst. If the club were known for their honesty over the last years, then perhaps we would just accept that he isn't quite ready yet.

He has featured in two league games so far and we have picked up 4 points from those games. Home V Burton in a 2-2 draw and also V Rotherham in a 4-2 win. Given that we have lost the last 3 by the same 3-2 score line, then it appears we had, very little to lose, other than a poorer goal difference at worst. If the club were known for their honesty over the last years, then perhaps we would just accept that he isn't quite ready yet.

Fundamentally that is what is missing at this club now: trust.

I can't see the word 'honesty' without Bradley Orr's unkempt, laughing face.

If mistakes had been made then lessons should have been learned and bridges mended. We just have mistakes, ignorance and arrogance. Try to get cards on the table, and have a frank, honest discussion and 'I'll see you in court'.

Bowyer was quickly removed when we were in a healthier position. Seems a tad strange this guy is bullet proof when we have been in the bottom three most of the season. When something looks like b*llsh*t, smells like b*llsh*t and acts like b*llsh*t.....its normally b*llsh*t.

B*llsh*t Blackburn - The Venky Way.

Let's face it, somebody, somewhere got paid (probably handsomely) for shoving Coyle through the door.

And in all likelihood, are still getting paid handsomely for him still being here.

Oh, and they won't give two hoots about Blackburn Rovers or the fans.

Archived