BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

He didn't get the job for footballing reasons, so it would be foolish of any of us to expect he will lose the job through footballing reasons.

Why did he get the job? At best because he was cheap and willing to put up with whatever rubbish the people running the club want to throw at him, including selling our best players and spending nothing. At worst because there is something more sinister going on with mystery man Pasha and Coyle being one of Kean's old friends.

Either way, there's no reason whatsoever to think results on the pitch are of any relevance. Just as they weren't when the project under Kean was taking off and just as they weren't when the decision to remove Bowyer was taken.

Coyle will on be removed if he no longer wants to play the game or if someone at Swiss HQ changes track and decides our league status is worth saving. Until then strap yourselves in for another 6 months of verbal diarrhea.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did I decide to read his post match ramble, we really do have kean mark 2. The guy is either ill or just taking the @#/?.

He needs taking away and quick.

As do those jokers on Radio Rovers. Listened to what I thought was verbal diarrhoea from these jokers after the match - they must have been at a different game.

Keep him at all costs for me, we need to hit rock bottom, then hopefully these ******* idiots from Pune will crawl back under the rock.

We have no hope in our current guise, so hitting rock bottom is MY only hope.

We're just dying a very slow death and it won't won't get any better whilst those 3 idiots remain in charge.

Coyle In

Keep him at all costs for me, we need to hit rock bottom, then hopefully these ******* idiots from Pune will crawl back under the rock.

We have no hope in our current guise, so hitting rock bottom is MY only hope.

We're just dying a very slow death and it won't won't get any better whilst those 3 idiots remain in charge.

Coyle In

There is no rock bottom. Just the end of Blackburn Rovers.

Get Coyle sacked and Rowett in, do it now.

There is no rock bottom. Just the end of Blackburn Rovers.

Get Coyle sacked and Rowett in, do it now.

History says that simply won't happen USA.

But keep changing the manager, if nothing else it gives the fans renewed hope :wacko:

But keep changing the manager, if nothing else it gives the fans renewed hope :wacko:

Gav, my gut feeling is that we need to stay up. The money has surely already dried up for Venkys. They could be off anyway.

In League One our chances of a new owner would seem to deteriorate greatly.

The further down we fall, the more attractive we become, if only for the £1 price tag.

Looking at our history, they'll be queuing round the block to buy us as soon as those rats in Pune uck off.

Gav, my gut feeling is that we need to stay up. The money has surely already dried up for Venkys. They could be off anyway.

In League One our chances of a new owner would seem to deteriorate greatly.

If we're expecting a new owner now to come in and pay millions to purchase the club and pump millions in to keep the club afloat on the premise that we may by some miracle acheive the Premier League promised land, then we are all deluded: that opportunity buggered off last summer.

I'd ask you all to consider as a business venture/investment, would you shell out?..it's a cash cow.

I hate Venkys and haven't been to a home fixture this season. Get to Barnsley on Boxing Day, vent your spleen and yes: 'Get behind the lads' (it hurt saying that but Boxing Day football and watching Rovers is surely a tradition).

I was reminiscing today with my 2 lads about how many thousands we used to take away when 'we were @#/?' in the 70s and 80's. Difference then was we were all Rovers together. I'd love that camaraderie to return rather than the current lack of understanding and tolerance of differing opinions.

I'd love us to be at an away ground in massive numbers, as we always used to be, and make our feelings felt.

It does make me wonder where the next bucket load of cash is going to come from to keep things ticking over if Venkys have lost the ability or willingness to put it in themselves.

They must surely be aware that no matter how many players they sell there will soon come a time when there are none left to sell for decent money meanwhile the wages will need to be paid, as will the bills and running costs for Ewood and Brockhall.

I suspect we're nearing the stage where Cheston will look to slash costs at Brockhall by amalgamating the two sites into one. In all honesty they might as well do away with the academy and Category A status and the £2 million+ a year it costs to operate if those good enough who come through it aren't given a fair chance due to money saving attempts.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that if this club was in the Championship and Venkys were realistic about the debt situation and either wrote it off or deferred it until/unless we got back to the Premier League then there would be plenty of people taking a keen interest in buying this club at the right price.

However, go down to League One and it becomes infinitely more difficult. Foreign owners in particular aren't interested in the 3rd division except in rare cases (Liebherr at Soton). For a number of reasons we wouldn't be like Sheffield United or Bradford getting 15,000+ a week in the 3rd division.

Is the end game near? It has to be unless they are going to suddenly unearth some multi-million pound players to sell or start dipping into their own cash again. The trouble is that the recovery process is twice as difficult in the 3rd division than the 2nd.

The further down we fall, the more attractive we become, if only for the £1 price tag.

Looking at our history, they'll be queuing round the block to buy us as soon as those rats in Pune uck off.

Gav, seriously? You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that, in fact I can't believe you said it.

You know full well how long 'the Trust' marketed the club before this lot trapped up.

It's not the bloody purchase price, it's working capital.

If you're a business man and an avid Rovers fan, would you buy the club and finance it as an ongoing concern to meet supporters' expectations (such as yourself)?

• Backroom

However, go down to League One and it becomes infinitely more difficult. Foreign owners in particular aren't interested in the 3rd division except in rare cases (Liebherr at Soton). For a number of reasons we wouldn't be like Sheffield United or Bradford getting 15,000+ a week in the 3rd division.

Is the end game near? It has to be unless they are going to suddenly unearth some multi-million pound players to sell or start dipping into their own cash again. The trouble is that the recovery process is twice as difficult in the 3rd division than the 2nd.

Spot on. The Championship gets passable coverage over here (probably very little abroad) and you're only ever one good season away from the promised land.

League One requires not one, but two promotions to get there, and gets very little coverage outside of the playoffs. If we want to be sold to anybody with a shred of genuine ambition we have to at minimum be in the Championship. God knows who we end up with if Venky's decide to sell up in League One or League Two, but it's highly unlikely to be somebody able or with any intention of funding the club with its current facilities.

Gav, seriously? You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that, in fact I can't believe you said it.

You know full well how long 'the Trust' marketed the club before this lot trapped up.

It's not the bloody purchase price, it's working capital.

If you're a business man and an avid Rovers fan, would you buy the club and finance it as an ongoing concern to meet supporters' expectations (such as yourself)?

The only way the club could be sold now is if the Venky's write off the debt

The only way the club could be sold now is if the Venky's write off the debt

forget the debt, that's a given.

Investment in the infrastructure and working capital compared with current levels of income?

I'd run a mile and give it a wide birth unless the supporter base could show some serious allegiance. That's not a criticism but a statement of fact.

How do you quantify those that are 'boycotting but will return when Venkys go' to those that have just had enough and will go every now and then?

I'm not blaming the fans because I fully understand but thats where the potential salvation lies. (IMO)

In the grand scheme of things the number of people through the turnstiles is a side issue.

Its all about the Premier League and getting access to the millions on offer there and the profile that comes with it. All attention is on getting there as quickly as possible and then being able to stay there without the need for a massive overhaul of the stadium and infrastructure.

If we were a stable, steady, mid-table Championship club with 'manageable' losses of less than £10 million a year then we would be attractive to investors. They would look at Rovers, see a stadium and training ground ready for the top division and see a club capable of getting there with some sensible investment and wise decisions. Once there with the £100 million a year or whatever it is coming in the amount of fans turning up really would be immaterial. 25,000 a week or 17,000 a week would boil down to a matter of a few million a year at most, which in modern day terms is loose change.

The number of fans turning up does become more important if you are a League One club because the Tv income is so much less. A club with Premier League facilites getting 5,000 a week through the door in a 30,000 stadium will not get outsiders queuing up with excitement in the same way a Sheffield United with 17,000 a week would.

We'd be hoping for a best case scenario of the Seneca group still being around and being prepared to change their project to accommodate the 3rd tier rather than the 2nd.

Tell that to original Stanley fans. It can happen, and it would be our luck it happen to us. They will end this club.

In the grand scheme of things the number of people through the turnstiles is a side issue.

Its all about the Premier League and getting access to the millions on offer there and the profile that comes with it. All attention is on getting there as quickly as possible and then being able to stay there without the need for a massive overhaul of the stadium and infrastructure.

If we were a stable, steady, mid-table Championship club with 'manageable' losses of less than £10 million a year then we would be attractive to investors. They would look at Rovers, see a stadium and training ground ready for the top division and see a club capable of getting there with some sensible investment and wise decisions. Once there with the £100 million a year or whatever it is coming in the amount of fans turning up really would be immaterial. 25,000 a week or 17,000 a week would boil down to a matter of a few million a year at most, which in modern day terms is loose change.

The number of fans turning up does become more important if you are a League One club because the Tv income is so much less. A club with Premier League facilites getting 5,000 a week through the door in a 30,000 stadium will not get outsiders queuing up with excitement in the same way a Sheffield United with 17,000 a week would.

We'd be hoping for a best case scenario of the Seneca group still being around and being prepared to change their project to accommodate the 3rd tier rather than the 2nd.

I think that ship sailed last summer.

Tell that to original Stanley fans. It can happen, and it would be our luck it happen to us. They will end this club.

We're not the original Stanley, we're Blackburn Rovers, league champions 20yrs ago, league cup winners, a ground and facilities any club would die for.

We just need to hit rock bottom and the road back will be long but worth the journey.

We'll end up there anyway USA, it's just a matter of time, so let's cut to the chase I say.

We're not the original Stanley, we're Blackburn Rovers, league champions 20yrs ago, league cup winners, a ground and facilities any club would die for.

We just need to hit rock bottom and the road back will be long but worth the journey.

We'll end up there anyway USA, it's just a matter of time, so let's cut to the chase I say.

You reckon GAV?

Personally, I think we're buggered and on a par with Bury.

We're not the club we were in the seventies and early eighties and I'm just coming to terms with that reality.

It's just not the same anymore. In adversity in the seventies, how many Rovers would have been at Oakwell on Boxing Day?

Why would the Venky's let the club go into administration and give up any remaining assets?

They might as well shut the club down and strip the club bare then sell off everything. There's still millions to be made.

Don't assume they care about the well being of the club, they've proven already that they don't.

forget the debt, that's a given.

Investment in the infrastructure and working capital compared with current levels of income?

I'd run a mile and give it a wide birth unless the supporter base could show some serious allegiance. That's not a criticism but a statement of fact.

How do you quantify those that are 'boycotting but will return when Venkys go' to those that have just had enough and will go every now and then?

I'm not blaming the fans because I fully understand but thats where the potential salvation lies. (IMO)

Which is why I've said previously that Seneca (or whoever) need to show their hand. Fans need to know that there is an alternative to Venkys and a positive force for change that they can get on board with.

Archived