BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I do not think they have given Steve Kean any chance from the outset," said Coyle.

"They have their own reasons for that and ultimately, those who want to be heard shout the loudest. Steve Kean is a terrific coach and manager. All you want is an opportunity. We have the best league in the world, but we don't have the 20 best managers in the world, someone has to fill the dreaded places where no-one wants to be."

"I hope he is given the time to do that because he is a genuinely nice person."

Owen Coyle | Wednesday 21st December 2011

Well that statement (ignoring the obvious) just shows how much he likes the sound of his own voice and doesn't think about what he is saying. Even WITH the 20 best managers in the world three would still be relegated.

Dumb.

"someone has to fill the dreaded places where no one wants to be"

If that's not an arrogant back handed dig at Rovers i don't know what is but then again Owen just look where you've ended up. Not only barely in the top 40 managers or where allegedly no one else wants to be but all where no one wants you and still a full league above your true abilities.

Lose Saturday and you must be gone.

Lose Saturday and you must be gone.

That's a very 'normal club' concept. A few things have to happen for that to work:

- We have to go several goals down, early on.

- The fans have to turn. Really turn. Not sure we are there yet, or if there is any heart/fight left. (Everyone assumes he is bulletproof).

- There needs to be a mass, organic, unstaged walkout in the second half. It's coming.

- Cheston needs to feel the pressure.

- Cheston also needs to have the authority to make the decision.

- Or Venkys or their advisors need to feel some kind of pressure to change course (again).

- There needs to be somebody else lined up. Pasha needs to be having dinner with Rowett tomorrow or Saturday night.

- After that, it's a small matter of a full moon, the stars aligned, a volcano eruption, meteor shower and a black cat going under a car that's accidentally ended up on one of the new bus lanes. Twice.

Seems a cinch to me.

- We have to go several goals down, early on. - Possible
- The fans have to turn. Really turn. Not sure we are there yet, or if there is any heart/fight left. (Everyone assumes he is bulletproof). - the ones that will turn have cleared off already
- There needs to be a mass, organic, unstaged walkout in the second half. It's coming. - Most have already walked
- Cheston needs to feel the pressure. - Can someone delete excel and powerpoint from his laptop?
- Cheston also needs to have the authority to make the decision. - The holidays are coming and we know what happened last time he cleared off for break.
- Or Venkys or their advisors need to feel some kind of pressure to change course (again). - Blackburn who?
- There needs to be somebody else lined up. Pasha needs to be having dinner with Rowett tomorrow or Saturday night. - Pasha is already booked a table with Judan Ali
- After that, it's a small matter of a full moon, the stars aligned, a volcano eruption, meteor shower and a black cat going under a car that's accidentally ended up on one of the new bus lanes. Twice. - Should be fine with this one.

"I do not think they have given Steve Kean any chance from the outset," said Coyle.

"They have their own reasons for that and ultimately, those who want to be heard shout the loudest. Steve Kean is a terrific coach and manager. All you want is an opportunity. We have the best league in the world, but we don't have the 20 best managers in the world, someone has to fill the dreaded places where no-one wants to be."

"I hope he is given the time to do that because he is a genuinely nice person."

Owen Coyle | Wednesday 21st December 2011

For those comments alone he should be sacked !

Spoke to my Dad (who works in football as I've mentioned before) last night and he was at a meeting yesterday and there is a lot of chatter around the game that Rowett has been put on alert about the Rovers job. Coyle is seemingly on very thin ice. My dad said this all sounds too sensible for Rovers but he said there is too much chatter for there to be nothing in it. He also said that the powers the be at Rovers will want to keep them up at all costs as any plans they have break down if they are in league 1.

Spoke to my Dad (who works in football as I've mentioned before) last night and he was at a meeting yesterday and there is a lot of chatter around the game that Rowett has been put on alert about the Rovers job. Coyle is seemingly on very thin ice. My dad said this all sounds too sensible for Rovers but he said there is too much chatter for there to be nothing in it. He also said that the powers the be at Rovers will want to keep them up at all costs as any plans they have break down if they are in league 1.

All fingers/toes crossed. Rowett would be a "Lambert" level surprise.

We can only dream.

Unfortunately we've heard similar so many times over the last few years.

Talk about Kean being on thin ice and on the brink of the sack with a decent manager waiting in the wings went on for 2 years and never materialised.

I wonder what 'plans' they could have that would break down if we are in League One? Possibly plans to continue to pocket millions from player sales which will become more difficult in League One, but certainly no footballing plans in play.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14970148.Owen_Coyle_admits_Blackburn_Rovers_need_January_investment_with_boss_in_talks_with_Venky___s/?ref=mrb&lp=3

'I have a meeting on Thursday night to try and move things on and we'll see where we get to'

The only moving on I want to see Owen is you to employment elsewhere, otherwise we know where we're going to get to.

Who does he have a meeting with? Is mystery man Pasha back in town?

• Backroom

Can't imagine many realistic candidates more suited to this job than Rowett. If our owners/board had any sense they would be in the process of binning Coyle off now and giving Rowett whatever assurances he needed to come in and save this sinking ship.

Of course, if our owners/board had any sense Coyle wouldn't be here in the first place, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Running a club that has premier league facilities in League 1 would bankrupt us in months, christ half the clubs in league 1 don't even have training grounds, we have 2! Generating player sales would be nigh on impossible in league 1 and the academy would go down the pan, there are your 2 income streams gone.

Running a club that has premier league facilities in League 1 would bankrupt us in months, christ half the clubs in league 1 don't even have training grounds, we have 2! Generating player sales would be nigh on impossible in league 1 and the academy would go down the pan, there are your 2 income streams gone.

You know it, I know it, the only people who seemingly don't are those who make the decisions and who will have to find the money to deal with it this time next year.

The price of investing in some quality in January or changing manager now and bringing in a Rowett or Davies and giving him £1 million in January is loose change compared to the cost over the next 12 months of operating this club in League One.

Like Wolves/Wigan/Leicester/Norwich you can get away with 1 year or 2 at most of unsustainable costs if you then bounce back from it and return to the Championship, infact in a perverse way it can almost be a blessing if you learn valuable lessons and sort out the finances, but the flip side is doing a Coventry or Portsmouth and that's got our name all over it with these people at the top.

You know it, I know it, the only people who seemingly don't are those who make the decisions and who will have to find the money to deal with it this time next year.

The price of investing in some quality in January or changing manager now and bringing in a Rowett or Davies and giving him £1 million in January is loose change compared to the cost over the next 12 months of operating this club in League One.

Like Wolves/Wigan/Leicester/Norwich you can get away with 1 year or 2 at most of unsustainable costs if you then bounce back from it and return to the Championship, infact in a perverse way it can almost be a blessing if you learn valuable lessons and sort out the finances, but the flip side is doing a Coventry or Portsmouth and that's got our name all over it with these people at the top.

Wolves wigan and Norwich all had parachute money still available to play with in league one. We won't have that luxury and has such a Coventry pompey scenario would be highly likely..

Unless someone somewhere has the sense to do something quick and bin Coyle get Rowett in and just give a cash boost to keep us up

Who are the powers that be ? Also the word 'plan' is rather alien at Rovers :(

Not questioning your info at all i pray to god it's right but it all flies against the grain of the Venky franchise. I hope those who might be saying this can get that message across to India, via Zurich/Brunei of course. Sounds like agents in a panic to me !

Going off the usual scenario they'll have to find someone to flog first to pay for the changes in manager and coaching staff.

Relegation for me then .. let's end this @#/? fest of insanity

Could not give a cluck if we had king Kenny back as manager #nomoreuntiltheygo

Watch us win at the weekend now.

Wolves wigan and Norwich all had parachute money still available to play with in league one. We won't have that luxury and has such a Coventry pompey scenario would be highly likely..

Unless someone somewhere has the sense to do something quick and bin Coyle get Rowett in and just give a cash boost to keep us up

Don't think Norwich had parachute money when in League One. True Wolves and Wigan did but I suppose the flip side is they will have had Premier League contracts to honour also which we surely don't have anymore, so in theory our wage bill should be more manageable than theirs was when they went down.

The obvious difference is they went down due to a series of managerial appointments that just didn't work out. Wolves with Solbakken and Saunders, Wigan with Rosler and Mackay. Both had the sense when relegated to identify where they went wrong, kept hold of their players and came straight back. Wolves got Kenny Jackett in and Wigan went in house with Caldwell.

Bolton are another lot. Not got two pennies to rub together and suffered humiliation and winding up orders last season, but on being relegated they appointed a top League One manager in Parkinson despite being under a transfer embargo and have kept all their better players like Clough, Vela, Wheater etc.

It's not rocket science yet this lot will have no idea what to do if the likely relegation happens.

I've given up trying to predict what these jokers will do next. There's no rhyme or reason to their methods other than the same outcome of bitter disappointment and betrayal. If the plan was to bleed the club out of existence, why unceremoniously dump the servile Bowyer and appoint Lambert? That arguably kept our heads above water last season.

I can't see it myself. Logical decision making and the Chicken Chokers don't belong in the same sentence I'm afraid. Nothing they've done in the past would suggest they have our best interests at heart. Sorry to shoot the messenger but I'm not having it.

The only 'plan' these monsters have is to destroy this famous old club and its community.

And the worst part is they don't give @#/? who they hurt and don't answer to anyone and NO media outlet worldwide actually cares or ever goes and asks them anything !!!!

Don't think Norwich had parachute money when in League One. True Wolves and Wigan did but I suppose the flip side is they will have had Premier League contracts to honour also which we surely don't have anymore, so in theory our wage bill should be more manageable than theirs was when they went down.

The obvious difference is they went down due to a series of managerial appointments that just didn't work out. Wolves with Solbakken and Saunders, Wigan with Rosler and Mackay. Both had the sense when relegated to identify where they went wrong, kept hold of their players and came straight back. Wolves got Kenny Jackett in and Wigan went in house with Caldwell.

Bolton are another lot. Not got two pennies to rub together and suffered humiliation and winding up orders last season, but on being relegated they appointed a top League One manager in Parkinson despite being under a transfer embargo and have kept all their better players like Clough, Vela, Wheater etc.

It's not rocket science yet this lot will have no idea what to do if the likely relegation happens.

Its only guesswork, but I reckon we will still be paying some players from the past. Do not be surprised if we are still paying the likes of Etuhu, Best and Orr too and I would almost guarantee Kean is still getting a bit. Makes me sick to the stomach to think it, but I honestly do.

I can't see it myself. Logical decision making and the Chicken Chokers don't belong in the same sentence I'm afraid. Nothing they've done in the past would suggest they have our best interests at heart. Sorry to shoot the messenger but I'm not having it.

Like i said it sounds like the partners getting restless if their plan is to bobble about in the championship whilst running players through the books and promoting youth in the hope of adding value to punt on.

Its only guesswork, but I reckon we will still be paying some players from the past. Do not be surprised if we are still paying the likes of Etuhu, Best and Orr too and I would almost guarantee Kean is still getting a bit. Makes me sick to the stomach to think it, but I honestly do.

Wasn't most of that supposed to have been brought forwards and settled on the accounts the other year in order to come out of embargo ? Front loading it was called i think. Didn't we get fed the line Cairney was sacrificed for that plus the Rudy money ?

Archived