BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Allardyce ever won any awards for his personality. One of the only good things people say about Coyle and previously about Kean was that they were really nice guys, really friendly, always happy to help bla bla bla. It's the first step on the road to winning the media crew over. No doubt making cups of tea for them in press conferences and doing whatever needs to be done to keep them on side.

One thing we haven't had for years is a nasty piece of work in the dugout who is quite happy to drop anyone and kick backsides on the training ground and at half time if the performance isn't good enough.

Lambert was the closest we got to it but I don't see him as a truly aggressive/nasty individual. He's got high standards and expects his club to try and match them, but he's not in the Ferguson/Davies/Warnock boat of falling out with and dumping anyone who doesn't pull their weight around the place.

Such characters aren't wanted at Ewood where everyone from the owners downwards are in it for the easy life. The less hassle and aggro the better, hence managers who are praised for being 'right nice blokes'

Totally agree. I used to know a PL liner in the Hughes at Rovers era who said he got more abuse from Sparky than any other manager in the league. As for Souness, well I'm too young to remember his 70s-80s heyday but I think psycho (alongside great player) would be a fair description. And as you say Allardyce wasn't exactly a stand-up bloke on the personality stakes.

Give me a prat who gets results over a great guy who doesn't any day. But as you say Venkys have the absolute opposite attitude.

• Backroom

To be in the bottom three of a league as poor as this really does say a lot about the squad and even moreso about the management at the club. There's a reason Owen had been forced into working in the backwaters of the United States, it's a shame we're having to find out first hand why.

But still, dat win against Newcastle. Makes me proud to be a Rover, etc.

Unfortunately the only people who fall for his flannel are the likes of Pasha, Cheston and the Indians themselves. The parallels between Coyle and Kean are stark and so are their many, many weaknesses as football managers.

Coyle was called out on here by many when he was appointed and it still grates with me that we were lied to by him and Cheston in this whole sorry saga. I was thinking earlier about the sacking of Berg and the first game after that was away at Barnsley. Wishful thinking though.

Unfortunately the only people who fall for his flannel are the likes of Pasha, Cheston, chaddy and the Indians themselves. The parallels between Coyle and Kean are stark and so are their many, many weaknesses as football managers.

Coyle was called out on here by many when he was appointed and it still grates with me that we were lied to by him and Cheston in this whole sorry saga. I was thinking earlier about the sacking of Berg and the first game after that was away at Barnsley. Wishful thinking though.

Changed it

Archived