SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover Talk

Kamy100

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing Kamy

I wonder if it is Bob McNair or his son who is interested in the club. cos Bob is 79/80 years old.

Rovers do have the Stadium that is PL class (oh tho it does need investment and better maintenance) and great training facilities at Brockhall plus an academy aswell.

I would said the Fenway Sport group have been the best at Liverpool. engaged with fans. Appointed Footballing people and running it with a structure in place.

Rovers need a proper owner who will invest in the club and academy, plus the stadium and like I said before running the club correctly and putting in place a proper football structure with CEO with footballing experience, director of football and manager/head coach. Plus talking to fans and engaging them in the locally. Plus proper communication.

That is why any new owner need to have an experience football CEO running the club for them and putting in place a proper football structure.

Also who has suggest Blackburn Rovers to them? is it through a Business contact? or a person working for Venkys? or maybe Dan Williams who look into buying Rovers before. does he have business interest similar to McNair? could it be someone Battersby and Currie know and met before? maybe one of the Walker family unhappy at the Venkys and how they have wrecked the club?

Good post there Chadds tbf

Lad in my team is a huge Derby fan reckons they are only there now under Mel due to the Americans.

I'm in the anyone but a Venky camp

The books look off the scale awful BUT the legacy of the Walkers combined with Venky's hubris in getting rid of the Barclays banking relationship means all the debt is Indian.

Frankly, short of promotion back to the Premier League which is something Venky's plainly are not interested in (hence the smell of what they might actually be doing), the debt is going to stay in India and never be repaid. The £85m in converted debt to shares is completely gone so the non-Indian part of the business actually doesn't look as suicidal a proposition as the full numbers suggest.

You are probably looking at a £50m one season punt to get into the promotion lottery then a £100m punt to try to stay in the Prem if we got there but if we establish ourselves back in the Prem, profits of £25m a year are quite conceivable.

Big punts, heavy odds against but at least we will be back playing football again.

Don`t know what the tax laws are in India but would Venkys not get tax relief because the club is running at a loss. Could those losses be tax deductible for the mother company.

Don`t know what the tax laws are in India but would Venkys not get tax relief because the club is running at a loss. Could those losses be tax deductible for the mother company.

Have you ever read " Catch - 22 " ? There's a minor character in the book ( Colonel Cargill ) that was in tremendous demand before the war because he was so useless as a businessman that all the companies that employed him went bust. Bigger companies hired him deliberately for tax loss purposes.

Kamy, have you been hearing about Americans possibly taking over before this NFL announcer did/didn't say something about Rovers? Why has there only been one guy who has said he saw it mentioned on the NFL programme? Doesn't seem right to me.

Bob McNair is based in Houston and owns the Houston Texans franchise.

Owen Coyle spent the last 2 years coaching Houston Dynamos.

Could our friend Owen have friends in high places?

McNair is the man who brought football back to Houston.

Good if he could................no forget it i'm dreaming.

I also heard this but wasn't going to say anything because I doubt it will happen.

It wont, but blimey, we need one of these to finally stick and fall for us. By my calculation, this is now the 27654th takeover thread since Venkys took over.

Bob McNair is based in Houston and owns the Houston Texans franchise.

Owen Coyle spent the last 2 years coaching Houston Dynamos.

Could our friend Owen have friends in high places?

How do you think he is still the manager?

The one thing I will say with absolute certainty, Venky's will never sell to British ownership or involve local control in any form or shape.

Not a healthy situation but that is the way it is with these people.

yes philipl - this has been mentioned a lot more than once. What they totally fail to see is that they have made such a Horlicks of it that its a shell of a club now, poisoned to death. That being the case , the reality is that nobody but Rovers fans would touch it with a barge pole. If that's their stance then presumably they would rather send £2million a month over from their own means . At what point does this stubbornness/pride thing or whatever it is start to become beyond ridiculous???

if we are all of the opinion that they would rather put this club down and send it out of the league than sell to british people then there are some serious protests to come.

Just suppose. If it were to happen and old Bob or his son come to Ewood wearing a stetson hat and spurs and riding a palomino horse..............

And there is 6" of snow on the ground........

FFS NOOOOO one throw anything.......PLEASE!!!!

is there actually anyone at the Club???

Seems a bit strange on the timing of it. Not going to happen before window shuts at end of Jan and therefore couldn't possibly know which division it will be in come May. That surely would make a big difference to what was agreed money wise. Would Big Bad Bob want a league one side??? We have spent 8 pages justifying why we are an attractive Championship club-we very probably wont be in 3 months time

Archived