BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover Talk

Kamy100

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm get the feeling that Venkys want all their money back 1st. If they have taken on the debt, cant see them walking away without getting close to what they wasted.

But every time, we have a Kamy Takeover thread lol

I've got more chance of winning the Olympic Games 100 metres that the Chokers have got of getting all their money back. Nobody but nobody would give them anything like what they've blown.

I maybe pessimistic but I can't see them selling at any time. They'll just carry on doing what they've been doing until we no longer exist as an effective operation. I reckon about another 4 to 5 years.

They longer they are here, the more they lose, simple as that. League one is on the Horizon and that means an even further drop in revenue. Getting rid of the club now for a pittance is the only way and they know it. The body is still under the floorboards though, so who knows?

Don't wish to add a damper but this story seems highly improbable given that there are many other clubs with more apparent attractions and that don't have all the problems and debt attached like Rovers. He looks like just another chancer anyway.

If they are still paying off a bucket load of people long since left plus more recent ones and ones still to come this situation will go on forever. The wage bill will not drop much until that's all over and it could take years whatever league we are in with them selling whatever and maybe dripping a bit in themselves to just keep it creaking along praying we keep producing players worth a bit.

I think some miss this but that seems the way it is and we are stuck with it unless something implodes it.

I've got more chance of winning the Olympic Games 100 metres that the Chokers have got of getting all their money back. Nobody but nobody would give them anything like what they've blown.

I maybe pessimistic but I can't see them selling at any time. They'll just carry on doing what they've been doing until we no longer exist as an effective operation. I reckon about another 4 to 5 years.

Best way for them to get their money back is to run us like a proper football club and get back in the Prem. They too thick to see that though.

Don't wish to add a damper but this story seems highly improbable given that there are many other clubs with more apparent attractions and that don't have all the problems and debt attached like Rovers. He looks like just another chancer anyway.

But we don't know how much debt Rovers has. IF they are desperate to get rid and have the sense to realise that the debt is gone and they're never going to get it back, and are now just prepared to cut their losses and get out, then it appears to me that a Championship club with outstanding facilities and history could be available for a knock down fee.

Of course it all depends on what Venkys want/expect for the club and if they are in a position to make demands. If they have run out of cash they might not have much choice other than to let the club go asap.

Likewise there aren't many Championship clubs on the market at the moment. It might be that Rovers are available for a quick sale.

All wishful thinking of course. Knowing Venkys the Americans would be offering £200 million and they wouldn't even bother answering the phone!

They longer they are here, the more they lose, simple as that. League one is on the Horizon and that means an even further drop in revenue. Getting rid of the club now for a pittance is the only way and they know it. The body is still under the floorboards though, so who knows?

I may be wrong but any potential financial wrongdoings can be swept under the carpet after 6 years, can they not?

There are many reasons why Rovers look a better bet than most Championship clubs given the way Venky's have financed the operation so I could see why somebody who has looked at other Championship clubs before would look at us.

We are never going to get another Jack Walker or even a Bill Fox but it would be a relief to be spared the sickening suspicion that we are quite probably a criminal front and for almost certain just a vehicle for an agent.

If they do sell then the suspicion of criminality would go away.

Maybe I am clutching at straws but now might be a good time for Venkys to get rid. The pound has recently lost around 7 to 8% in value against the rupee. This will probably be the best exchange rate from an Indian point of view for the foreseeable future. I assume debts are in Rupees and although still massive, it may be an opportunity to minimise 8% of around 100,000,000 is allot of cash.

Please sell, please, please, sell.

Andy Bayes: "re. Bob McNair investing in Rovers, I'm told the club have heard nothing"

Normally there would be disappointment at reading this, but the local media and club are likely to be the last to hear if anything does happen.

But we don't know how much debt Rovers has. IF they are desperate to get rid and have the sense to realise that the debt is gone and they're never going to get it back, and are now just prepared to cut their losses and get out, then it appears to me that a Championship club with outstanding facilities and history could be available for a knock down fee.

Of course it all depends on what Venkys want/expect for the club and if they are in a position to make demands. If they have run out of cash they might not have much choice other than to let the club go asap.

Likewise there aren't many Championship clubs on the market at the moment. It might be that Rovers are available for a quick sale.

All wishful thinking of course. Knowing Venkys the Americans would be offering £200 million and they wouldn't even bother answering the phone!

We have a pretty clear idea on debt and we don't know if they want to sell or not.

Most clubs, like any business, are always up for sale because they all have a price that cannot be refused. .

Andy Bayes: "re. Bob McNair investing in Rovers, I'm told the club have heard nothing"

Normally there would be disappointment at reading this, but the local media and club are likely to be the last to hear if anything does happen.

Just like they heard nothing about

the two Ians

So no change there then.

"Hi Andy Bayes here, have the club heard from Bob in the States?"

"Hi Andy, yes, he's been in touch and talks are on-going"

"Great, thanks"

That conversation just isn't going to happen in a million years is it?

Over last few days heard a number of rumours that Americans were looking to buy Rovers. Now over the weekend it has been mentioned on ESPN's NFL Live show that the owner of Houston Texans (Bob McNair) was looking to buy Rovers. Not clear if it was him or his son who missed their play off match as was apparently away sorting out this deal (according to NFL Live pundit).

Bob McNair has previously tried to purchase Birmingham and Reading so clearly has had a long standing interest in buying a football club and seems to have been targeting championship clubs.

If it's a Championship club he's after he better hurry up. If he doesn't mind a League 1 club then we have a bit more time

So no change there then.

"Hi Andy Bayes here, have the club heard from Bob in the States?"

"Hi Andy, yes, he's been in touch and talks are on-going"

"Great, thanks"

That conversation just isn't going to happen in a million years is it?

Come on Bob, reporter with any nous will have his moles inside the club giving him the nod and the wink.

On the other hand, local journalism's so washed up (sadly) you might be right.

Over last few days heard a number of rumours that Americans were looking to buy Rovers. Now over the weekend it has been mentioned on ESPN's NFL Live show that the owner of Houston Texans (Bob McNair) was looking to buy Rovers. Not clear if it was him or his son who missed their play off match as was apparently away sorting out this deal (according to NFL Live pundit).

Bob McNair has previously tried to purchase Birmingham and Reading so clearly has had a long standing interest in buying a football club and seems to have been targeting championship clubs.

Thanks for sharing Kamy

I wonder if it is Bob McNair or his son who is interested in the club. cos Bob is 79/80 years old.

Rovers do have the Stadium that is PL class (oh tho it does need investment and better maintenance) and great training facilities at Brockhall plus an academy aswell.

Do Americans ever do well with our footy teams though? seems like nit so much. Probably not about to happen any way.

I would said the Fenway Sport group have been the best at Liverpool. engaged with fans. Appointed Footballing people and running it with a structure in place.

Rovers needs Rovers people if those people then seek to use outsiders skills, so be it, but only under the control of Rovers people not foreigners !

Rovers need a proper owner who will invest in the club and academy, plus the stadium and like I said before running the club correctly and putting in place a proper football structure with CEO with footballing experience, director of football and manager/head coach. Plus talking to fans and engaging them in the locally. Plus proper communication.

An American who knows zip and would likely be paying for more advice? I'm with Jal on this one.

That is why any new owner need to have an experience football CEO running the club for them and putting in place a proper football structure.

Also who has suggest Blackburn Rovers to them? is it through a Business contact? or a person working for Venkys? or maybe Dan Williams who look into buying Rovers before. does he have business interest similar to McNair? could it be someone Battersby and Currie know and met before? maybe one of the Walker family unhappy at the Venkys and how they have wrecked the club?

Archived