BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover Talk

Kamy100

Was just about to say exactly the same. Blackburn Rovers has had it's soul ripped out in recent years and I for one think there are a lot of skeletons locked away that Venky's don't want anyone to see. It won't do to have a potential buyer going through the books with a fine tooth comb.

There are plenty of other clubs in the Champ that would be less hassle to buy and have more potential in the future than an old Mill Town club like ours.

Please God let me be wrong!

Exactamundo. There's a reason why Venky's have blocked any potential buyers, refused outside help (two Ians) and continue to cling to the sinking ship.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just taking a look through the Champ table at the moment - which clubs realistically are up for sale and offer the stadium, facilities and infrastructure that BRFC currently does.... AND most importantly, could be available to buy...

Wolves- has gone

Villa - has gone

Newcastle - Unavailable

Leeds - Unavailable

Birmingham - Unavailable recently bought

Derby - Unavailable recently bought

Fulham - Shahid Khan bought for 150 - 200m in 2013 so would be expensive.

Preston/Barnsley - Probably similar to Rovers and not the quality of ground or facilities

Bristol are doing okay with Billionaire owners

So that leaves;

QPR - God knows

Cardiff - Vincent Tan..... God knows

Burton - very little infrastructure....

Wigan - Whelan's family seem unwilling to sell at the moment.

Rotherham - not particularly attractive and lack infrastructure

Forest - Interesting - American deal fell through due to 'Certain Financial Details'

Add details as you please.....

But maybe - and it's a huge maybe - we could still stand out as some kind of decent proposition given the Championship's current ownership status.

God love Jack Walker and all he did for us.

I have no idea if these reports are true but I have got in touch with someone at the Houston Chronicle and she is going to check this out over the next day or so and get back to me so might have a better idea then.

It is clear that he did make serious attempts at buying Reading and Birmingham, seems he even came across to watch a Birmingham match. So clearly an interest in buying a club. No idea what scuppered those deals though.

Great work Kamy, much appreciated. As sad as it is that we're now reduced to groveling in front of some American football cretin who at best sees Rovers as a small part of a business plan, we're long past the point of being picky.

Wouldn't be that sure that Venky's would let go fully at first , my money is on a joint ownership whenever it happens. Hopefully with the V;s having a minority shareholding and a gradual run off into the sunset.

American partners would probably appeal to Barry , would it be seen as a coup in India? V's in partnership with Americans?

Makes me laugh when people look at the negatives of who could be potentially taking over, besides Oyston... THERE ARE NO WORSE OWNERS IN SPORT THAN VENKYS.

Even if this fella fails, if he puts up the money to get that set of cretins away from Blackburn Rovers then he'll do for me.

Could this be behind the rumour the other week about one of the dumb & dumber bros selling or wanting to sell his shares to a consortium ?

Pray so although anyone getting into bed with Venkys is asking for trouble. If as we suspect they are desperate for cash to run the club they could have had one of their Mr Fixits approaching this guy having seen he's after a club. Gets the Vs brand in the USA as well if they team up. Don't know whether that would be any better or not and the fact this guy just wants A club rather than Rovers itself makes it unlikely imo.

Deep Steel Blue and White ok?

If rumour is true then Rovers are the third English club who play in Blue that McNair has looked at. I hope he likes all shades...

Sadly hes a Republican Trumpeteer but on the upside seriously minted.

So what, I like Donald says it as it is, this guy i hope has seen the millions that can be made in the PL we have the Stadium we have probably one of the best training facilities in the UK, he would know investment would be required to reach the PL anybody yes anybody would be better than Venkys, if there is a god (dont mean to offend anyone) please make it happen.

Could this be behind the rumour the other week about one of the dumb & dumber bros selling or wanting to sell his shares to a consortium ?

Pray so although anyone getting into bed with Venkys is asking for trouble. If as we suspect they are desperate for cash to run the club they could have had one of their Mr Fixits approaching this guy having seen he's after a club. Gets the Vs brand in the USA as well if they team up. Don't know whether that would be any better or not and the fact this guy just wants A club rather than Rovers itself makes it unlikely imo.

I just want someone who can run the club properly, like in any other line of work... Someone who can do the job. If he can do that then it's all I expect in modern football.

It's easy to get sucked in with any takeover rumours so think it's best we save ourselves the excitement and probable embarrassment until we hear more.

Venkys were co running it with Kentaro/SEM and look at the horrendous mess that caused. The main thing in any deal would be to get those and any other hidden parasites finally away from the club. Any money coming in would need to handled by a proper structure and spent by a manager with pedigree. Give Coyle 10 million ? NO no no.

Who would run the show for this Bob and Venkys ?

Wouldn't be the first time that Fox (or whoever broke this in the States) got the club mixed up (could it have actually been a club we were playing?). They have form with this sort of thing. Here's hoping there's legs to this anyway.

This is what I said, probably another club they're looking to buy and they've got it wrong.

Over last few days heard a number of rumours that Americans were looking to buy Rovers. Now over the weekend it has been mentioned on ESPN's NFL Live show that the owner of Houston Texans (Bob McNair) was looking to buy Rovers. Not clear if it was him or his son who missed their play off match as was apparently away sorting out this deal (according to NFL Live pundit).

Bob McNair has previously tried to purchase Birmingham and Reading so clearly has had a long standing interest in buying a football club and seems to have been targeting championship clubs.

Do Americans ever do well with our footy teams though? seems like nit so much. Probably not about to happen any way.

Thanks for the info Kamy

Hope it is true.

Although there are massive blockers to any deal:

- the skeletons in the accounts

- Rao's being impossible to get hold of

- Rao's being "the worst people I've ever dealt with" Steve Gibson

- the owners being in dream world thinking they'll get their £100m back

Archived