BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover Talk

Kamy100

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I said, probably another club they're looking to buy and they've got it wrong.

Maybe they got Birmingham and Blackburn mixed up. Somebody should send this American dude an email, and tell them former premier league champions need new owners.

Caution folks.

He may not be the knight in shining armour after all:

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/why-bob-mcnair-is-the-worst-owner-in-houston-sports-history-7839734

If he wants to do that Rovers, we will have to finish 15th in the Prem every season...

I very much doubt this is tosh.

Let's see what happens- it could be that Venky's legal opinions now all point to it being impossible to liquidate any more assets of Rovers for the next 15 years. In which case they might be tempted to step to one side to someone who isn't going to be all over the LT every night.

Rovers needs Rovers people if those people then seek to use outsiders skills, so be it, but only under the control of Rovers people not foreigners !

The one thing I will say with absolute certainty, Venky's will never sell to British ownership or involve local control in any form or shape.

Not a healthy situation but that is the way it is with these people.

A new owner(s) simply cannot be any worse - period.

Who normally buys businesses with huge debts and a lack of turnover?

The answer generally isn't "well meaning, cash burning able businessmen".

The answer is nearly always "asset stripping, (yes, the actual meaning of the term, not the usage to describe our delightful owners "mistakes") poorly financed, financial professionals.

Let's not beat around the bush. We may have bias, we've been through a lot but ultimately there are many worse possible ownership scenarios than Venkys.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot more "better" ownerships, but rovers fans should always consider both sides of the coin in any situation.

An American who knows zip and would likely be paying for more advice? I'm with Jal on this one.

The one thing I will say with absolute certainty, Venky's will never sell to British ownership or involve local control in any form or shape.

Not a healthy situation but that is the way it is with these people.

What brings you to that conclusion?

Surely local money is as good as any if they want to sell.

The answer is nearly always "asset stripping, (yes, the actual meaning of the term, not the usage to describe our delightful owners "mistakes") poorly financed, financial professionals.

Let's not beat around the bush. We may have bias, we've been through a lot but ultimately there are many worse possible ownership scenarios than Venkys.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot more "better" ownerships, but rovers fans should always consider both sides of the coin in any situation.

An American who knows zip and would likely be paying for more advice? I'm with Jal on this one.

After watching that video someone posted some clubs have gone from one bad owner to another until in the end the fans picked up the scraps. However we are one good season (as long as we stay up!) away from big money and worldwide exposure, meaning it may be a worthwhile gamble for someone. We have the ground, the training facilities, and almost recent history, we are a better bet than a lot of clubs.

If they need advisors Venkys could give them Jeromes number, I'm sure he would get the place rocking again.

He's worth $3.5bn. He owns an NFL franchise.

He's not buying a 'soccer' team on the scale of Blackburn Rovers to asset strip.

There are plenty of other clubs in the Champ that would be less hassle to buy and have more potential in the future than an old Mill Town club like ours.

That surely depends on the nature of the deal (if there even is one to discuss). If Venkys have finally decided enough is enough and want a quick sale to get out of this and are prepared to let the club go at a massive loss then I can't think of many Championship clubs much easier to buy, especially when most of the 'big' clubs have been taken over recently and aren't on the market. We know nothing about whether Venkys want to sell, how desperate they are to get rid, how much debt the club really has or will have after a sale.

I've been banging this drum before but our history, name, facilities and 30,000 seat Premier League stadium is arguably worth a lot more than fanbase potential.

I can't get my hopes up about this because we've seen it so many times where a deal is there to be done only for Venkys to ruin it. The torment of knowing interested wealthy businessmen are interested only for the Indians to turn them away is too much.

If there is some truth to it from the American side it appears to be another nail in the coffin of those who refuse to accept anyone else could or would want to own Rovers.

EDIT - just seen your later post

He does have experience of owning a Sports team, all be it American Football - I'm sure there must be many similarities of ownership and day-to-day running.

As for worse possible ownership scenarios. We are over £100m in debt and on course for our second relegation under the Venkys stewardship. Not only that, they have allowed our club to be ransacked and raped by agents and money grabbing pigs with their nose in the trough - They've @#/? everything Jack had built in to the wind and show no signs of rectifying it.

You might forgive one or two on here for thinking a Billionaire NFL owner might have a bit more to offer than the scum currently occupying the Ownership title.

My biggest concern with this, is Venky's must have something to hide. Why else would they hang to it like they have? At some point it will come tumbling down, as they are clearly are running out of money to fund anything, from transfer, through to wages and even repairs to the stadium. Hopefully if they know the end game is near and someone is willing to take us on, they will say what the hell and let it all come out.

He's not buying a 'soccer' team on the scale of Blackburn Rovers to asset strip.

Of course - the point being that "venkys are the worst owners in football, ever" is still an oversight.

Jimmy - "You might forgive one or two on here for thinking a Billionaire NFL owner might have a bit more to offer than the scum currently occupying the Ownership title."

Certainly - my initial thoughts being I hope this is true, but it still would be better if Jack Mk11 was available!

There are many reasons why Rovers look a better bet than most Championship clubs given the way Venky's have financed the operation so I could see why somebody who has looked at other Championship clubs before would look at us.

We are never going to get another Jack Walker or even a Bill Fox but it would be a relief to be spared the sickening suspicion that we are quite probably a criminal front and for almost certain just a vehicle for an agent.

If they do sell then the suspicion of criminality would go away.

As long as his people did proper due diligence they'd know there is no assets left to strip so if he hung around then he might just have a plan.

There are many reasons why Rovers look a better bet than most Championship clubs given the way Venky's have financed the operation so I could see why somebody who has looked at other Championship clubs before would look at us.

We are never going to get another Jack Walker or even a Bill Fox but it would be a relief to be spared the sickening suspicion that we are quite probably a criminal front and for almost certain just a vehicle for an agent.

If they do sell then the suspicion of criminality would go away.

As long as it isn't those very ones doing the brokering and retaining their under the table interest in the club. I really wouldn't be surprised if something did happen that it would have their finger prints all over it again and a new till to put their fingers in.

Somebody worth $3bn+ usually doesn't need to accommodate the shenanigans of the likes of the Raos once he has made an acquisition.

My gut feel is this sale won't happen but it is nice to see a glimmer of hope that Venky's will be gone.

Within bounds I don't care how bad McNair is given I have a pretty good inclination about how bad the Venky's are and how utterly bleak our future is in their hands.

But what does the books say Phillip? Is it still a good prospect despite the debt?

The books look off the scale awful BUT the legacy of the Walkers combined with Venky's hubris in getting rid of the Barclays banking relationship means all the debt is Indian.

Frankly, short of promotion back to the Premier League which is something Venky's plainly are not interested in (hence the smell of what they might actually be doing), the debt is going to stay in India and never be repaid. The £85m in converted debt to shares is completely gone so the non-Indian part of the business actually doesn't look as suicidal a proposition as the full numbers suggest.

You are probably looking at a £50m one season punt to get into the promotion lottery then a £100m punt to try to stay in the Prem if we got there but if we establish ourselves back in the Prem, profits of £25m a year are quite conceivable.

Big punts, heavy odds against but at least we will be back playing football again.

The books look off the scale awful BUT the legacy of the Walkers combined with Venky's hubris in getting rid of the Barclays banking relationship means all the debt is Indian.

Frankly, short of promotion back to the Premier League which is something Venky's plainly are not interested in (hence the smell of what they might actually be doing), the debt is going to stay in India and never be repaid. The £85m in converted debt to shares is completely gone so the non-Indian part of the business actually doesn't look as suicidal a proposition as the full numbers suggest.

You are probably looking at a £50m one season punt to get into the promotion lottery then a £100m punt to try to stay in the Prem if we got there but if we establish ourselves back in the Prem, profits of £25m a year are quite conceivable.

Big punts, heavy odds against but at least we will be back playing football again.

Hmmm get the feeling that Venkys want all their money back 1st. If they have taken on the debt, cant see them walking away without getting close to what they wasted.

But every time, we have a Kamy Takeover thread lol

Archived