BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will 45pts save us.

duggy9197

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Aye, Fulham is our game in hand.

We've battled, grafted and not played half bad for the 8 points out of 12, yet we are still on the cliff edge, we'd be long gone with Coyle.

Lets just hope the trigger wasn't pulled too late...

I really think we would have been looking at 2-3 points max from the 4 games just gone. We've gone from 5 points or so adrift to outside the drop zone so either way it's a brilliant turnaround.

As you say though if we lose momentum there's little time to regain it, Mowbray is exceeding all expectations but he's got so little room for slip ups.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my take on it.

The other teams around us have similar run ins with a lot of difficult games. I know that at the end of a season there are some freak results but looking at the fixtures now we have to forget about Rotherham who are now almost gone, once conformed they will haver little else but pride to play for, they may just upset one of either Wolves or Wigan. Leeds, Huddersfield and Brighton feature heavily and will no doubt take 3 points from the games v our rivals, which helps us enormously. Interestingly, there are not many 6 pointers. Rovers have MUST WIN games versus Bristol C, Bristol have Wigan, Wolves and us, Wigan have Bristol, Wolves have Bristol and Rovers whilst Burton have none. What Burton do have is derby matches v Forest, Villa and Birmingham whilst also having to face Leeds, Huddersfield, Reading and Newcastle, all promotion chasing clubs. So the key is our 4 home games, win all and we are home and dry (almost), anything gained on the road is a bonus and the must not lose games being Forest, Bristol and Wolves.

Its interesting that of all the teams Rovers are the only away team on the last match of the season ! Could be a tasty game at Brentford.

Rovers.

Norwich A 1pt

Fulham A 1pt

PNE H 3pt

BHA A 0pt

Reading A 0pt

Barnsley H 3pt

Forest A 1pt

Bristol city H 3pt

Wolves A 1pt

Villa H 3pt

Brentford A 1pt

Wigan

Bristol City

Wolves

Burton

Bristol City (h) 1

Wigan (a) 1

Rotherham (h)3

Notts Forest (h)1

Brentford (a)

Villa (h) 0

Huddersfield (h) 0

Fulham (a) 0

Brentford (h) 1

Newcastle (a)0

Brentford (a)0

Cardiff (h) 0

Huddersfield (a)0

Ipswich (a) 0

PNE (a) 0

Notts Forest (h)1

Newcastle (a)0

Rotherham (h)3

Wolves (h)1

Bristol City (a) 1

Villa (h) 0

Barnsley (h) 1

QPR (h) 1

Brighton (h) 0

Ipswich (h)1

Brighton (a)0

Rovers (a)0

Leeds (a) 0

Birmingham (a)1

Cardiff (h) 1

Barnsley (h)1

Rovers (h)1

Leeds (h)0

Reading (a)0

Brighton (a)0

Derby (a)0

Barnsley (a) 0

Leeds (h)0

Birmingham (h)1

PNE (h)0

Reading (h) 0

i came up with the 45pts based on the last 6 seasons,i reckon it will be enough the 7pts from the last 3 home games was a great return,some tough away fixtures 4pts from the 4 away games would be tremendous.

Very ambitious to think we will only lose 2 more games this season.

It's very hard to predict, but if I had too I would look at something like this..

Norwich A 1pt

Fulham A 0pt

PNE H 1pt

BHA A 0pt

Reading A 0pt

Barnsley H 3pt

Forest A 0pt

Bristol city H 3pt

Wolves A 0pt

Villa H 1pt

Brentford A 3pt

Total 49pt's, I think we'll be fine, next season could be a real concern though regardless of who is in charge.

On 26/02/2017 at 0:14 PM, Mercerman said:

Can see a minimum of 18 points - 15 from home games and 3 from away games.  That would give us 48 points - more than enough. 

Honestly can't see why some fans are beating themselves up over whether we will escape.  We will and with some to spare.  This is a bang average league from top to bottom.  We have some decent players and we now have a decent manager.  Chill, relax and enjoy the football.

Think my post above is even more pertinent now.  This league is all about confidence and momentum which we now have.  Can't see us losing at Norwich who are in turmoil now - that will be at least another point, more likely three, on the board.  We will be as safe as houses.  Just enjoy the Rovers' renaissance.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It would be unlikely for us to go to the end of the season unbeaten so if we do lose a game lets not get hysterical.

Thats a bit to much to ask for on here TS :rolleyes:

But on the subject of survival, I said at the start of the season we'd go down, and despite our recent upturn in form I think we're still nailed on to go down looking at the fixtures. 

If its not this season, we'll go down next, because the dumbing down of the playing side will continue, they're already on record saying as much.

The only way forward:

#venkysout

Recruitment is what the summer is all about,if we are still in this division we are still a saleable club,plenty of chinese billionaires out there.With the present owners we will sell any players worth any money,then Senior will have to work his magic,:unsure: its all about TM contacts in the game,Boro had a brilliant youth system and maybe he has connections from then.

Just now, Gav said:

Thats a bit to much to ask for on here TS :rolleyes:

But on the subject of survival, I said at the start of the season we'd go down, and despite our recent upturn in form I think we're still nailed on to go down looking at the fixtures. 

If its not this season, we'll go down next, because the dumbing down of the playing side will continue, they're already on record saying as much.

The only way forward:

#venkysout

Cost cutting does not have to mean "dumbing down of the squad". The right manager can build a squad better and more balanced than ours using loans, frees and young players. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Cost cutting does not have to mean "dumbing down of the squad". The right manager can build a squad better and more balanced than ours using loans, frees and young players. 

I'm afraid it does, we're a classic case in point, a shining example of what can be achieved by selling all your best assets and replacing them with loans, fress and young players.

But if you don't get it by now you never will......

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Loans, frees and youngsters were going to get us into the champions league. Oh - and a massive 5 mill a year.

you don't really believe what you've just wrote, do you - after everything that's gone on? Maybe someone should tell Chelsea and Man U where theyre going wrong.

I'm all for alternative views, my god we need a few round here, but that claim is so outlandish he's got to be on the wind-up.

Not even the most ardent Rovers fan thinks that, do they?

You are saying relegation is a foregone conclusion because of the need to trim the wage bill. I disagree with that. I'm not saying we will win the league,but with some astute signings we can get higher up the table than we are now. 

If you go with Coyles approach of signing players like Brown and Greer and loans like Byrne and Samuelson ,we probably would end up going down. But coyle has been shown up for the spoofer that he is.

I am confident that things will improve this summer. The club is bigger and better than the owners. 

We have for the 1st time in over a year a good feeling about the club,we all put up with coil because we knew venkys were on the p2ss take,it was criminal that he allowed to manage for so long,can really understand fans getting a tad excited its just the ones that sit back and look at the bigger picture that know the truth.VENKYS OUT.

40 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sorry, heard this before. Theoretically it can happen the way you suggest. realistically, it won't. The "V Factor" will see to that.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

You could argue Southampton are doing ok.

Southampton got the model right for a few seasons, the production line kept producing, they're an exception to the rule no doubt about that, but have spent £200m over the past 4 seasons I read somewhere.

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'm all for alternative views, my god we need a few round here, but that claim is so outlandish he's got to be on the wind-up.

Not even the most ardent Rovers fan thinks that, do they?

Were you not calling for him to be banned the other day for having 'alternative views'?

Archived