BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will 45pts save us.

duggy9197

16 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Nobody said anything about being taken seriously. I would obviously agree with you and actually do agree with the 'sentiment' of what GAV is saying. That is not my point. It is the belittling and treatment that King Gav hands out to anyone that has a different view that winds me up...yet he calls others WUM's. Then he always sites how he is a seasoned poster as if that makes him more of a fan and more in the know.

Anyway, nice to meet most of you. 

Nice on TJ, hows the dog :tu:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you could back it up,you can say whatever you want.

I said that cost cutting doesn't have to guarantee a worse squad.

I said that I am optimistic we will have a better summer than the last few years and can improve on this season.

Do some of you even read posts before commenting? I don't think you do. 

Who was it said " doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is madness " ?

• Backroom
33 minutes ago, 47er said:

So, if I write that I believe Venkys have seen the light at last and I believe we will have a really successful season next, totally ignoring Senior's announcement of further cost-cutting, in the name of free speech I deserve to be taken seriously?

The result would be this site would become as daft as the club site was and die.

You should be free to think that without repeated hounding and insults from another poster, certainly.

I'd hope such an opinion would lead to a decent debate instead of being accused of trolling or being a wind-up.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who was it said " doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is madness " ?

Albert Einstein:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Einstein would be devastated at events at Ewood. Regular on the Darwen End in his day. 

Read the last sentence Mike. You cannot deny we have had people on here in the past

who have deliberately wound people up and have been banned, in some cases permanently.

So, it's not as black and white as you are presenting.

Its a matter of judgement as to who is trolling and who is simply very irritating.

The judgement is, of course, your's but what I'm reading isn't filling me with confidence.

Certainly, we all want genuine and forceful debate, without being too "prissy" about everything but we don't want to become a second home for every nutter with nothing better to do-----do we?

I'll leave it there and put the people who annoy me on ignore which I have been meaning to do but not got round to it.

Life is too short

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yet to hear any concrete proof of this or even what has been said. 

Some ex players have told me that he is a great fella altogether 

Can you not see the irony here? You say you've yet to"hear any concrete proof" about what people think of Senior, then go on to say "some ex players have told me.... etc" without providing ANY EVIDENCE, LET ALONE PROOF, AT ALL!

So are you on the wind-up or just thick? I honestly cannot see any 3rd possibility.

• Backroom
Just now, 47er said:

Read the last sentence Mike. You cannot deny we have had people on here in the past

who have deliberately wound people up and have been banned, in some cases permanently.

So, it's not as black and white as you are presenting.

Its a matter of judgement as to who is trolling and who is simply very irritating.

The judgement is, of course, your's but what I'm reading isn't filling me with confidence.

Certainly, we all want genuine and forceful debate, without being too "prissy" about everything but we don't want to become a second home for every nutter with nothing better to do-----do we?

I'll leave it there and put the people who annoy me on ignore which I have been meaning to do but not got round to it.

Life is too short

The stupid thing is that ignoring someone works! Especially since the new skin.

My advice is the same to everyone, ignore those that you think are WUMs and you starve them of attention. If it becomes obvious to mods that they wind up far too many people, they get banned.

12 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Some will say Paul Senior is Flash Gordon but without the abbs

No, Paul Senior will say he's Flash Gordon - smug , snake oil salesman. If we stay up then cue the look what I did speech.

33 minutes ago, 47er said:

Can you not see the irony here? You say you've yet to"hear any concrete proof" about what people think of Senior, then go on to say "some ex players have told me.... etc" without providing ANY EVIDENCE, LET ALONE PROOF, AT ALL!

So are you on the wind-up or just thick? I honestly cannot see any 3rd possibility.

No,it is not irony. I said that TO SHOW HOW EASY IT IS TO JUST MAKE SOMETHING UP. 

Understand now? 

bdsl is on the wind up for sure,but i doubt even senior opened accounts at every messageboard affilated to premiership clubs 6 yrs ago thinking he might get a job with them one day.Like mike says you feed him he will continue.ps the threads about how many points we need to stay up and i reckon we will be safe with a few games to go.

4th bottom have got 52 points in the recent past so don't think that 45 guarantees safety- it doesn't.

I am clinging to:

- Mowbray resembles a football manager 

- there are other teams near us which are either dire or in club self-destruct mode

- we probably won't have to go down in order to play Fleetwood next season

7 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

bdsl is on the wind up for sure,but i doubt even senior opened accounts at every messageboard affilated to premiership clubs 6 yrs ago thinking he might get a job with them one day.Like mike says you feed him he will continue.ps the threads about how many points we need to stay up and i reckon we will be safe with a few games to go.

Pretty sure that's not what Mike said. But look I am becoming aware that reading people's actual posts before wading in with what you think they said is not the done thing here. 

I have been on other message boards in the past,on various topics but I have never seen one where debate and conversation is shut down by a mob,sorry seasoned posters, quicker than on here. The man is played ahead of the ball in any instance where there is an "alternative view" ,but the worst thing is that people don't actually read or maybe comprehend what others say before wading in. 

You ask a question "what's our scouting network set up at the moment" and nobody answers,but you say "I am more optimistic about this summer,provided we stay up,than I have been since Venkys took over ,with supporting evidence why and it is post after post playing the man. Next thing after a few posts the conversation has completely veered away from what was said and is back to the usual stuff that ,I for one ,am sick to the death of hearing. We all know what happened over the last 6 years at the club. We all know about Anderson. Does this have to infiltrate every single thread everytime someone says something semi-positive about the club at the moment? 

Anyway,I think 4 wins from our remaining games will keep us up. 

10 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

Like I have said before, there is a possibility that this poster is using an account, set up by someone else a while ago. If I decided to give you my log in details for example, how would anyone know, you weren't actually me?  I haven't posted about him recently, as his posts have become more sensible and sterile, but maybe they are turning again. Some of them were very odd to say the least and strangely sporadic too, in the early days.

• Backroom
13 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Einstein would be devastated at events at Ewood. Regular on the Darwen End in his day. 

I heard Albert and Gandhi Babu were an inseparable duo back in the day. Burnley fans looking for a ruck could always find a scrap with those two. Then Albert died and Babu sold out for the almighty rupee... tragic times. 

15 hours ago, Gav said:

Nice on TJ, hows the dog :tu:

I did wonder how long it would take before I was accused of being someone...did not think after just a single post though...must be a record? Unfortunately, I am not TJ or his dog, Pasha, Senior, Coyle, Lowe, or anyone else along those lines. 

Anyhow, back on topic. Yes I believe 45 pts will be enough and I think we will get them and more.

Yep, it's a poor Rovers team all right. Even with a good manager in charge from the start of the season it's still a lower table side. We've given ourselves a chance of staying up but it's going to be a nail biter all the way. 

Fundamental restructuring of the squad is required in the summer, which Mowbray if he has any nous will realise. Wouldn't be surprised if he walked away if he doesn't get backing from above - I doubt he's that desperate for a job. 

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Yep, it's a poor Rovers team all right. Even with a good manager in charge from the start of the season it's still a lower table side. We've given ourselves a chance of staying up but it's going to be a nail biter all the way. 

Fundamental restructuring of the squad is required in the summer, which Mowbray if he has any nous will realise. Wouldn't be surprised if he walked away if he doesn't get backing from above - I doubt he's that desperate for a job. 

The average annual salary for a managing director in UK is currently £108k. I'm sure Mowbray will be on at least that and some and as a consequence would be unlikely to walk away. Lambert 'walked away' allegedly and look at him now.

In the world of football, there's not many that are desperate for a job. They all live on a different planet to the rest of us.

13 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I agree that Rovers are a poor team. But Mercerman is quite right this a poor league. I think with a decent management team who could have got fitness and tactics better I think Rovers could have been pushing the edge of the playoffs.

At the risk of sounding wee Owen, with the exception of the first two games of the season no team has giving us a pasting. Sure on the pitch we lacked leadership, ran out of steam after an hour and generally looked like we did not know what we were doing but that IMO comes down to poor management.

I feel if Warnock had turned up instead of wee Owen this season would have been very different. If only someone during the summer had a bit of vision and declared it an opportunity.....eh Venky's?

This is an interesting topic. Personally, I think the squad is a half decent team BUT ONLY IF they had been set up right from the very first kick off. Coyle has a proven record of failure and he has failed from day one when we were embarrassed by a Norwich team who simply passed and moved their way through the Rovers team on that day. The story continued until his dreadful reign was ended.

Look at how he put his belief in Lowe as a driving force of a captain, that was his first mistake. The use of Henley as a right back was another, his lack of use of substitutions, a plan b or c, a lack of tactical nouse. a lack of knowing his best 11, team set up and tactics were awol, players played out of position, players not knowing their roles, a lack of width and creativity, the spat with Marshall, not trusting youth in Wharton and Mahoney, maybe Willemson as well.

The team have shown they have the fight, the skill, the work ethic, the togetherness and the will to win BUT we needed a football manager at the helm not a failure of a pillock which we had. I look at the losses to Wigan. Bristol City, Leeds, Reading, PNE and then look at the doubles over Derby and NUFC, the painful draws v Sheff Wed, Wolves and Burton (twice) and there is the basis of a good Championship team. With direction, with tactical knowledge Rovers could and should be a comfortable top 10 team, the league is relatively poor BUT we should be much higher.

Instead, the lack of off field backing, Chestons inept skills as a gopher, it sees us languishing and in danger. We are far better than a Barnsley, Ipswich, Huddersfield . We are better or equal to Reading, Leeds and PNE yet we appear to be so far away from them in terms of performance on the pitch.

If we survive, and I remain confident that we will, then the team should thrive under Mowbray IF he is allowed to add the right type of players to the squad.

Archived