BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

Just now, Saxo4eva42 said:

If we could get 2m I'd sell. Can buy a decent league one centre back for half that, and the owners can get a little bit back for their expenditure this window too.

Say what? Reinvest in someone younger with a greater resell potential - downgrading gets you downwards.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Say what? Reinvest in someone younger with a greater resell potential - downgrading gets you downwards.

He's looking for a reaction. Take a look at how many posts he's made in the past 15 minutes - all either criticising Tugay or praising Venkys. Clearly in it for one reason only. Ignore it.

Aside from that, if the offer was 2.5m and there was the potential to spend that money I'd take it in a heartbeat. You can get a younger defender for that money + another player. That said I also wouldn't say no to having Mulgrew in our team all year providing he's fit

7 minutes ago, Saxo4eva42 said:

If we could get 2m I'd sell. Can buy a decent league one centre back for half that, and the owners can get a little bit back for their expenditure this window too.

I don't care about the owners getting anything back but on the flipside if its down to the manager and that ends up happening I don't mind it either as long as it's down to him.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

He's looking for a reaction. Take a look at how many posts he's made in the past 15 minutes - all either criticising Tugay or praising Venkys. Clearly in it for one reason only. Ignore it.

Aside from that, if the offer was 2.5m and there was the potential to spend that money I'd take it in a heartbeat. You can get a younger defender for that money + another player. That said I also wouldn't say no to having Mulgrew in our team all year providing he's fit.

Where have I praised Venkys?

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

I don't care about the owners getting anything back but on the flipside if its down to the manager and that ends up happening I don't mind it either as long as it's down to him.

I'm going off the assumption that our owners would want something back this window. If that's via mulgrews sale, and we get 1m of it to replace him, then its making good of bad, if you get me?

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Aside from that, if the offer was 2.5m and there was the potential to spend that money I'd take it in a heartbeat. You can get a younger defender for that money + another player. That said I also wouldn't say no to having Mulgrew in our team all year providing he's fit

Yeah, he's been banned a few times already I believe.

I think playing in central defense Mulgrew won't suffer as many injuries as in the center of the park. He's still got a few good years in him at L1 and Championship level, so I'd be in no rush to sell. Either £2.5m or let him go for free when he's 33-34 and we win promotion back to the Premier League.

17 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Rumors on twitter that we have rejected a bid from Sheffield Wednesday for Mulgrew.

Would be a huge blow for him to leave how much would you accept for him?

No figure. 

I think Mowbray has convince Mulgrew to stay this season and lead the team back to Championship

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No figure. 

I think Mowbray has convince Mulgrew to stay this season and lead the team back to Championship

I agree, Chaddy. He is worth more than £2.5 million to the team. How much would promotion be worth?

However, I have always suspected that V's would cash in on Mulgrew and end an apparently positive window with a profit. Otherwise, I think Mowbray would have made him captain.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No figure. 

Can't agree. Every player has a price and account has to be taken of his injury record. If he stayed fit that would be a different matter but he clearly won't get through a testing season

48 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Rumors on twitter that we have rejected a bid from Sheffield Wednesday for Mulgrew.

Would be a huge blow for him to leave how much would you accept for him?

They are trying to get a bargain because of his injury record and the fact we were relegated.   His runs from defense, passing, experience, leadership and set pieces will be something that other teams in League 1 just won't have. Simply, the guy is a class act and we will not get a replacement of the same quality. I would go as far as saying that holding onto him would be a coup and huge signal of intent as to how serious we are about going straight back up. 

No, he won't play every game and will need to be managed, but a rovers team next season with Mulgrew in it is better than the one we will have without him.

Imagine we are playing Wigan in a championship decider. Would you want Mulgrew there? 

Just now, Torgeir said:

Sorry, won't tell, but I can let you know that you will be banned again before midnight tonight. :)

Yet I'll be back and back and back and back, until they figure a way to make it not possible for me. Give me a principle to fight for, and I'm a persistent fcker.

40 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Holden?...If so, my favourite Rovers summariser!

"And into the second half, and Rovers were rampant. In the 58th minute Scott Sellars, with his wand of a left foot, jinked and turned before delivering yet another superb cross. Who was there to score the 4th? Well, it could only be one man and there's only one Simon Garner who made it look easy sweeping the ball home before saluting the delirious Blackburn End. 4 0 and maybe more to come."

Sonething like that anyway!

1 hour ago, Saxo4eva42 said:

Sounds good business sense to be honest in theory if quality is like for like. I'd much rather prefer that any sales is reinvested into the squad or improving the structure rather than lining the pockets of the owners. Don't get me wrong I'm not anti or pro regime. If we are serious about promotion we need to assemble a squad fit for that purpose.

Archived