BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

3 hours ago, TBTF said:

really??? How do Dack, Whitingham, Gladwin Smallwood and Samuel  bring you to that conclusion?  Most have either not cut it in the championship or hardly ever played there.

Mowbray is signing League one players who know league one and will hopefully have  enough to get us out .Beyond that since we got relegated we have played a few pub teams and won and all of a sudden all is well ?.

I reserve judgement on this brave new world that some seem to think is upon us. No problem with a straight bloke like Mowbray after what's been before but we still have the Venky factor and transfer deadline day to get past yet......oh and the simplest of tasks in putting a few wins on the board .

Frankly I just cant get myself up for this season at all. I cant come to terms with how we have got here and what these feckwits have done to us.....and they are still here and will carry on doing us.

Not asking anybody to agree with me but its just how I feel about the whole sorry mess.

To me the squad is stronger. Look at who left and who we have signed up. 

Out: 

Henley,

Lowe

Stokes

Steele

Greer

Brown

Akpan

Mahoney 

In: 

Gladwin

Dack

Samuel 

Smallwood

Whittingham 

Caddis

Nuttall

Now out of all the players we signed there is not a single one from the above that I would want to have kept over the replacement we have got in so in that respect yes in my eyes the squad in stronger and better than before. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
1 hour ago, Saxo4eva42 said:

Yet I'll be back and back and back and back, until they figure a way to make it not possible for me. Give me a principle to fight for, and I'm a persistent fcker.

Do you not think it's just a tiny bit pathetic?

7 minutes ago, Saxo4eva42 said:

Massively, but its the principle. Explain posters like Stuart for example? Or latterly, Abbey..? They post/posted easily as provocativly without censure. Why?

Because free speech is probably welcomed & endorsed. I switch my ears off & my eyes more importantly when certain people post.

56 minutes ago, robfranlong81 said:

I'd like to think we can keep Mulgrew. He was part of the squad that took us down and hopefully wants to be part of the squad that takes us back up. 

I'm not sure I'd love to keep him but after his come and get me a few weeks ago. Barring Wednesday interest there's been very little. I feel if we keep him and stays fit we would be hard beaten 

6 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

I'm not sure I'd love to keep him but after his come and get me a few weeks ago. Barring Wednesday interest there's been very little. I feel if we keep him and stays fit we would be hard beaten 

Well, at least that is relevant on a transfer thread.  Unlike some posts above.

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

Out: 

Henley,

Lowe

Stokes

Steele

Greer

Brown

Akpan

Mahoney 

In: 

Gladwin

Dack

Samuel 

Smallwood

Whittingham 

Caddis

Nuttall

Now out of all the players we signed there is not a single one from the above that I would want to have kept over the replacement we have got in so in that respect yes in my eyes the squad in stronger and better than before. 

Mahoney over nuttall but I get your point and agree with the others 

2 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

To be honest that's exactly the figure I was thinking while he is a huge part of our defense he's 31 now and I'd imagine his fitness record is not going to improve with age. 

As long as TM is in control of the signing of replacements I could accept £2.5 if we have the replacement/replacements lined up.

Again the assumption being made is that if we sell a certain player that money can be used to buy a replacement.

That is not normal Venky procedure.

Therefore,keep him.

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

Out: 

Henley,

Lowe

Stokes

Steele

Greer

Brown

Akpan

Mahoney 

In: 

Gladwin

Dack

Samuel 

Smallwood

Whittingham 

Caddis

Nuttall

Some would say at this stage too early to say or game isn't played on paper but after all we've been through I want to give these lads 100% support.

COYB

11 hours ago, Garage Flower said:

We all saw Raya last season towards the end and we all saw Steele during the course of the season. We all know who looked the better keeper, we all know who gave the defence confidence and who didn't.

Raya is good enough to be our number one this season in a season we should be aiming to win the league. Until he does something to show he isn't that's fine with me.

We need another striker, we need some pace, we need a left back and we might need a centre half. Can take or leave a back up keeper personally, we've already got one.

Tbf what gave the confidence towards the end of the season was Mulgrew and Lenihan returning.

In order of preference, I'd like:

1) New, experienced keeper (even on loan)

2) Raya

3) Not Steele

As as things stand we are not in a better position as we are an unfortunate injury away from no keeper.

Just now, MGPensioner said:

in the old days when football was fun and TMs Dad was teaching his lad about blood n snot.... there was 1 sub and if your keeper went  off the centre forward went in the nets.

Can anyone name Rovers outfield players who graced our sticks???

Didn't Shearer once go in goal for us?

3 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I agree, Chaddy. He is worth more than £2.5 million to the team. How much would promotion be worth?

However, I have always suspected that V's would cash in on Mulgrew and end an apparently positive window with a profit. Otherwise, I think Mowbray would have made him captain.

I think he will announce shortly as captain

3 hours ago, dallydally said:

Can't agree. Every player has a price and account has to be taken of his injury record. If he stayed fit that would be a different matter but he clearly won't get through a testing season

But he worth more to us in terms of leading us and playing then selling. 

I think his fitness will be better under Mowbray. Played last 180 mins of football of pre season..

Assuming there was no money left in the pot after the signings of Samuel and Dack (and Gladwin if we really paid QPR to take him off their hands), and assuming that the £500,000 for Steele is going to be going into Mowbray's pot (hard to believe given Venkys track record but Mowbray seems to be under the impression he will be getting some/all of it to re-invest) then I don't think we should be selling Mulgrew as a means to raise funds. 

If we've got at least £500,000 to spend on players then I think we should loan/free agent a back-up experienced goalkeeper then use the remaining dosh to sign one or two attacking players of League One top quality. Then, assuming we keep everyone else, we should be nearly there squad wise subject to maybe a late loan addition or two depending on what is available at the last minute.

We certainly shouldn't be relying wholly on loans at this stage to carry us over the line. Need another couple ideally before the season kicks off.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Assuming there was no money left in the pot after the signings of Samuel and Dack (and Gladwin if we really paid QPR to take him off their hands), and assuming that the £500,000 for Steele is going to be going into Mowbray's pot (hard to believe given Venkys track record but Mowbray seems to be under the impression he will be getting some/all of it to re-invest) then I don't think we should be selling Mulgrew as a means to raise funds. 

If we've got at least £500,000 to spend on players then I think we should loan/free agent a back-up experienced goalkeeper then use the remaining dosh to sign one or two attacking players of League One top quality. Then, assuming we keep everyone else, we should be nearly there squad wise subject to maybe a late loan addition or two depending on what is available at the last minute.

We certainly shouldn't be relying wholly on loans at this stage to carry us over the line. Need another couple ideally before the season kicks off.

It's common knowledge we bid for Bostwick so there was some.

31 minutes ago, meadows said:

Garner went in v Ipswich night match early on one season night game we won 1-0 I think Hendry scored. Can't remember him saving a pen

Didn't he go in goal during a torrential downpour against West Brom 1 Saturday at Ewood?  Don't think he saved a pen, that might be an urban myth.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Why do you think there is no money?

Archived