BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

12 hours ago, meadows said:

It was Vince O'Keefe who got injured v Ipswich, of all things a broken leg. He missed the rest of the season and only played a couple more the following season before moving on. 

Vince was in the next bed to me in hospital after that incident - it must have been around August/September 1987? I got crocked in a game at Turton the same evening.

Edit. And I must be some sort of jinx for Rovers players because reading down the thread I was also at the dentist (O'Connors in Darwen) at the same time as Sir Roger and David Bradford, who had both come in to have dental repair work done after a particularly brutal game in the mid 70s (it might have been that Shrewsbury game, I have no idea). It certainly took the edge off having a tooth out meeting those two that day as a young lad!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will have played four league games and a few mickey mouse trophy trot arounds by the time the window closes.

As a League 1 outfit, we will be way down the pecking order for season loan deals so I suspect we will be seeing action at the end of the window. I am amazed that we already have a squad which it looks like it could do the business- most unVenky's like.

Provided we don't get unlucky with injuries or red cards, we can probably get away with the forces we have already for four games but undoubtedly need more if we are not going to be relying on kids as the season progresses.

With Conway already a doubt for the opener, along with Mulgrew and Evans who could pick up injuries playing slots, we need to strenghten sooner rather than later. I think we made the most important aqcuisitions to the squad early, which is good, now it's only a matter of trimming the fringes.

18 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Vince was in the next bed to me in hospital after that incident - it must have been around August/September 1987? I got crocked in a game at Turton the same evening.

Edit. And I must be some sort of jinx for Rovers players because reading down the thread I was also at the dentist (O'Connors in Darwen) at the same time as Sir Roger and David Bradford, who had both come in to have dental repair work done after a particularly brutal game in the mid 70s (it might have been that Shrewsbury game, I have no idea). It certainly took the edge off having a tooth out meeting those two that day as a young lad!

I have visions of Andy Kennedy inbetween the sticks at some point but can't recall where or when ?

I can see us bringing in at least one more new signing before the season starts. I hope it's defensive minded with the view of loaning a hungry young striker from a PL club. There's a winger at Utd called Zachary Dearnley I saw play once last year - he was unbelievable. Ravaged with injuries last year from what I hear but I wouldn't mind someone like that coming for the season. A young lad at a big club looking to make an impact.

As for the defender is there anything else in this Bostwick move? 

3 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

Mike passes his daily press release to the LT... who passes it to Chaddy.... who passes it to us

However Mike now has his newly installed toy...The Venky Sign... so he can bypass the LT and Chaddy and go direct... pity it doesn't work for India

Rovers board.jpg

Why are scousers so crap at football ?

Scousers out !

18 hours ago, bob fleming said:

"And into the second half, and Rovers were rampant. In the 58th minute Scott Sellars, with his wand of a left foot, jinked and turned before delivering yet another superb cross. Who was there to score the 4th? Well, it could only be one man and there's only one Simon Garner who made it look easy sweeping the ball home before saluting the delirious Blackburn End. 4 0 and maybe more to come."

Sonething like that anyway!

Re Bell,who was lying prone in the Barnsley penalty area and somehow got his head to a ball to force it into the net..

"Bell reared up like a startled sheep to send the ball past the hapless keeper.."

Loved him....

2 hours ago, Craigman said:

This user has only 1 tweet, not the official Bristol City account!!

Ha Ha, Chaddy now gone quiet on this because the twitter account he has been relying on to get his Big News Hot Off The Press onto the messageboard first......In a kind of gloaty fashion, seems to be dodgy.  This one has come back and bitten his sorry arse......

24 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Offer the Steele money (and any other loose change) for Bogle, dammit!

Chuck the Mulgrew money at him too. Answers our problems. @Dunnfc will wet the bed over him. 

2 hours ago, Craigman said:

This user has only 1 tweet, not the official Bristol City account!!

Yeah it has. Sorry about that

Here the local paper linking him there

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-speculation-grown-around-middlesbrough-249175

Bristol city fans seem confident about them signing Ripley and Baker today

• Backroom

Bogle on the transfer list at £800k 

Thats one we should stretch to make happen but think he'll go back to the championship 

Following on from Tom's post

BOGLE CAN LEAVE WIGAN

Sky sources understand Omar Bogle has been placed on the transfer list by Wigan.

Paul Cook doesn’t believe the player fits into his style of play.

Ipswich, QPR and Barnsley have all expressed interest in taking the forward.

Wigan are thought to value him at £800,000.

1 minute ago, dallydally said:

According to Sky Sports Sheffield Wednesday have bid a derisory 100K for Mulgrew. Rovers turned it down!

The classic Harry Redknapp 'unsettle them first' approach. I've got to say, I admire it.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, J*B said:

The classic Harry Redknapp 'unsettle them first' approach. I've got to say, I admire it.

Never mind that; what did Derek Bogle have to say?

9 minutes ago, dallydally said:

According to Sky Sports Sheffield Wednesday have bid a derisory 100K for Mulgrew. Rovers turned it down!

Although its clearly a bid to unsettle Mulgrew, i'd be turning down every single approach from Wednesday from now on for him after such an insulting opening bid.

Sheff Weds sniffed around Hanley, Duffy, Rhodes and Marshall, remember the 2 and a half year medical, about time they realised they ain't going to get a player on the cheap from Rovers.

Tell them 2 million or get stuffed.

Archived