BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

So you ll be wanting TM sacked if hes won seven games and we just happen to be fourth ? 

The top 2 is irrelevant until the final game has been played .

No he'd get extra time but if there becomes a gap and get drifted then yes he will have to go.

Top 2 and let's have some standards please.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dunnfc has been wanting Mowbray since he was appointed

To be fair mate, you initially didn't want Mowbray.....

Just now, Dunnfc said:

No he'd get extra time but if there becomes a gap and get drifted then yes he will have to go.

Top 2 and let's have some standards please.

But Dunn..we could win all the first ten games and still not be in the top 2 ?

Your in the "top 2" makes no sense at all after ten games.If you d said after 46 then yes .

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

But Dunn..we could win all the first ten games and still not be in the top 2 ?

Your in the "top 2" makes no sense at all after ten games.If you d said after 46 then yes .

That's true hence we can't afford to drop points or by coming adrift which is more the point I was trying to make albeit poorly! After ten games the table starts to define itself if we are say 10th and 10 points off then you'd say he ought to go etc.

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I don't mind TM he's just another manager though this one similar to Bowyer at least is genuine. TM has a track record of good 18 months then goes to pieces. I thought he did ok last year, same points return as Nigel Clough with a slightly easier run in. He did enough for me to be given a chance but it's to be assessed though I wouldn't worry to much as Cheston couldn't sack Coyle!

In Dunnfc's defence, and it's hard to do that as we certainly don't see eye-to-eye on footballing terms, I don't think it is as much a personal attack on TM but moreover an unrealistic expectation on who we should be signing/where we should be.

We should finish in the top 2 - yes.

Will I panic if we aren't in the top 2 after 10 games - no.

But he is right in saying if we don't win the majority of our first 10 games then TM should come under question. We shouldn't make rash decisions based upon league position though. If we win 7 out of our 10 but we are 5th, for example, then I am happy. If we win 4 out of our first 10 and somehow end up 6th (this is hugely hypothetical) then questions have to be asked because 4 wins out of 10 is not good enough for promotion. Early league position is minor.

Dunnfc is seemingly of the opinion we have a God given right to walk this league and sign whoever the hell we want. Truth be told we aren't an attractive club right now and certainly aren't a club you'd expect to walk any league. Anything could happen tomorrow with these cowboys.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

In Dunnfc's defence, and it's hard to do that as we certainly don't see eye-to-eye on footballing terms, I don't think it is as much a personal attack on TM but moreover an unrealistic expectation on who we should be signing/where we should be.

We should finish in the top 2 - yes.

Will I panic if we aren't in the top 2 after 10 games - no.

But he is right in saying if we don't win the majority of our first 10 games then TM should come under question. We shouldn't make rash decisions based upon league position though. If we win 7 out of our 10 but we are 5th, for example, then I am happy. If we win 4 out of our first 10 and somehow end up 6th (this is hugely hypothetical) then questions have to be asked because 4 wins out of 10 is not good enough for promotion. Early league position is minor.

Dunnfc is seemingly of the opinion we have a God given right to walk this league and sign whoever the hell we want. Truth be told we aren't an attractive club right now and certainly aren't a club you'd expect to walk any league. Anything could happen tomorrow with these cowboys.

Finally ..a post with a little realism.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dunnfc has been wanting Mowbray since he was appointed

I'm assuming you mean 'wanting Mowbray out'... if so... YOU DIDN'T WANT MOWBRAY EITHER!

42 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

What is the bare minimum you expect from 10 games then?

More wins than draws and losses and we are on the right tracks. I think the romanticism of some looking back to Kendals era is nice but these days if you start like they did back then you tend to stay where you are.

In or around top 4 needed after 10 games imo it only takes one team to start galloping away with it then you've got another 6 maybe fighting it out for 2nd spot all season.

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

Why sign him or why is he about to be released? He has fallen out with the Manager apparently and has not scored in 9 months. However he claims he only started a few games. Proven at Premiership level and only 33. Maybe worth a punt

Proven to be sh1te :D

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Good signing? Have you watched him play? This is a guy who could not dislodge Jason Steele.

You should only sign players to improve the squad, this window has been a bit of a farce in that respect tbf.

We have improved the squad this window, so I think your point is mute. Most fans agree. 

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Look at the signings;

Nutall - Aberdeen thought he was pish, couldn't hack Scottish L1. If this isn't to make sure we've 11 players on a pitch development squad wise then I don't know. 21 ain't he? Waste of wages at a key time.

Caddis - One of the better ones but freed by Bury and Big Club recently, wrong side of 30 and a two year deal for a player who will be to slow in the Championship next year. Should have been 1 year deal MAX.

Smallwood - I berated it at the time, I've seen two games now pre season bar tackling this guy looks woeful and clumsy. Another ex Mowbray man which shows a lack a lack of recruitment nous especially when you've scouts, Venus and TM both talking about recruitment yet this guy in there phone book rocks up. Wanted by Burton, milllwall and Bolton who will all be joining this league next year speaks volumes let alone failing to be a regular in a Scunthorpe side and loaned out by the poorest season performance by a team "Rothetham" I've seen for a while.

Gladwin - Another who looks poor and negative opinions of Swindow and QPR fans though I actually think his confidence is shot. Hardly wanted anywhere but Rovers sign him up for a few years, why?

Whittingham - Would have been good a few years ago, tail end of his career and looks like he finds it difficult to be mobile, yet fans said the same about Evans and Guthrie last year, so he's not going to fit a 4-4-2 limiting our tactics to some one lone frontman style. Got Damny Murphy all over it, hope I'm wrong though as again we've got him for two years!

Dack - rate the lad and I've been calling him out as a future signing, his off year last year happens. Think he will run midfield with Evans.

Samuel - Same as above but another in TMs mobile probably as I think he was at Coventry. Got potential and the height to be a target man, decent finisher not rapid but quick just needs to learn composure. 

Jayson - why sign a keeper who realistically won't challenge your number 1? A lad who couldn't displace Steele and another one from TMs phone book.

All in all it doesn't look well researched despite the amount of time they've had and scouts at the club, not very imaginative. Lot pending on Whittingham making a big impact and still having both a heart and legs for a long season this and next year.

For the record I don't think technically perhaps Whitts are on Guthries level. I'd have Lowe over Smallwood. I'm equally balanced but call it as it is, I'm not optimistic nor pessimistic bar Chaddy who tries to relate anything negative I say to TM.

Judge is out on TM, helped take us down partially and I'm not convinced we are good enough for top 2, need goals especially when Graham's hip pops again.

Someone is over confident!! 

34 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

7 wins from the manager.

Top 2

No excuses

Being in and around the top 4/6 would be a perfectly okay start from the first 10 games of a 46 game season. Look at Sheff united last season they didn't start amazingly they were just solid and after they found there momentum after Christmas they kicked on! I'm not expecting us to go flying clear from the start just being in and around the top end of the table is a good enough start and will give us a platform to kick on. 

After ten games last season .

1.Scunthorpe

2.Bury

3.Bradford

4.Northampton

5.Port Vale

6.Sheff.Utd

After 46 games.

1.Sheff.Ud

2.Bolton.

3.Scunthorpe

4.Bradford

5.Millwall

6.Southend

Good job Sheff Utd didnt use DunnFCs  rule of thumb.

Its a marathon not a sprint!

• Backroom
1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

1.Scunthorpe

2.Bury

3.Bradford

4.Northampton

5.Port Vale

6.Sheff.Utd

After 46 games.

1.Sheff.Ud

2.Bolton.

3.Scunthorpe

4.Bradford

5.Millwall

6.Southend

Or Bolton!

42 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

I am not saying I was disappointed. I am talking about size of the playing staff and how the squad size is vastly reduced (wages) but with that our vulnerability to compete effectively over the course of a season.

We need bodies. Bodies cost money. Loans are bodies.

There will be bodies. One in today, meaning the should be 3 more before the window closes.

In the loan department you'll find that a lot of the "better" players become available towards the end of the window. Naturally as the club would have a better overview of injuries, signings and status of young players during pre-season. 

1 minute ago, briansol said:

There will be bodies. One in today, meaning the should be 3 more before the window closes.

In the loan department you'll find that a lot of the "better" players become available towards the end of the window. Naturally as the club would have a better overview of injuries, signings and status of young players during pre-season. 

Next week I think premier league teams submit 25 man squads which will make movement across the divisions I suspect.

9 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

1.Scunthorpe

2.Bury

3.Bradford

4.Northampton

5.Port Vale

6.Sheff.Utd

After 46 games.

1.Sheff.Ud

2.Bolton.

3.Scunthorpe

4.Bradford

5.Millwall

6.Southend

Standards, setting the bar realistically high is required. Seven years of meh and poor mentality needs to change. 

Winners are winners and is the mindset to be adopted by everyone

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

Standards, setting the bar realistically high is required. Seven years of meh and poor mentality needs to change. 

Winners are winners and is the mindset to be adopted by everyone

Im sure every team sets off with that mindset but unfortunately football isnt as black and white as that,and anyone who thinks it is is being rather naive.

If it was that easy every relegated team would bounce straight back up.

Setting bars and "expecting" are two different things.

51 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

No I'm just not rose eyed. 

Its called being impartial. Separating sensibility away from emotion, try it.

My passion is there to be see Dunnfc as you know through our private conversations we had but I feel that you are being over critical of certain players or signings and Mowbray

50 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Lets go over this yet again cos we haven't been over it before like a broken record

I gave Mowbray to impress and he certainly did that. Impressed by the way he got us to get 22 points from 15 games when Coyle couldn't even do that. The structure of the team and having Plan A and B. Plus he open and Honest comments he made throughout his time at the club

32 minutes ago, J*B said:

.. YOU DIDN'T WANT MOWBRAY EITHER!

Lets go over this yet again cos we haven't been over it before like a broken record

I gave Mowbray to impress and he certainly did that. Impressed by the way he got us to get 22 points from 15 games when Coyle couldn't even do that. The structure of the team and having Plan A and B. Plus he open and Honest comments he made throughout his time at the club

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have improved the squad this window, so I think your point is mute. Most fans agree. 

Yes the squad is stronger and Mowbray has made signings to play specific roles within the team and playing style/formation. Not the case last season under Coyle

22 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

1.Scunthorpe

2.Bury

3.Bradford

4.Northampton

5.Port Vale

6.Sheff.Utd

After 46 games.

1.Sheff.Ud

2.Bolton.

3.Scunthorpe

4.Bradford

5.Millwall

6.Southend

the aim  is top 2 by end of the season and like you said its a marathon not sprint.

Bury, Northampton and Port Vale didn't make the top 6 by end of the season

Archived