BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Would be happy taking a punt on this lad on a permanent, never sure about loaning young lads they come to us to play but often aren't ready just yet to play frequently 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Would be happy taking a punt on this lad on a permanent, never sure about loaning young lads they come to us to play but often aren't ready just yet to play frequently 

We need to restock the fridge I'm always up for potential. 

15 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Only negative is he's been injured for some time - quite a big injury by all accounts. I know you have to take the odd risk but let's hope we've done our homework if it is permanent.

We do like signing these types so a loan with a view to buy would be best all around it's about time some lessons were finally learned.

Cheston are you reading this ?

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Does Mowbray's contacts book extend beyond his old club Middlesbrough ? 

Said the same yesterday after the goalie signed though the kid is 19/20. It's worrying though when such emphasis on recruitment has been placed which chaddy has alluded to himself concerning it being proper recruitment. 

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think Nixon said Rovers paid something like 6k pwk for Gallagher last season and after his reasonable success at Champ level I bet Southampton are wanting a good bit more this time around.

He's ok never going to make it in the premier league or top level championship 

3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

He's ok never going to make it in the premier league or top level championship 

Some of your comments....

He scored 12-15 odd goals at a relegated Blackburn, with no creativity and an awful midfield. And yet he can't make it at the top level of the championship. Surely you are going for the wind up.

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

13 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Said the same yesterday after the goalie signed though the kid is 19/20. It's worrying though when such emphasis on recruitment has been placed which chaddy has alluded to himself concerning it being proper recruitment. 

So players from Middlesbrough should now be added to "players with agents" on the list of who we shouldn't sign? 

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Some of your comments....

He scored 12-15 odd goals at a relegated Blackburn, with no creativity and an awful midfield. And yet he can't make it at the top level of the championship. Surely you are going for the wind up.

He's a mid table pushing play offs. He's not particularly pacey, struggles to stay composed and suffers from John stead itus he shrinks as he jumps for a header. 

Good for us but we are on a par with your wig and and ipswichs not your wolves, Sunderland types. 

Whod he play ahead of in the premier league? Or Villa in this league etc?

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think Nixon said Rovers paid something like 6k pwk for Gallagher last season and after his reasonable success at Champ level I bet Southampton are wanting a good bit more this time around.

He also signed a new 4 year deal this summer which you would assume gave him higher wages that would be passed on to the loaning club. No doubt Southampton will sign some foreign player who will keep him out of their first team and he will spend the next few years on loan before moving on.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You too, along with some others,  are complaining that we are signing players from Middlesborough or players that Mowbray has managed previously 

Which is peculiar but who mentioned about not signing them because of that? I don't think I did though I do think it's rather limited/strange/unimaginative.

29 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Dont see what your problem is with Mowbray's recruitment and the players recruit by him? Can you explain in more detail what your issues are?

8 permanent signings made so far. 

31 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Give it a rest Jim. 

Or Mowbray with alot of contacts within the game. 

40 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wolves and Birmingham leading the chase apparently 

Rejected Birmingham last week so I was told

7 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

He's a mid table pushing play offs. He's not particularly pacey, struggles to stay composed and suffers from John stead itus he shrinks as he jumps for a header. 

Good for us but we are on a par with your wig and and ipswichs not your wolves, Sunderland types. 

Whod he play ahead of in the premier league? Or Villa in this league etc?

A bit unfair. In my opinion he has Premiership potential. He is very fast, especially on longer distance. Last season he outran defenders with the ball. With his attributes he might even be better suited to the Premiership than championship, could see him grab 10+ goals for one of the promoted teams like Brighton. 

I agree that his composure needs to improve, and probably lacks the innate cleverness infront of goal like Glen Murray and Rhodes. However those two lack the physical attributes to compete in the Premiership unlike Gallagher.

12 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Which is peculiar but who mentioned about not signing them because of that? I don't think I did though I do think it's rather limited/strange/unimaginative.

A manager signing players he knows and has worked with before is limited/strange/unimaginative?

OK. I don't see many utd fans saying that about them signing Matic. 

Strange... How do you make out that it is Strange? 

I think Murray would have scored more in the PL if he had avoided the serious knee injury towards the end of Palace's promotion season. As for Rhodes, I totally agree. Gallagher reminds me a little of Franco Di Santo, he's got all the raw attributes, but lacks the composure and decision making to make a consistent top level performer. Good enough for a promotion chasing Championship team? Without a doubt.

20 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Arsenal striker Stephy Mavididi on loan??

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Been linked with him. Some championship teams have aswell..

The Independent, plus some press down in London, are reporting that he's coming to Preston. Don't know much about him to be honest.

https://twitter.com/JackPittBrooke/status/892780391165296640

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/28009/charlton-set-miss-arsenal-youngster-preston-poised-loan-deal/

Archived