BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

On Lenihan, TM: "The stuff I saw the other day was total untruth. There wasn't another bid, it just seems to be a bit of mischief making"

Me: Expect to add a new signing before the w/e?
TM: Yes.
Me: Harry Chapman?
TM: We're looking at a few, it's which one falls in to place."

I've seen a bit of Harry Chapman in the past and he's very good. Surprised he isn't lined up for a Championship loan.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, north_ender said:

The Independent, plus some press down in London, are reporting that he's coming to Preston. Don't know much about him to be honest.

https://twitter.com/JackPittBrooke/status/892780391165296640

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/28009/charlton-set-miss-arsenal-youngster-preston-poised-loan-deal/

How are the Nyambe and Mahoney deals coming along North Ender? ;)

5 minutes ago, north_ender said:

I've seen a bit of Harry Chapman in the past and he's very good. Surprised he isn't lined up for a Championship loan.

I think I am going to put a sneaky bet on you guys for promotion. What are the odds? Good manager and some excellent League of Ireland players gone over there. If they fulfill their potential, you have got some real bargains. 

23 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

How are the Nyambe and Mahoney deals coming along North Ender? ;)

Grayson was interested in 2-3 of your players but was told Mahoney was the only one he seriously went for, and he turned us down to play U23 football. Can't see how that benefits him personally over a move to Forest, PNE or staying at Blackburn but never mind.

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think I am going to put a sneaky bet on you guys for promotion. What are the odds? Good manager and some excellent League of Ireland players gone over there. If they fulfill their potential, you have got some real bargains. 

I don't think we'll make the top 6. There's probably about 6 big spenders who will be expecting top 2, and about 10-12 clubs who will be expecting top 6. I would expect another top half finish but nothing more at this stage. Hugill is going to be sold soon.

Tom Barkhuizen and Sean Maguire are worth a look for top scorer though, the odds will be great.

12 minutes ago, north_ender said:

Grayson was interested in 2-3 of your players but was told Mahoney was the only one he seriously went for, and he turned us down to play U23 football. Can't see how that benefits him personally over a move to Forest, PNE or staying at Blackburn but never mind.

I don't think we'll make the top 6. There's probably about 6 big spenders who will be expecting top 2, and about 10-12 clubs who will be expecting top 6. I would expect another top half finish but nothing more at this stage. Hugill is going to be sold soon.

Tom Barkhuizen and Sean Maguire are worth a look for top scorer though, the odds will be great.

You escaped Jason Steele though ......

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Chapman seems the type of player with a bit of trickery.  Mahoney replacement? And at 19/20 should be ready for league 1.  That said, think we need a left winger with pace as Feeney can do a job on the right.  Can't face another year of Conway constantly stopping and turning back to cross on his right.

Hartlepool-born Chapman is an attacking midfielder, usually deployed on either flank. 

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harry-chapman-boro-academy-england-9455477

He is best suited to playing as: Left winger in 4-3-3.

https://footballtalentscout.net/2016/02/27/harry-chapman/

7 minutes ago, briansol said:

Hartlepool-born Chapman is an attacking midfielder, usually deployed on either flank. 

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harry-chapman-boro-academy-england-9455477

He is best suited to playing as: Left winger in 4-3-3.

https://footballtalentscout.net/2016/02/27/harry-chapman/

Yippee

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dont see what your problem is with Mowbray's recruitment and the players recruit by him? Can you explain in more detail what your issues are?

8 permanent signings made so far. 

Give it a rest Jim. 

Or Mowbray with alot of contacts within the game. 

Rejected Birmingham last week so I was told by nixon

Corrected it for you

• Backroom
Just now, GreenRover said:

Any further news on Bogle from Wigan? 

I doubt there's any interest from us, be pleasantly surprised if there was just don't see it 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Tom said:

I doubt there's any interest from us, be pleasantly surprised if there was just don't see it 

If neophox says there's interest, I believe him. BUT I doubt it will come to anything.

Tbf we'd be stupid not to at least be interested imo.

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

If neophox says there's interest, I believe him. BUT I doubt it will come to anything.

Surely Wigan wouldn't allow him to go to a promotion rival on the eve of the season if clubs from the championship are interested? That's something I thought we only did.

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Agree to disagree on this one sir 

32 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Great news and very open answer there from Mowbray Not for sale

2 hours ago, Baz said:

Even if we get Chapman we are still in need of a striker, preferably I'd like someone with experience of scoring goals in this league on a regular basis. 

Yes I agree but its seems like Mowbray is looking for PL loan striker. 

34 minutes ago, GreenRover said:

Any further news on Bogle from Wigan? 

I think we would be interest but not sure we would play 1 million for us. 

17 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Ian Holloway likes Bogle at QPR - Wigan selling 850k apparently. @J*B ?

Strange team Qpr. I'm unsure how well they do tbh this coming season

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I agree but its seems like Mowbray is looking for PL loan striker. 

Thing is w8ith a PL striker, you may get the Sam Gallagher who couldn't score at MK Eons, or the one who turned up at Ewood, you could get a Stephen Hendrie or a Tammy Abraham - sometimes experience counts for a lot. It's a long hard slog of a season in this league, we can't afford to go to January with only 2 first team strikers, and a kid, Samuel is pretty unproven too.

57 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/august/we-are-continuing-to-build-a-competitive-squad/

ToMo expecting one more in before we put the Shrimpers on the BBQ

"We are building a competitive squad"

How many times did we hear that from Ke*n and Coyle?

Sounds different coming from TM who has some integrity about him.

Chaddy can you please stop saying we have made 8 signings, not even rovers website counts Nuttall as he is a development squad player, even they say we have signed SEVEN.

I thought Gallagher had a decent season for us but he does need to improve quite a bit, he does have the potential though and to write him off as never going to be good enough for a top championship side makes a person sound silly.  He could very well never improve but there's every chance he will make a decent PL player, depends on him though, if he can make the improvement he did from when he played for MK Dons to us again then he will.

Venkys still loom very large in the background but TM certainly does believe he's gonna get the 2 or 3 more he needs to be happy with the squad.

Archived