BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Roverseas previews Bristol Rovers (H) 25.11.17

J*B

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good 3 points without the good performance. 1st 30 mins we pass the ball well until the key pass..

Then 15 mins of 1st we got sloppy and it almost cost us a goal..

Second half we started well until their scored. 

Mulgrew took his pen very well..

Was impressed Samuel goal, his movement was good and he wanted to score today and performance was good..

Felt sorry for Nuttall today no chances created for him but he did make some good runs but never was play him

Both SKy and BBC say we were outplayed for first 60 minutes.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Smallwood did the dirty work very well, broke up play and was up and down all game. He was mom by a mile. He isn't their to be the creative one and stuck to his task , as always to the whistle. 

I agree regarding Smallwood, if he was imaginative as well he'd be playing at the next level. Looks like if you rolled Evans and Whittingham up into one player they still wouldn't be the answer to the other centre midfield spot.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Which is completely irrelevant because we won, again, let's hope we get outplayed every week as long as the results remain the same, don't you agree?

2 hours ago, barry_ said:

I don't know about that but there certainly was a large police presence in the whole ground, today. 

As an add on, does anyone know why? 

Large presence at Blackburn train station, & blues & twos going off nearby. Don't know why never saw much apart from some flares, maybe some elements of the away following were up to no good.

Just now, Gav said:

Which is completely irrelevant because we won, again, let's hope we get outplayed every week as long as the results remain the same, don't you agree?

Just saying that what Chaddy sees is not always gospel but thanks for your input. I am happy of the win but am not foolish to think all is rosey.

9 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

Large presence at Blackburn train station, & blues & twos going off nearby. Don't know why never saw much apart from some flares, maybe some elements of the away following were up to no good.

I drove passed Blackburn railway station 1730 ish , not many people about at all.....a lot of police coming down off the motorway at Darwen at 2pm ...

watched the game and we dominated game but Bristol was dangerous on counter attacks.. playing one striker at home does not work. When Samuel and Graham came in we started to create chances before that we lacked the killer pass. Thought Bristol Rovers was a good team who tried and fighted hard but got zero reward and we got three points. Again Mulgrew was the best player along with Downing and Samuel was good when he came on. Playing Whitts, Evans and Smallwood together is not the answer. 4-4-2 at home and 4-3-2-1 away is the answer.

16 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

Did 'The Gas' turn up?

I remember the game at Bath in early 90's when they attacked our pub with of all things a tesco shopping trolley!

Apparently the pub window was ancient, the landlord was less than pleased as the trolley came crashing through.

6 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I drove passed Blackburn railway station 1730 ish , not many people about at all.....a lot of police coming down off the motorway at Darwen at 2pm ...

545ish I must have got there, looked like there was arresting a bloke outside lots of remonstrating going on, on the platforms in numbers.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Did 'The Gas' turn up?

I remember the game at Bath in early 90's when they attacked our pub with of all things a tesco shopping trolley!

Apparently the pub window was ancient, the landlord was less than pleased as the trolley came crashing through.

No idea, no questions got asked I just kept a low profile.

4 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Looked a fair crowd over there mate. 

Had a word with one or two of their lads, said I'd unleash the BRFCS boys. 

We all laughed.

They'd have soon been on their toes if the Wimberley Boot Boys had trapped up.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Were they watching a dodgy TV feed as well?

For the first 20-25 minutes Bristol hardly had a touch of the ball, although we didn't make all our possession pay. As soon as the had a goal disallowed it seemed to inspire them and they had the best of the rest of the first half

We started the second half decently but Bristol continued to look dangerous on the break and Williams scored an excellent goal. That in turn kicked started us and in the next 15-20 minutes we scored two and could have had another two. Then we got  abit nervous as most sides do when only a goal up towards the end  giving the ball away constantly doesn't help in this situation.

Has there ever been a case of two subs coming on and the first touch of both of them leading to a goal? Despite only being on for 30 minutes I would have given the MOTM to Graham - he changed the game. And Bennett for Dack was the right sub too - he dug in with a bit of aggression and some good tackles.

Archived