• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
On 23/11/2017 at 18:00, Tom said:

Any sort of win, I'll take a nervy, ugly, lucky 1-0 anyday 

2-1 but the rest apply 

Utterly bonkers game of football 

Just now, J*B said:

A good win. I’m all for getting wins while playing badly but definately feel like Mowbray made it hard for us. 

See, I watched the game and felt Bristol Rovers (the opposition) made it difficult for us, but each to their own.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We got away with one big time there, but a win is a win. Let’s make sure it’s 4 from 4 against the donkey lashers on Tuesday.

Oh and Venkys, please don’t throw us yet another sh*t sandwich with this CEO you’re bringing in just as we’re showing some form of stability on the pitch.

God. People moan because we don't have a CEO then moan because one might be coming in.

It was AFC Wimbledon all over again, just with a bit more luck.

However it’s the points and keeping the winning run that is critical at this stage.

If we win our game in hand on Tuesday we are back to a one game swing from the automatics.

It really is a funny old game, absolutely batter Plymouth and come away with a draw, then play pretty average today and come away with a win! Needed that, win game in hand and we are 3 points off second, need to get through to january and then bring in a couple of additions and give it a, dare I say it 'real good go'

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

God. People moan because we don't have a CEO then moan because one might be coming in.

Depends who it is, think that was the point he was making

One person mentioned whose second name will send shivers down the spine of many a rovers supporter, but luckily not related :)

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I’m not moaning because one may be coming in, I’m simply saying it better not be somebody toxic to step on TM’s toes just as we’re showing some stability. Sorry for thinking the worst with this lot in charge. If it’s somebody who understands football and has the clubs best interest at heart then fantastic. 

Whittingham out wide was a bad decision repeated, hopefully not again in the future as it clearly doesn't work.

Bristol Rovers played surprisingly well but that was in large part because we let them.

Graham showed his class when he came on with some quality lay offs and Samuel won a pen and scored so Nuttall might be back to the bench for a while.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’m not moaning because one may be coming in, I’m simply saying it better not be somebody toxic to step on TM’s toes just as we’re showing some stability. Sorry for thinking the worst with this lot in charge. If it’s somebody who understands football and has the clubs best interest at heart then fantastic. 

Well said. Let's see who it is before we reach for the revolvers.

57 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

To be replaced by who?

Quite agree and that’s a big part of our midfield problem. Evans was, as usual, predictable and negative and Smallwood frequently unimaginative. How Smallwood was MOTM I don’t know.

Bringing in Graham and Samuel certainly shook things up. 

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Its a very good point Gavlar, just when the footballing side of things seems to going in the right direction up step our absent owners with an 'appointment'

They've not made a successful appointment in 8yrs, I'm sure we all fear the worst.

Fantastic win today after going 1 down, I couldn't care less how we played, I couldn't care less what formation we played or who Mowbray played or even how the pies tasted, its another 3 points in the bag and the Rovers are marching up the league, thats all that matters at this stage.

Well... That was nerve-wracking, but sometimes, nothing feels better than a ruthless and undeserved smash and grab of three points.

Evans needs removing from the starting XI until his substitute cameos warrant something more. He's not an international by pure luck, but he's obviously not right at the moment.

Smallwood... He did his defensive duties well, as usual, but his passing was a liability today. Still... MotM? I'm not so sure. I would give it to Mulgrew, who was once again a rock at the back, and put away yet another fantastic penalty to get us going.

I think we have to accept that Mowbray will never stop tinkering with the formation and starting XI. He's already shown that he won't change based on fan opinion. Well... More power to him, if it all pays off in the end, but it will always bit him in the arse big time when it doesn't pay off.

Just now, Paul said:

Quite agree and that’s a big part of our midfield problem. Evans was, as usual, predictable and negative and Smallwood frequently unimaginative. How Smallwood was MOTM I don’t know.

Bringing in Graham and Samuel certainly shook things up. 

Evans has been really poor imo recently. I understand that when TM said recently that young Tomlinson had been having some off the field problems that was quite possibly the understatement of the year.

As a result the Club have I'm told done something imo quite admirable and remarkable which has necessitated making a considerable investment in the lad. I hope this faith translates further into attempting to integrate him into the first team as presumably we must rate him.

I think we need to start looking beyond Evans and his never ending injury problems.

Not a very good performance but grateful for three points.Made ground on Shrewsbury so a good enough day all round.

I hope he goes for the win against Blackpool.Thought Nuttall ran about but we created nothing for him,I'd start with either Graham or Samuel Tuesday night, and I'd bring Bennett back in place Whittingham. Good to see the subs make an impact.

Archived