BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Swap the Rovers and Wigan scores around and you may be right

Shrewsbury certainly have the kindest fixture this time around however their last result puts them under a little bit of pressure at home 

52 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Tomorrow's scores today:-

MK Dons v Rovers 1-2

Shrewsbury V Oxford 1-0

Pompey v Wigan 1-1

Anybody else feeling lucky enough to have a punt, punk?

Having seen Oxfords last two matches I think they will push Shrewsbury all the way and could nick a point. I think Cook would take a point at Portsmouth now. As for us who knows. We should win but there is always a pocket of negativity where Rovers are concerned however I'm sticking my neck out and saying we will be top of the league at 7.30 pm.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Having seen Oxfords last two matches I think they will push Shrewsbury all the way and could nick a point. I think Cook would take a point at Portsmouth now. As for us who knows. We should win but there is always a pocket of negativity where Rovers are concerned however I'm sticking my neck out and saying we will be top of the league at 7.30 pm.

Hope so. Is it Karl Robinson's new club? Based on not much at all I've always though he was a bit overrated.

3 matches, 6 teams, and we're all in need of a win for different reasons.

15 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Hope so. Is it Karl Robinson's new club? Based on not much at all I've always though he was a bit overrated.

It is his new club and they've been decent in his two games so far. A result for them tomorrow might just be enough to tip Shrewsbury over the edge.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Quite right there blueboy. Robinson talks the talk but is massively overrated and a chippy scouser to boot.

Shrewsbury has been my home town for the last 3 years, and my old man is a season ticket holder there now.

I was at the charlton Shrewsbury game when Robinson was in charge there, and Charlton were clueless. Incredibly disappointing as I thought they might win. They had no answer to Shrewsbury.

i will also be at the game tomorrow, which should be interesting. Not expecting much from Oxford, but Shrewsbury’s injuries and suspensions are catching up.

they are a well oiled team, who if go a goal up, can usually defend it. 1st goal crucial

9 hours ago, JacknOry said:

The Shrews are struggling squad wise with suspensions and injuries at the moment.

To quote a wise man in these parts: "It could be a turning point"

I read their centre half was stretchered off on Saturday with a fractured cheek bone. I hope he recovers so he can play next season. That seemed to be a turning point in the Rochdale game. The lack of bodies must be an issue for them.

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I read their centre half was stretchered off on Saturday with a fractured cheek bone. I hope he recovers so he can play next season. That seemed to be a turning point in the Rochdale game. The lack of bodies must be an issue for them.

They only had one recognised CM for that game. Two players were suspended and a couple more injured too, throw in this fresh injury and it is really stretching their squad. TM has brought real strength in depth for us and it will prove to be a big advantage for us.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

If we win our game in hand against Southend on Saturday it means  Shrewsbury will have to win two more games than us from the last 6.

Get yer arses down to Ewood!!

We'll beat Southend no problem and as you say that will keep the pressure on the Shrews who just won't go away as yet. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

If we win our game in hand against Southend on Saturday it means  Shrewsbury will have to win two more games than us from the last 6.

Get yer arses down to Ewood!!

Actually they could win one and draw 2 and go above us if we lose our next three. Apart from that it was a good post:)

Nah, I've confused my self now. Roll on May 6th:wacko:

If we beat Southend, things will be looking very good with 4 points more than Shrewsbury having played the same number of games. 

Edit - Or 7 points ahead having played one more, as highlighted above!

Archived