BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

There is still going to be lots of twists and turns yet so we need to keep our focus and not get carried away. Just take each game as it comes without taking too much notice of Shrewsbury as we are clearly in the box seat now. Psychologically they will be damaged by today.

It's quite strange that we had a bad day two weeks ago without playing but today has been a very good day again without playing.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shrews result worked in our favour today but let's heed some caution here MK Dons are on a good run at the moment that game is more difficult now than what it was say 2-3 weeks ago Shrews are at Home to Oxford I think ... Things could do a 180 come Monday 

Just now, AJW said:

Shrews result worked in our favour today but let's heed some caution here MK Dons are on a good run at the moment that game is more difficult now than what it was say 2-3 weeks ago Shrews are at Home to Oxford I think ... Things could do a 180 come Monday 

no it isn't.

Absolute worst case scenario, I cant see shrews doing better than 5 wins and 2 draws in their last 7. If they do that's 17 points.

Meaning we need 16 from our last 8 games. 5 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats gets us that. I just cant see us not getting that

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, AJW said:

Whilst that would be disappointing in the extreme the reality would be that we are two games closerto the end in no worse a position than we were before kick off yesterday and still in the driving seat 

7 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Absolute worst case scenario, I cant see shrews doing better than 5 wins and 2 draws in their last 7. If they do that's 17 points.

Meaning we need 16 from our last 8 games. 5 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats gets us that. I just cant see us not getting that

That’s the spirit FGS! 

The Shrews have gone.

I thought they might struggle with their player suspensions . . and also the one off injured today added to that.

It's just a pity Wigan had a string of easy games after losing in the FA Cup or we'd be favourites to finish top.

11 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

5 games at home ..2 away  ...

Just now, Husky said:

The Shrews have gone.

I thought they might struggle with their player suspensions . . and also the one off injured today added to that.

It's just a pity Wigan had a string of easy games after losing in the FA Cup or we'd be favourites to finish top.

I think it's a bit premature to say that. However if we could win our game in hand, we'd need to lose two of the last seven and Shrews would have to win two to get ahead of us given the respective goal differences.

Feeling cautiously optimistic for the first time as opposed to merely hopeful and today's result has certainly added a bit of cheer to the Bank Holiday.

just got to keep winning and keep the pressure on the other 2 and who know what could happen after monday we have 2 games before shrewsbury play again,we have not got to give them any hope .  I think then they may start preparing for the play offs by resting some.

1 hour ago, Husky said:

The Shrews have gone.

Hope that doesn't come back to haunt us. We've some tough games.... Charlton, Posh in particular. 

Fingers crossed though. It's looking promising

Don't worry lads , to think where we are and how far we have progressed from last season is unbelievable .
If Blackburn and Wigan can't get themselves promoted with their cash then something is seriously wrong. Even Mowbray can't f.ck it up and I don't rate him as a Manager . I think he will replaced at some point next season to be honest .
We may be disappointed at the moment but , we still have a chance of automatic promotion, you just never know., and then there are the play offs !
Blackburn fans have been kicked from arsehole to breakfast time having to watch the chicken munchers almost destroy their proud club and as we all know it's the fans that hurt the most.
They are permanent , it's their club in the hands of some useless fools who really couldn't give a toss about the club or its proud history . If they go up automatically as looks likely good luck to them , their true fans deserve it after what they have had to endure .
I am proud of my club no matter what - and the seasons not quite over yet!
COYB

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/97045/rochdale-thread?page=4#ixzz5BGEbL4cU

Cracking post from a Shrews fan.

23 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Don't worry lads , to think where we are and how far we have progressed from last season is unbelievable .
If Blackburn and Wigan can't get themselves promoted with their cash then something is seriously wrong. Even Mowbray can't f.ck it up and I don't rate him as a Manager . I think he will replaced at some point next season to be honest .
We may be disappointed at the moment but , we still have a chance of automatic promotion, you just never know., and then there are the play offs !
Blackburn fans have been kicked from arsehole to breakfast time having to watch the chicken munchers almost destroy their proud club and as we all know it's the fans that hurt the most.
They are permanent , it's their club in the hands of some useless fools who really couldn't give a toss about the club or its proud history . If they go up automatically as looks likely good luck to them , their true fans deserve it after what they have had to endure .
I am proud of my club no matter what - and the seasons not quite over yet!
COYB

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/97045/rochdale-thread?page=4#ixzz5BGEbL4cU

Cracking post from a Shrews fan.

Great sentiments from a Shrewsbury fan, especially after a defeat. 

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

What's the keeper doing for that last goal! 

When the guy throws it into the box, he's not in the picture anywhere.  I presume that he's on his way up for the long throw but they've taken it quickly and caught him in no mans land.

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bloody hell it looks like we've got away with one there. How on earth has the referee allowed himself to be overruled by the linesman on the far side of the pitch. Still it was nice to see that cretin of a keeper in his clown shorts trying to catch his namesake for the third goal.

Just now, arbitro said:

Bloody hell it looks like we've got away with one there. How on earth has the referee allowed himself to be overruled by the linesman on the far side of the pitch. Still it was nice to see that cretin of a keeper in his clown shorts trying to catch his namesake for the third goal.

It didn't look a pen to me. What about the first two goals in the game. The keepers went down like they were getting into bed. Raya would have thrown his cap on those two shots.

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It didn't look a pen to me. What about the first two goals in the game. The keepers went down like they were getting into bed. Raya would have thrown his cap on those two shots.

I wasn't sure about the validity of the penalty but the referee was incredibly weak in not backing his judgement but taking the word of somebody not only a lot further away but looking through players to get a view. I would love to know how their conversation went.

Archived