BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pitch Invasion of sorts

AAK

Just now, Stuart said:

The timing and nature of it and ignoring the pleas to leave. £10 tickets and a late kick off after an afternoon in the pub look like a bad combination.

But the behaviour once they were on in there was so arrogant. A couple got a proper pasting when they reached the BBE.

3108623B-6770-4771-8019-1C8DF8E015FA.jpeg

What happened to the club acting in those that invaded? They should have been kettled and arrested. 

Thank God that the Darwen End is closed next season, to home fans. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
1 minute ago, Stuart said:

The timing and nature of it and ignoring the pleas to leave. £10 tickets and a late kick off after an afternoon in the pub look like a bad combination.

But the behaviour once they were on in there was so arrogant. A couple got a proper pasting when they reached the BBE.

3108623B-6770-4771-8019-1C8DF8E015FA.jpeg

That’s what got to me most - they weren’t even celebrating just being @#/? 

3 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

What happened to the club acting in those that invaded? They should have been kettled and arrested. 

In fairness the vast majority of these folks were people who don’t normally attend. There were still lots of fans in the DE stand while all this was going on.

It was always going to happen at full time so I was prepared for it. But to do it with the game ongoing and us charging forward was unbelievably brain dead.

So we had to see the spectacle twice and now we’ll have a fine incoming - just imagine if Oxford needed a point for survival.

It was somewhat ignorant (football fans show ignorance WORLD EXCLUSIVE!) but after the announcer requested people stay in their seats for the 3rd time (out of 5 not including after the "invasion") it started to irritate me a bit. Majority of fans aren't deaf. Robinson nearly exchanged blows with someone can't deny I was kinda entertained by it all. 

I don't know whether they were regular attendees or not. It wasn't the majority. Some of them did seem more interested in "selfies" and a few even traded verbals with those fans who were angered by it. Some of them were kids as well and they don't really know any better.

Some of the miscreants were middle/old aged and frankly embarrassing. I don't condone any of it but if it does happen you expect it to be spotty young herbs.

The Oxford fans and Rovers fans who obeyed the repeated requests rightly sang several insulating songs but the weapons just carried on. At one point I thought the lap of honour might not happen on safety grounds.

It's not often I feel angry these days but I really felt annoyance and ill feelings towards these idiots.

There will have been a lot of young and first time fans there today. I expect it has put them off returning.

The JWL and Riverside fans just looked on in disbelief. Miscreants is too polite a word, arbitro.

36 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Disagree. They are coming to sit near me. 

Just now, Stuart said:

There will have been a lot of young and first time fans there today. I expect it has put them off returning.

The JWL and Riverside fans just looked on in disbelief. Miscreants is too polite a word, arbitro.

Why? I imagine most young fans enjoy that sort of thing and probably would have joined in if not for seating location and whoever was with them.

Should note the flares that were set off (after 2nd goal I believe was the first instance) might have prompted the announcer to keep repeating the same request. Probably should have seen it coming really but I was a little bit surprised by it. 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Why? I imagine most young fans enjoy that sort of thing and probably would have joined in if not for seating location and whoever was with them.

Should note the flares that were set off (after 2nd goal I believe was the first instance) might have prompted the announcer to keep repeating the same request. Probably should have seen it coming really but I was a little bit surprised by it. 

As I’ve mentioned my 6 year old was devastated, really really upset for a good while. He was excited for the celebration then it all got tense.

He said his best ever game had been ruined, there was a nasty atmosphere, punch ups etc and he was scared, he’s said he doesn’t want to go again.

5 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

I’m thinking youngsters with their parents, not teenage oiks with no respect.

Just now, Tom said:

As I’ve mentioned my 6 year old was devastated, really really upset for a good while. He was excited for the celebration then it all got tense.

He said his best ever game had been ruined, there was a nasty atmosphere, punch ups etc and he was scared, he’s said he doesn’t want to go again.

Breaks my heart that Tom. Hopefully the better memories will survive the Summer break and he’ll be looking forward to it when it comes round again.

Just now, Stuart said:

I’m thinking youngsters with their parents, not teenage oiks with no respect.

Well yeah because some parents wouldn't have allowed it. Others on the other hand took their kids on with them.

Just now, Tom said:

I didn't see any violence besides Robinson squaring up to someone. No wonder he had that sloppy looking towel round his waist he was probably in the mood for a brawl lol. Take him to Disneyland again after that he will feel better!

12 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

Disagree. They are coming to sit near me. 

It splits them up though!

The club needs to do something about this. Imagine fining every single one of those fans £1000. Ewood could have a good lick of paint with that kind of money. 

• Backroom
Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Well yeah because some parents wouldn't have allowed it. Others on the other hand took their kids on with them.

I didn't see any violence besides Robinson squaring up to someone. No wonder he had that sloppy looking towel round his waist he was probably in the mood for a brawl lol. Take him to Disneyland again after that he will feel better!

Funny you should say that - just booked to go to Anaheim in October - keeping it a surprise mind you 

He’s a bit sensitive I think he just felt uncomfortable with it all 

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

The worst part being most of those on the pitch will probably not be returning either, unless we play Burnley or a big city in’t cup.

Typical of these idiots to spoil it for fans, children in particular, and the players after the brilliant season we've had.

Where were they when there was a genuine need for a pitch invasion - ie,  in protest at Venky's were in the process of throwing away our Premier League status  in the Kean era ? 

Wasn't there yesterday - but how many stewards and police were in attendance around the pitch ?  Where there enough of them and what did they do to stop it, if anything ?  Shouldn't the club have anticipated this invasion in advance ? 

Totally embarrassing turned a 10 out of 10 day into a 7 out of 10 for me... was it me but in previous years, where we have had better seasons hasn't there been more stewards, creating almost a human barrier.. I'm really not sure what our stewards do at these kind of times.. even when we've had a few individual idiots going into the pitch they've just stood and watched 

34 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Totally embarrassing turned a 10 out of 10 day into a 7 out of 10 for me... was it me but in previous years, where we have had better seasons hasn't there been more stewards, creating almost a human barrier.. I'm really not sure what our stewards do at these kind of times.. even when we've had a few individual idiots going into the pitch they've just stood and watched 

Much easier nowadays to just stand back and let the “Fan Liaison Officer” film people.

To be fair though there were far too many people on the pitch to blame stewarding.

It’s only been called a minority because there were so many people at Ewood yesterday.

I should point out that the photo I posted above was the second pitch invasion. The first I was just in disbelief.

Archived