BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Burnley pub renamed after Sean Dyche

59 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

The thing that puzzles me , why didn't they strengthen the squad during the summer ??? 

Maybe it's the keeper change cos they are leaking goals , which is surprising...

They tried, players weren't interested. Despite their little European adventure (?) they're still not an attractive proposition 

19 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Think this match against United is going to be huge for Burnlah. Big teams seem to hate going t'Toff, so the result could be a good indication of the sort of season they'll have; win or draw, and Dyche might just have his team set right for the season; lose, and I think it's a full-on battle against relegation.

Would be interested to get views from @sympatheticclaret and @longsiders1882 - I may be well wide of the mark!

I think the game is huge for Senor Mourinho , a loss and he is gone !

Bit of catch 22 situation with the Dingles in Europe. Do we hope for them to be knocked out this qualifying round, so that we can laugh at them for being out before the competition 'proper' has even begun; or do we wish for them to progress to the group stage and thus their league form hampered into winter, by which time it might be too late to escape?

Decisions decisions.. :brfcsmilie:

Edited by BRFC4EVA
  • Like 1

We left Blackburn when I was 5 so I've spent most of my life surrounded by gobby plastic Red Rats. I'd always prefer Rovers to beat Utd rather than beat Burnley. It shuts them up for a day or two and obviously beating Utd has always meant more in terms of an achievement because for almost all my life Utd have been a much superior team than the Dingles.

I suppose if we'd have stayed in Blackburn I may have felt differently.

The longer they stay in this cup the more difficult they'll find playing in the Premier League.

If they lose on Sunday that would be good. If they win Mourinho will be a lot nearer the door. That's also good so really it's a win win situation.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
6 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I never want Burnley to win. If they were playing against Martians United for the fate of our planet, I'd happily support our three-fingered enemies than our six-fingered cousins.

Snap. I can't bring myself to do it. 

I don't even think I own any claret or similarly coloured clothing, yes I am that pathetic!

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a good point Tyrone, all depends on where you reside/who you know.

I know Blues from Bamber Bridge, who absolutely can’t abide Preston and their fans, more so than Burnley - for an obvious reason.

Spot on. And this is the reason why I wanted Burnley to beat Aberdeen. Living in Scotland it meant more to me that the English teams put the Scottish ones in their place. Cue that poster Dryhorse coming on here banging on about Scotland and Scottish football with the chip on his shoulder again (assuming he wasn't banned).

Always preferable to beat Burnley, which we WOULD. But can see where he's coming from.

I've lived in Sheff for 10+ years and I cannot dislike Wednesday any more and am constantly dying to beat them or see them beat.

Their fans are so bloody blinkered, cocky, and unbearably deluded - and some of my best mates too ?

I nearly ran out of petrol whilst driving through Burnley yesterday but refused to fill up as I don't want to give any money to anything in Burnley. Had to wait until I was safely over the border in Hyndburn and then fill up.

So I can see the merits in wanting them to last in the competition to hamper their league form but it is an abomination that they are in European qualification (not Europe, they haven't qualified yet). Their time is ticking and they got lucky big style last season.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Snap. I can't bring myself to do it. 

I don't even think I own any claret or similarly coloured clothing, yes I am that pathetic!

I bought myself a really nice " Fred Perry " track suit top a while ago. A really classy item. The main part is cream but the sleeves and top contain claret and blue. The first time I wore it my son said - " What are you doing wearing that ! " . I said " It's only a jacket ". He said " Yeah but look at the colour, don't wear that again if you're out with me ". 

So it's in my wardrobe out in Spain now and I only wear it out of season. Trouble is out of season in Spain it gets mad hot so really it was a waste of money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a good point Tyrone, all depends on where you reside/who you know.

I know Blues from Bamber Bridge, who absolutely can’t abide Preston and their fans, more so than Burnley - for an obvious reason.

I can't abide either almost equally, not much time for Bolton but all the fans of them I actually know are sound and it's just banter. Can't really say the same for the other two bar the odd exception.

When it comes blinkered wind and piss and myths Burnley are definitely on another level and always have been imo and plenty other rival club fans would I agree I think.

Longer they scrape through Europe the better it'll likely ruin their league season, the trap door awaits !